+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My wife's English is limited and she needs to understand the question when asked before its asked.
When she lands in Canada and I'm not sure where she will land first yet. She will have a short interview with immigrations Canada.
I already told here that she has to know her address by heart. Does any one else know what type of question they ask? This week I will call the Quebec government and ask if she needs to present the Quebec Selection Certificate at the point of entry in Canada.

eternalworld

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
June 27 2013
File Transfer...
July 24 2013
Med's Request
May 27 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
No interview(not even a single letter about it)
Passport Req..
May 27 2014 /Submitted July16/ Status: "Decision Made" August 28 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
19-10-2014 [color=green]Completed[/color]
Canadianfirst said:
My wife's English is limited and she needs to understand the question when asked before its asked.
When she lands in Canada and I'm not sure where she will land first yet. She will have a short interview with immigrations Canada.
I already told here that she has to know her address by heart. Does any one else know what type of question they ask? This week I will call the Quebec government and ask if she needs to present the Quebec Selection Certificate at the point of entry in Canada.

My wife landed on Oct 19 2014 and I was traveling with her.

the Officer only asked her 2 questions....."have you had any issue with the police back home?" "This is your first time to Canada?"

we landed at night around 9PM so the Officer was a little bit sleepy(yawning) so he asked only 2 questions.
we got lucky....but don't take my words for it so try to study with your wife as much as possible.

:D :D :D

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
bad news. today my wife received a letter saying she is on the interview list and will have to wait approximately 24 months for the interview. included with the interview letter were the pictures and proofs that we sent. i guess there's no point in sending in more proof to change the vo's mind. any advice anybody?

i already ordered my second set of gcms notes last month and should receive them any day now. we'll see what they had to say.

M

mikeymyke

Really sorry about your interview alex, do you guys have any red flags that you can think of?

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
yeah, there are red flags. there's an age difference of 12 years and my parents and siblings did not come to the wedding. my dad and my sisters wanted to come, but i told them to stay back to deal with family issues that were to be taken care of. also, my wife sent in a not very thorough and short answers to the questionnaires and without the original vietnamese copies (she just sent me the translated english answers to the questionnaire).

those are the 3 things i can think of that the vo would see as being problematic.

how do you send in more proof or explanations if the application has been seen and decided upon already? proof being the relationship is still on going after the application was sent and filed. or it doesn't matter anymore?

i really thought i sent them a strong case with as much evidence as i could to prove that the relationship was genuine. i guess the red flags cancelled out the proofs.

M

mikeymyke

I've heard of people being able to avert the interview by submitting extra proofs, but they sent the proofs before they got their interview letter. I think there's a bit of time from when the officer decides an interview is needed and when the interview letter is sent out, and its during this time period that's your chance to avoid the interview.

I'm afraid yes, now that you got the letter, submitting extra proofs won't do any good, so you'll just have to save up all your proofs for the interview. The good news is that during the 2 years you're waiting, at least you will have lots of relationship evidence during this time.

You mentioned your wife gave very brief answers to the questions on the forms, did you review her application forms before submitting? Or did you only find this out recently?

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
yeah, i also read that it's possible to avert the interview by sending in more that helps with the vo's concerns. i ordered my gcms notes in october and received them at the beginning of november but it didn't say anything so they hadn't opened up my application yet, and then a few days later i ordered my second gcms notes and i'm suppose to get them this week but it's too late now.

mikeymyke said:
You mentioned your wife gave very brief answers to the questions on the forms, did you review her application forms before submitting? Or did you only find this out recently?
i did review her application but i thought what i had written out would be sufficient for the both of us because mine explained more in detail about how our relationship evolved and how it continues. i thought what she wrote in vietnamese translated to english was more short but it was to the point so i thought it was enough. i guess i should have asked her to write more.

i really don't know. i'm sorta in disbelief because i was confident that we'd be approved and we would simply go through the final steps. it didn't even cross my mind that we would get an interview letter. now that we have received one, i feel for others who have also gotten the interview. it sucks that you have to put everything on hold for 24 months and even after that, after the interview, there's still no guarantee of being approved.

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
alex1234p said:
yeah, i also read that it's possible to avert the interview by sending in more that helps with the vo's concerns. i ordered my gcms notes in october and received them at the beginning of november but it didn't say anything so they hadn't opened up my application yet, and then a few days later i ordered my second gcms notes and i'm suppose to get them this week but it's too late now.

i did review her application but i thought what i had written out would be sufficient for the both of us because mine explained more in detail about how our relationship evolved and how it continues. i thought what she wrote in vietnamese translated to english was more short but it was to the point so i thought it was enough. i guess i should have asked her to write more.

i really don't know. i'm sorta in disbelief because i was confident that we'd be approved and we would simply go through the final steps. it didn't even cross my mind that we would get an interview letter. now that we have received one, i feel for others who have also gotten the interview. it sucks that you have to put everything on hold for 24 months and even after that, after the interview, there's still no guarantee of being approved.
I am very sad for this news. Indeed 24 months is really long and new challenges will come to maintain your long distance relationship.

