+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status

Jan 10, 2013
Please help me! I am here in Canada as a foreign worker, my work permit expires last October 5, 2012 and my employer's consultancy who process my papers extend my work permit on the 3rd of October 2012 and paid for 600$, suddenly without expectation my extension was been refused by the immigration because of INVALID LMO and no confirmation from the employer. I received the refusal letter from the Immigration last December 21st 2012, it was so frustrating and I am so down and depressed and do not know what to do and where to seek advices. Even though my employer consultant extend my work permit and been refused it will start counting on the date where my work permit expires, so my 90days will lapse on Jan. 5th 2013, I had a new Employer with a new LMO and they submitted online on Jan. 4th but it was return back and states "I am out of status and cannot apply for restoration and need to leave Canada immediately, I don't receive yet a letter from the Immigration since we do it online, what will I do? Since my 90days lapsed Last Jan. 5th, I ask my employer to book me a ticket as soon as possible so that I will not over stay in Canada and can go back here,until now they keep saying that it will be process before they can give me my plane ticket, I am still waiting until for the ticket until now and its already 10th of January, I am afraid that I will over stay and cant go back? what will I do?

PLEASE GIVE ME HELP..I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I AM REALLY CONFUSED AND WORRIED SO MUCH.

Jan 10, 2013
williamerediano said:
Please help me! I am here in Canada as a foreign worker, my work permit expires last October 5, 2012 and my employer's consultancy who process my papers extend my work permit on the 3rd of October 2012 and paid for 600$, suddenly without expectation my extension was been refused by the immigration because of INVALID LMO and no confirmation from the employer. I received the refusal letter from the Immigration last December 21st 2012, it was so frustrating and I am so down and depressed and do not know what to do and where to seek advices. Even though my employer consultant extend my work permit and been refused it will start counting on the date where my work permit expires, so my 90days will lapse on Jan. 5th 2013, I had a new Employer with a new LMO and they submitted online on Jan. 4th but it was return back and states "I am out of status and cannot apply for restoration and need to leave Canada immediately, I don't receive yet a letter from the Immigration since we do it online, what will I do? Since my 90days lapsed Last Jan. 5th, I ask my employer to book me a ticket as soon as possible so that I will not over stay in Canada and can go back here,until now they keep saying that it will be process before they can give me my plane ticket, I am still waiting until for the ticket until now and its already 10th of January, I am afraid that I will over stay and cant go back? what will I do?

PLEASE GIVE ME HELP..I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I AM REALLY CONFUSED AND WORRIED SO MUCH.

Fellow PINOYS please give me HELP!!!

out

Jun 23, 2012
my impression is, maybe you can make an explanation letter for the cic that you don't intend to overstay but you are just waiting for the plane ticket your former employer is telling they will issue. from there you are reporting to the cic that you are in good faith...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This may not help as it is already past but:
So when you applied for extension initially - it was refused right?
On the 2nd application did you apply for an extension or did you apply for a NEW WP?

The refusal letter usually states "90 days" from receipt of the refusal letter - so you had 90 days from the time the first refusal was sent until the time you had to absolutely leave Canada. Unfortunately your consultancy does not know that much IMHO and dilly-dallied on the action. You should have applied via mail ahead of time, even 2 weeks before Jan 5 - upon receipt of the physical application package at Vegreville -you fall under implied status. Your tracking receipt is proof that CIC Vegreville received the application. Your implied status at that time means you can stay in Canada until you get a decision - but you do not have implied status to work. It saves you the hassle of having to leave the country and come back again.

williamerediano said:

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's never a good idea to cut it so close before renewing your status documents. Like the last poster, the consultancy has no clue. It costs $150 to apply for extension of a work permit, what was the other $450 for?

What does "Invalid LMO" mean? A fraudulent/fake LMO? An Expired LMO? Or they did not submit an LMO?

If you still want to stay in Canada, seek advice from experience immigration lawyer(not consultant) and find out whether you may be eligible to apply for a temporary resident permit. It is very difficult to get one but you never know.

If that fails, do all you can to leave Canada within the timeframe specified by CIC even if you have to pay for it yourself. If you don't, it could become a deportation order and possibly lead to a ban from Canada.