+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ohhh wow. I hope it will be the best for both of us. I feel your pain man.

M

mikeymyke

Even though I feel I have a pretty good PR application with my wife, who's from Saigon, I really feel sad when i see some of you guys wait 2-3 years. My wife and I plan to start a family, and we both made an agreement if she cannot arrive more than a year after the application passes stage 1, we will try to get pregnant in Vietnam. Of course, to prepare for a possible re-medical (which can't be done while pregnant), we're going to get the re-med done before getting pregnant.

Right now, I'm doing my best to prepare the best possible application. 300+ pics, many many pics of my family on trips with her, many pics of me eating out with her family, many pics of my family eating with her family, lots of pics of the wedding, morning + evening. We even have pre-wedding photo studio shots that we are including. We both have only 3 year age difference, have a common language, both university educated, etc. My ENTIRE family attended the wedding, as did hers. Even my aunt and mother's caretaker came to the wedding from Canada! We waited 1 year after proposal to get married, so we didn't rush anything. Also, she has lived in the US for a year as a student.

I feel it's a good case, but I always worry about the dreaded possible interview list, which causes a year delay.

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
canadavietnam said:
From my own experience:

-Wait until they ask for any documents (In my second interview letter they did ask to check the following documents: Police version 2) Medical will only be asked if you pass the interview

- In my case, they did tell that interview "is passed" on the spot and that next step is re-medical

- In my case, Once interview done, be prepared to wait 8 weeks (2 months including re-medical + passport request ) before she gets the VISA in her passport

Hope this info will help you prepare mentally

Hi Canadavietnam thank-you so much for quick reply my wife's interview is coming up really soon here March 3, I was wondering what she should bring to the interview?
Pictures recipient? What else you think? .. Thanks in advance I will keep you posted Com on Anh...

canadavietnam

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2010
AOR Received.
Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Feb-2011
Med's Request
Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 [color=red][b]IN PROCESS[/b][/color]
Interview........
July-2013
Passport Req..
Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013 [color=blue][b]DECISION MADE[/b][/color]
LANDED..........
Oct-2013 [color=green][b]COMPLETE[/b][/color]
xjaex250 said:
Hi Canadavietnam thank-you so much for quick reply my wife's interview is coming up really soon here March 3, I was wondering what she should bring to the interview?
Pictures recipient? What else you think? .. Thanks in advance I will keep you posted Com on Anh...
Documents required are all listed in your wife's interview scheduled letter.

The interview letter contains two sections:
- first section is all translated documents related to Updated application forms like Schedule A (imm5669E), Police, ID and House book and so on.
- Second section are all proofs like pictures (wedding), letters, financial support, phone bills, etc.

I recommend your wife to be prepared to explain the dates of each proof's items, the why missing proofs if applicable and to give a reason if your wife cannot answer a question "I cannot answer because [reason]" and finally tell her to be relaxed and simply be honest on everything.

At the interview waiting seats she will see people coming out crying (assuming they were denied). Tell her to not be affected by that

dnguy014

Mar 7, 2013
mikeymyke said:
Even though I feel I have a pretty good PR application with my wife, who's from Saigon, I really feel sad when i see some of you guys wait 2-3 years. My wife and I plan to start a family, and we both made an agreement if she cannot arrive more than a year after the application passes stage 1, we will try to get pregnant in Vietnam. Of course, to prepare for a possible re-medical (which can't be done while pregnant), we're going to get the re-med done before getting pregnant.

Right now, I'm doing my best to prepare the best possible application. 300+ pics, many many pics of my family on trips with her, many pics of me eating out with her family, many pics of my family eating with her family, lots of pics of the wedding, morning + evening. We even have pre-wedding photo studio shots that we are including. We both have only 3 year age difference, have a common language, both university educated, etc. My ENTIRE family attended the wedding, as did hers. Even my aunt and mother's caretaker came to the wedding from Canada! We waited 1 year after proposal to get married, so we didn't rush anything. Also, she has lived in the US for a year as a student.

