+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OUTBOUND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP Rec'd Jan 31 2017: How is it going?

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
My wife (PA) has been requested Schedule A (which was uploaded, but requested again which we did so yesterday evening), requested Police Certifictes (already received Swedish and are awaiting Dutch) and also requested medical (which will be done on the 20th).

Still no SA email for me (Sponsor)...

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
majesty said:
Hi,

Thanks for posting this. I also am on a similar timeline as you. Here is my info:

We sent our app via Purolator also. Just for info sake, I paid just under $24 for overnight delivery from Calgary, and my app was over 100 pages long, as I have been in a relationship with my common-law partner for almost 5 years.

The package was sent out Jan. 24 and received Jan. 25 by CPC-M.

Feb. 22 2017 Application was linked to myCIC account. (I had been trying to link the app everyday since Feb. 8; pretty sure they had just opened up my file that day as I had called the IRCC help line 2 days prior and they told me that my receipt number had not been entered into their system and so they had no record of my app)

Feb. 23 2017 AOR1 was sent to my partner's email account, even though it was my account that the app was linked to (??)
Application/profile details

Application profile/status : Open
Review of eligibility : Not Started
Review of medical results : Passed
Review of submitted documents : blank
Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time
A background check is needed : In Progress
Final decision : Not started

This is our status now and has remained like this since Feb. 22 when I linked the account.

Tonight my partner set up an account and linked the application to his account. Apparently, after he did that, I got a message in my account that another account was linked to the application. At this point, I lost the ability to check status and messages. I think that the newly linked account now is the one that has the ability to be able to check status and messages. Just something I noticed.

Hi there how is it going? Any further contacts with CIC? Schedule A/PCC?

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
rania.aiss said:
Hey,
My application was received on Jan 24, 2017 (old version).
I received an email from the Canadian ambasy in Paris asking for a copy of renewed passport, RPRF & to fill up the IM 5562. So what does that mean??
How is it going? Did cic make contact again?

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Db1980 said:
Hi,

I (Sponsor) received a confirmation email (which I'm assuming is AOR1) that our application was received on Feb 3. Email was sent to me on Feb 25 and application was linked to my wife's (PA's) account on Feb 27. Although, in her account it DOES NOT mention anything about a request for Schedule A or Police check to be uploaded.

Should we be concerned?
How is it going? Any further contacts with CIC?

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
Hi,

See timeline below...

Just this evening received confirmation our application has been transferred to Ottawa

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Db1980 said:
Hi,

See timeline below...

Just this evening received confirmation our application has been transferred to Ottawa
Wow, you're smooth sailing
What's the stats in GCKEY account? Have they started background check yet?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
rcspousalsponsorship said:
Hi there how is it going? Any further contacts with CIC? Schedule A/PCC?
Well, it's not really going at this point. We have been stuck in the same place for 6.5 weeks. We submitted schedule A on mar 14 and are still waiting for some movement of our file at the Visa Office in Mexico. Some other members who also have their applications being processed there tell me that on average, I should expect to wait 60 to 70 days after file transfer before they might ask for documents (probably PCC) since my partner's medicals won't expire until the end of July. My partner is going to try to get his fingerprints done now and submit them to obtain the RCMP police report before hand, since he won't be able to do them in the next 2 months due to being away for a work project.

I already talked to IRCC call centre agent and they of course can't tell me anything (they could only tell me that on Mar 23 the VO sent us an email saying the they received our Schedule A but our file was still in transit then). I emailed the VO also, but they don't reply to you unless it's in response to an email (for a request of documents).

So now I continue playing the waiting game. :(

Any news on your end?

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
majesty said:
Well, it's not really going at this point. We have been stuck in the same place for 6.5 weeks. We submitted schedule A on mar 14 and are still waiting for some movement of our file at the Visa Office in Mexico. Some other members who also have their applications being processed there tell me that on average, I should expect to wait 60 to 70 days after file transfer before they might ask for documents (probably PCC) since my partner's medicals won't expire until the end of July. My partner is going to try to get his fingerprints done now and submit them to obtain the RCMP police report before hand, since he won't be able to do them in the next 2 months due to being away for a work project.

I already talked to IRCC call centre agent and they of course can't tell me anything (they could only tell me that on Mar 23 the VO sent us an email saying the they received our Schedule A but our file was still in transit then). I emailed the VO also, but they don't reply to you unless it's in response to an email (for a request of documents).

So now I continue playing the waiting game. :(

Any news on your end?
It's definitely a waiting game but it sucks, seeing people that applied after us getting all the requests already. Even at our visa office, other March applicants getting medical request etc. And we're here waiting . When we received SA and linked account, pcc and schedule A request was waiting. So that has been submitted just over 2 months now and still no medical request. We also got 2 emails with 2 different dates for file being forwarded/transfered to visa office, March 2 and April 3. There is absolutely no consistency to cic process. We feeling like lab rats with this new process. Still hoping for approval by the summer.