+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland application - possible to land at IRCC office inside Canada?

OttawaHere

Dec 23, 2014
I just received my CoPR after a looong wait. I had originally entered Canada as a visitor with my husband but my status has since expired a year ago (I'm visa exempt so no stamp in my passport). I'm still in Canada.

I know I can go to the border to flagpole or take a flight and come back and land at the airport.

But is it possible to go to an IRCC office and activate/approve my COPR? It seems more easier that way!

Anyone know the 'rules' or if this is allowed?

Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I just received my CoPR after a looong wait. I had originally entered Canada as a visitor with my husband but my status has since expired a year ago (I'm visa exempt so no stamp in my passport). I'm still in Canada.

I know I can go to the border to flagpole or take a flight and come back and land at the airport.

But is it possible to go to an IRCC office and activate/approve my COPR? It seems more easier that way!

Thanks!
Yes, you can make an appointment

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Thanks!
What kcward said. Just google 'ircc offices' and call to make an appointment. Bear in mind that they often have longish lead times for appointments, so be certain that the date is well within your CoPR expiry date (in case they cancel on you, you may still have to make a dash for the border to flagpole!)

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I believe there is office on Laurier or Queen downtown that "does landings" every second Tuesday. I know this used to be the case. I think they change up the days. As others said call CIC. There is number in the visa letter that you can call to find out more about "office landings"

I am awaiting my copr docs in the mail and want to look into this option. If we have to go flagpole at a land border we will do that but if I can go to Laurier office within a few days of receiving my docs I may do that.

When you say loooong wait... Do you mean long wait for the copr letter in the mail or just long wait in general? My letter was apparently posted 16 days ago and I've not got it yet and I'm getting annnnnnnnoyed! :mad:

Last edited:

OttawaHere

Dec 23, 2014
I believe there is office on Laurier or Queen downtown that "does landings" every second Tuesday. I know this used to be the case. I think they change up the days. As others said call CIC. There is number in the visa letter that you can call to find out more about "office landings"

I am awaiting my copr docs in the mail and want to look into this option. If we have to go flagpole at a land border we will do that but if I can go to Laurier office within a few days of receiving my docs I may do that.

When you say loooong wait... Do you mean long wait for the copr letter in the mail or just long wait in general? My letter was apparently posted 16 days ago and I've not got it yet and I'm getting annnnnnnnoyed! :mad:
OK good to know that! I haven't received the CoPR letter so I didn't know about the phone number ... the website provided a link to a webform to make an appointment but the link doesn't give that option. Yeah the long wait is long wait in general ... I am hoping my letter arrives soon!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
OK good to know that! I haven't received the CoPR letter so I didn't know about the phone number ... the website provided a link to a webform to make an appointment but the link doesn't give that option. Yeah the long wait is long wait in general ... I am hoping my letter arrives soon!
I am expecting my copr letter ( but I expected it yesterday and the day before that!) and landing in an office is a possibility for me.. Will let you know if i find anything out.

OttawaHere

Dec 23, 2014
So its all done! :) Am now officially PR (well, need to wait for the card to actually arrive ...)

The Ottawa office (on Queen) is open on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month (like as posted earlier by someone else) for 'drop in'. Does not matter if its Outland/Inland. Security said other offices have similar schedule so its not just Ottawa. Was not crowded at all.

Good luck to everyone here still going through the process!

Reactions: Hurlabrick