+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland application in Canada with invalid student status

tiffaany

Mar 29, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading this post. So im now in Vancouver as a student and my study visa is expiring on July 31 2016 and i havent enrolled in any course since June 2015, so basically i guess im out of status right now. I am originally from Hong Kong.

We are going to apply for common law spouse outland application. I can do it while im in Canada is that right? or do you guys suggest me to leave Canada and come back in as a visitor? and since im actually residing in Vancouver, for my address, is that ok to put my canada address even its for outland application?
and for my status right now, do i still put student or i should check visitor. Last time i came in at the border from the US was as a student.

and for the application package, is this the "Spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada" for outland application? do i send the application to Hong Kong office or to the mississauga office and they will send to Hong Kong for processing?

thank you so much for spending your time to answer my questions, im kind of lost and i dnt know much about outland application.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can apply outland while still living in Canada. You can stay here on your student visa, though you are technically out of status because you are not in school. You could also leave, then come back in as a visitor. I would suggest that if you do this, you wait a bit before trying to come back. I'll let others weigh in on which would be the best route.

You can put your Canadian address as your residential address. Lots of outland applicants do that if they are in Canada as a visitor when they apply.

The application package you mentioned is the correct one for outland. You send everything to Mississauga. They will then send it to the Hong Kong office.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.your best option would be to leave Canada and apply for outland then come back Canada after.

2. you are not student or visitor. you are illegally staying in Canada now.
you can apply for restoration of status or temporary resident visa.

if it is rejected, you would be ordered to leave Canada.