From my own experience, I would now suggest you to prepare your wife to come and live in Canada. This is a very big change for someone to live in completely new place, food and most of all people relationship. I Would send each month 250$ by western union with a receipt to your wife and keep those receipts because VO will ask for them in your interview as well as send letters instead of emails they will also ask for them

I also would recommend you to visit her at least 1 time per year and maybe more so you can "have a relationship near each other" (keep all airplanes purchases receipt and mostly make sure that your VISA entry stamp is clear in passport because VO will ask for them.

Take this long waiting time to know better vietnam and prepare slowly her arrival with plans like how to get Social Insurance Number, Medical Insurance stuff like that. (your wife will see that you are good husband and she will love you more) :)

Wish you strength and a lot of luck! Hang on

M

mikeymyke

Yeah I feel really sorry for you guys who get interview. I think it's absolutely disgusting to make anyone wait 2 years just for an interview, and not even having the wait time count towards the processing time. So someone who gets an interview could potentially wait 3-4 years total just to get the visa. There's no visa office in the world that has such a long interview wait time.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
alex1234p said:

Hey alex1234p,

Don't second guess what you did or didn't add into your application to avoid the interview. It will do nothing but get you all upset and add misery to your life. The delay on my own application has certainly done that to me.

Remember the shooting at the parliament building in Ottawa a few weeks back? I just wish the shooting were a result of a very upset permanent resident applicant. It would have definitely changed the attitude and landscape of immigration policy in parliament and send a clear message to those clowns working there. These clowns in Ottawa have no idea what the delay is doing to people's lives. The financial burden is one, compound by the stress put on the long distance relationship can really takes its toll. So just hang on for the ride, you'll make it though this. :eek: ;D

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
thanks guys for your support and advice. 2 years is definitely a long time to wait for an interview. anybody know if going to see an immigration consultant or lawyer might help over turn the interview or speed up the process for the interview?

i was told that sometimes it's just the luck of the draw with the applications depending on which vo reads your file. one visa officer can see a strong case and another can see something different. i don't know if that's true.

but Vietnam2013 is right, i gotta stop thinking about what what more i could have done to prevent the interview. my dad says i should have let the immigration consultant here in town handle my application and maybe i would avoided the interview because they are professionals and can stamp their approval on the papers. i don't know.

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 24, 2014; submitted Dec 2, 2014; DM Dec 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
alex1234p said:
thanks guys for your support and advice. 2 years is definitely a long time to wait for an interview. anybody know if going to see an immigration consultant or lawyer might help over turn the interview or speed up the process for the interview?

i was told that sometimes it's just the luck of the draw with the applications depending on which vo reads your file. one visa officer can see a strong case and another can see something different. i don't know if that's true.

but Vietnam2013 is right, i gotta stop thinking about what what more i could have done to prevent the interview. my dad says i should have let the immigration consultant here in town handle my application and maybe i would avoided the interview because they are professionals and can stamp their approval on the papers. i don't know.
Yeah it does really sound like luck of the draw depending on how the VO perceives your application. In my case for instance, we had a couple of red flags (we married only a year after meeting and theres a 14 year age difference) but we still had our interview waived... of course us having a baby probably solidified our relationship in the VO's eyes.

Good luck with your wait and interview.

hoahager

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
05-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
27-11-2014
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Hi!!!!
I'm coming back again with goods news. I got interview on 27 Nov, got email for remedical examination on 5 Dec just after 8 days since interview. It's one week already and i'm waiting for pp request from them.

For someone who got interview letter, do not worry! They will call for interview soon, not 24 months. I think 24 months since application date so you should order GCMS to know what they concern and well prepare.

This is my timeline:
File in Miss: 11/2012
File in Sing VO: 12/2012
Interview list: 25/2/2014
Interview date: 27/11/2014
ECAS change to IP: 3/12/2014
Got mail remedical: 5/12/2014
Remedical: 8/12/2014
Waiting for pp request now.

Good luck friends!

tunglete

Jul 8, 2013
Wow, Iam kinda lost with Singapore office. My wife got interview on Nov 10, ECAS changed to "in process" on Nov 27. till now we have noticed nothing yet. It has been 6 weeks now, should I contact them for the reason?

hoahager said:
Hi!!!!
I'm coming back again with goods news. I got interview on 27 Nov, got email for remedical examination on 5 Dec just after 8 days since interview. It's one week already and i'm waiting for pp request from them.

For someone who got interview letter, do not worry! They will call for interview soon, not 24 months. I think 24 months since application date so you should order GCMS to know what they concern and well prepare.

This is my timeline:
File in Miss: 11/2012
File in Sing VO: 12/2012
Interview list: 25/2/2014
Interview date: 27/11/2014
ECAS change to IP: 3/12/2014
Got mail remedical: 5/12/2014
Remedical: 8/12/2014
Waiting for pp request now.

Good luck friends!

tuoicao

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
07-2013
AOR Received.
03-10-2012 sencond time March 3 2016
Med's Request
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-2012 second time 28-03-2016
Interview........
12-01-2015//ADR jan 28 2016 WON!!
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016!! Passport received 23-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-29-2016
my husband has an interview mid january i also came back to vietnam to go with him anyone that went to the interview have any pointers??