+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of Canada for Work

frost

Feb 15, 2009
HI, Once you became residence I know you have to stay for at least two years within a five-year period.
But if you have been sent by our company to work for some time to others Countries how to manage that. Can I present in some place some justifications in order to apply faster to citenziship. I would appreciate some senior advice on this.

Thank you very much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

frost said:
HI, Once you became residence I know you have to stay for at least two years within a five-year period.
But if you have been sent by our company to work for some time to others Countries how to manage that. Can I present in some place some justifications in order to apply faster to citenziship. I would appreciate some senior advice on this.

Thank you very much
1. If it is a Canadian company, and they transfer you to an overseas operation, then the time will count towards PR residency obligations.
2. Though the company has to meet these qualifications;

6.2. Canadian business
The definition applies to both large and small businesses, and includes:
• federally or provincially incorporated businesses that have an ongoing operation in Canada;
• other enterprises that have an ongoing operation in Canada, are capable of generating
revenue, are carried out in anticipation of profit and in which a majority of voting or ownership
interests are held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents or Canadian businesses; and
• enterprises that have been created by the laws of Canada or a province.
Note: The definition does not include businesses that have been created primarily to allow a permanent
resident to satisfy their residency obligation while residing outside Canada

3. Time doesn't count towards citizenship.

PMM