I feel it's a good case, but I always worry about the dreaded possible interview list, which causes a year delay.
Where do you work, what do you do, and what's your salary? These comes into play..

xjaex250

Jun 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 9 2014
Interview........
March 3 2014
canadavietnam said:
Documents required are all listed in your wife's interview scheduled letter.

The interview letter contains two sections:
- first section is all translated documents related to Updated application forms like Schedule A (imm5669E), Police, ID and House book and so on.
- Second section are all proofs like pictures (wedding), letters, financial support, phone bills, etc.

I recommend your wife to be prepared to explain the dates of each proof's items, the why missing proofs if applicable and to give a reason if your wife cannot answer a question "I cannot answer because [reason]" and finally tell her to be relaxed and simply be honest on everything.

At the interview waiting seats she will see people coming out crying (assuming they were denied). Tell her to not be affected by that

Thank you for heads up I will definitely keep you posted on the upcoming news, me and my wife been waiting so long to be together. I was there last in Jan-July I stayed for about 6 months and during that time we took a lot of Pictures all places we went more than I can count,how many pictures you say bring lol, Hotel,Wedding,
Ceremony/Resort/Flight/Bus receipts money I sent presents ext, We traveled all the way up North Vietnam from Saigon,Vinh long,Can tho Airport to Hanoi,Halong bay,Cat Ba/Monkey Island,Ninh Binh,Trang An,Hue,Danang,Hoi An then back to Saigon to Vinh long after the 1month later I took her and her family to Dalat,Mui Ne also then we stay the rest of our time in Vinh Long where my wife is from and from there we went Ben Tre,My Tho,Rach Gia Just though I give you some info on my history, I been back every year since 2010 until now, my dad is in Vietnam Visiting and planning on waiting for my wife coming home with too..Thanks agian

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
lol you will be fine. 6 months with your wife shows a lot of dedication, time and love.

I think you will get through with no red flags. Nothing that I can see anyway.

On a side note the IOM medical clinic in Hanoi now sends results electronically and takes about 7 days. My wife just did re-meds yesterday.

Kbean

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
12-02-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st:18-06-2012 2nd:20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 15th, 2014, PP sent April 2nd, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 2nd, 2014, Decision Made May 5th, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed
mikeymyke said:

Congrats on your wedding and good luck with your application:)

thanh245

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2014
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Request
March 24-2014
Med's Done....
April 4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st,2014-sent may 9.Decision made June 12
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
hey anyone got the link to the singapore spreadsheets?
my wife's PR application was recieved in nov 2012. heard nothing so far. this is taking so long! going back to vietnam to visit my wife in 2 days. 4 trips to VIetnam since our wedding. I dont understand why PR process is taking so long. Im so frustrated waiting for this game to end.

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
You probably want to head over to the Singapore thread to find the spreadsheet.

QPH

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Dragoon,

Im preparing proof of contact for my interview, what and how much did you do for your interview? do they really look at them....

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
I believe in the letter they just want everything within one year of the interview, so I printed all my phone logs and other proof from November 2013 back to 2012. For chats I just did some samples from beginning of each month, because otherwise it would be like a book lol.

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update.

Dragoon, after sending Singapore an email request for an update, they have got back to me saying that my wife's passport was sent to IOM in Viet Nam Feb 6th along with her confirmation of permanent residence form. I think it's just a matter of time before IOM contact my wife to pick up her passport with her visa.

I do have a question in regards to my daughter Canadian passport. From what I heard and know, you can either do a permanent Canadian passport for your daughter in VN (just extra fees) OR you can do a temporary passport for her and then once in Canada we will need to redo her a permanent one. Has anyone experienced this and what is the best way to go about? The temporary one they told me cost $230 USD (2 weeks) and the permanent one cost $100 USD (1 month).

Dragoon

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-APR-2011
Doc's Request.
17-JAN-2014
File Transfer...
07-MAY-2011
Med's Request
17-JAN-2014
Med's Done....
22-JAN-2014
Interview........
28-NOV-2013
Passport Req..
02-MAY-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
04-JUL-2014
If you can wait one month you should do the permanent, why waste money? ;p

trungngo13

Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I definitely agreed, but just wanted to hear what others have done in the past.