+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

M

mikeymyke

Thanks a lot Ontario. I think during our application's processing, I will order GCMS once a month, why not its only $5, so that I will know everything that's going on.

Ontario2014

Feb 27, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Thanks a lot Ontario. I think during our application's processing, I will order GCMS once a month, why not its only $5, so that I will know everything that's going on.
Anytime man ... Good Luck with your case ... I am sure if you have all the documentation requires and meet their concern; they will put its In Progress within a year ...

M

mikeymyke

Thanks a lot again. Read my super long post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.600.html

I think I put together a very solid package. However we both are a little worried about one thing. Even though for a long time, we didn't want to attempt a TRV because we were afraid a refusal would set us back a bit, we knew the processing time was going to be long, so we both decided to give the TRV a try, starting in July. However, we are concerned because on our application that we just sent out, we checked off that she has not ever been refused a TRV or has ever attempted to enter Canada. But surely enough, if she is refused a TRV this July, but our application is sent out, we don't know if we should just send them a letter to update our forms because my wife was refused a TRV, or just lay low and hope for the best.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
You don't need to order every month as they will not even look at it until the 6th-7th month. Once the initial assessment is done there will be notes from the VO.

Ontario2014

Feb 27, 2014
Dragoon said:
You don't need to order every month as they will not even look at it until the 6th-7th month. Once the initial assessment is done there will be notes from the VO.
Agreed with Dragoon .. I think order one time to update their concern and one more time if after a few months and it is still same status ... you don't need to order the note every month ...

M

mikeymyke

Hey Ontario, when you want to send in extra proof, is it possible to email them scanned copies instead of mailing the physical copies?

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
hi everyone. thanks to mikeymyke and thanh245 for their help. i just got married and now back in canada and i think i have all the documents from vietnam i need to start my application now.

is it better to go to a immigration consultant and let them handle all the paperwork and have them send everything or should i do it myself? it seems very comprehensive and maybe over my head.

thanh245

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2014
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Request
March 24-2014
Med's Done....
April 4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st,2014-sent may 9.Decision made June 12
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
Immigration consultant can be pricey and they cannot guarantee you with any results. The whole application is a lot of work to do I must admit. I did everything myself, it took a while though. Be patient and do you research thoroughly. Any questions you can ask people in these forums. A lot of people have knowledge and experience to guide you. Consultants will price you from $1000 and up, and no guarantee you anything. That's why I decided to do on my own. Goodluck.

M

mikeymyke

alex1234p said:
hi everyone. thanks to mikeymyke and thanh245 for their help. i just got married and now back in canada and i think i have all the documents from vietnam i need to start my application now.

is it better to go to a immigration consultant and let them handle all the paperwork and have them send everything or should i do it myself? it seems very comprehensive and maybe over my head.
Hey no problem alex. I would not recommend going to a consultant, all the instructions you need are on the CIC website, Guides 3900 and 3999. It is a lot of work, but if you just commit yourself an hour a day to do it, you'll be ready to send in a month or two. We're here to help if you want tips as to what docs we sent and stuff. I don't like going to a consultant because who knows if he/she misses a document or something else, at least when you're doing it, you're in full control.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
alex1234p said:

Alex,

I think putting together Ikea furniture is a lot harder. :eek:

The sponsorship application instruction is not that much harder if you spend a bit of time on it. If you can read and spell your wife's name correctly, you'll be fine.
As mention by other posters here, you'll have plenty of people with near consultant experience to walk you through most of the paper work. If you familiarized yourself through the paper work process, you'll be better off answering any questions CIC may have for you, should they arise in the future. If paper work had to be pass through many stages of government people in the Vietnam, then PAY the consultant. Your're in Cananda, consultants and lawyers will only be needed when you can’t process and interpret the rule of law further on your appliction. That’s when you really want to pay them for their expertise and advise.

Ontario2014

Feb 27, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey no problem alex. I would not recommend going to a consultant, all the instructions you need are on the CIC website, Guides 3900 and 3999. It is a lot of work, but if you just commit yourself an hour a day to do it, you'll be ready to send in a month or two. We're here to help if you want tips as to what docs we sent and stuff. I don't like going to a consultant because who knows if he/she misses a document or something else, at least when you're doing it, you're in full control.
For my case, I think using an immigration lawyer as your representative will stronger your case. When order the notes, it also said in there that using a lawyer as representative is a strong pull factor. If you use a lawyer, make sure you review it at least 10 times before send it and make sure all the statement about the relationship have strong evident to proofs it. I also told my lawyer to make a table of relationship timeline as a table of content from the day I met up to the day I file the application.

dnguy014

Mar 7, 2013
If you can afford a lawyer, go for it.

For those who are nearing the end of the process. Once your spouse arrives, the custom officer will say that the PR will be sent to your address and should receive it at the latest 2 months. I found out the hard way today that they forgot to send it had I not called them to inquire about it.

Because of this our pre-paid vacation plans are out the window as she cannot re-enter Canada if she leaves. $10k out the window :(

M

mikeymyke

mikeymyke said:
Hey Ontario, when you want to send in extra proof, is it possible to email them scanned copies instead of mailing the physical copies?
Hey Ontario, can you answer this question please? :)

Ontario2014

Feb 27, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey Ontario, can you answer this question please? :)
Hey Mikey .. My lawyer send a register mail to the CIC address in Singapore ... I dont think there is any limit of how much you can send ...but just make sure that you answers their concern ... No More, No Less ... on my case, they only concern about that issue so I explain that issue only ...

M

mikeymyke

No I meant, is it possible to email scanned copies? I didn't ask what method you sent. I just ask if it's possible?