+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicants allowed to be in Canada when passport requested?

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Hiya,
another question, sorry if this one's been covered before but I don't find it with the search function.

My spouse plans to visit me in Canada around the time when we hope the PPR will come through. Can he courier his passport from Canada over to the Berlin office, ask them to mail it back to Canada, and then do one of those US border landings by car? There is nothing that says he has to go back to Europe in order to get the visa put in his passport is there? Are we allowed to put a Canadian address for him in his file so that they courier the passport to him there? Or will that somehow be in violation of the whole "outland" concept?

Also, how do you get them to use email to contact you? I don't remember if that was on the forms, my head was swimming by the end of all of them... It seems like the best way to go, especially if we are back and forth a little bit, would prefer to get the PPR and any other important requests for additional docs, etc. as soon as possible.

Thanks, cheers,
TLH

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He's allowed to be in Canada while applying outland. You can update with CIC that his mailing address has changed and is now your address until otherwise noted. You should call CIC and ask them how best to update his address as well as the email. I believe you can do it online.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Outland diplomatic posts do not receive address changes submitted online, so he will also have to contact Berlin directly to let them know.

Most diplomatic posts will not send passports out of their jurisdiction, so make sure you contact Berlin to see if they will send it to Canada or not.