+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application question

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who post here as I have learned quite a bit reading over topics.

I am about to start the PR application with my South Korean partner and we have actually been leaning towards an outland application over an inland which we had previously pushed for.

I think in regards to the application we have all the requirements. I have High income, we have a lease together, she is a beneficiary of my insurance, we have a joint bank account, we have photos of travel, we have tonnes of chat logs and letters, etc.

Since we would like to save money we think it would be best to do our PR application this summer (at the 1 year common-law date) then she returns to South Korea to work while we wait for the application to process. We will be applying for a visitor extension about a month before the PR application.

Based on the reading I don't see any issue with us doing the PR application, then having her move back to Korea to work and save money (also allowing her to see family/reduce the risk of not being able to leave Canada during the application) but I wanted to ask here and get other peoples thoughts.

So my question really is: Would applying for outland PR then having her move back home to work while we wait for the PR application to process cause any issues I am not aware of?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ardonn1 said:
So my question really is: Would applying for outland PR then having her move back home to work while we wait for the PR application to process cause any issues I am not aware of?
absolutely not. an outland application has nothing to do with where the applicant physically is. it has to do with the applicant's country of citizenship. she can be anywhere in the world while the application processes, it will not affect the application. MOST outland applicants are not in canada when the application processes and are back home working and living, as that stream assumes the person is NOT currently in canada.

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks a bunch.

it just seems to easy to do the 1 year common-law with a legitimate relationship. Then do the application and she can still work back home and make money once we initiate the application.

It sounds dreamy, other than the obvious long distance relationship issues but we can tough that out.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ardonn1 said:
It sounds dreamy, other than the obvious long distance relationship issues but we can tough that out.
in the grand scheme of things, it's only a little blip in time that will only make you stronger! good luck!