08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hi Canadianfirst,

Can you share your timeline with us? I am also going to Ho Chi Minh in this September, this is my 7 trips since we got married. You are right this Immigration process take forever. :mad:

hope2012

May 15, 2012
Bold9900 said:
Hi Canadianfirst,

Can you share your timeline with us? I am also going to Ho Chi Minh in this September, this is my 7 trips since we got married. You are right this Immigration process take forever. :mad:
Bold9900: I submitted my sponsorship application almost at the same time as you did. File transfer is one day after yours: 11-08-2011; and the status is now still "Application Received" as it is forever. I am not sure if they have opened our files at all when they forwarded to that office.

Stevent: Congratulations on your coming reunion! Wish you have a good trip in Vietnam too. It's really hot and humid there in August as it says "Nang thang tam, ram trai bong." I have contacted my MP for help. What she can do is to make inquiries for my wife's application status. Is that what your MP did you for you?

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Bold9900: I submitted my sponsorship application almost at the same time as you did. File transfer is one day after yours: 11-08-2011; and the status is now still "Application Received" as it is forever. I am not sure if they have opened our files at all when they forwarded to that office.

Stevent: Congratulations on your coming reunion! Wish you have a good trip in Vietnam too. It's really hot and humid there in August as it says "Nang thang tam, ram trai bong." I have contacted my MP for help. What she can do is to make inquiries for my wife's application status. Is that what your MP did you for you?
Hi Hope2012,
Your quote is in Vietnamese. Are you Viet?
My MP promised to make an inquiry into my wife's application but before he did I'd already received the information about my wife's interview being waived. Therefore, he did not help much with my case :)

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
Hi Hope2012,
Your quote is in Vietnamese. Are you Viet?
My MP promised to make an inquiry into my wife's application but before he did I'd already received the information about my wife's interview being waived. Therefore, he did not help much with my case :)
Hi Stevent,

Yes, I am a Vietnamese. Are you a Vietnamese too?

You're lucky to have your file opened before your MP started making the request for your wife's application status. I sent several emails to Singapore but received no reply but the acknowledgement of receiving emails. I don't trust the estimated processing time they post on their website. It's there to prevent people asking them question about their application status.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
@ Stevent,
Congratulations of your reunion!!! Your waiting has finally ended.

Please update us how is your landing process. Thanks in advance.:)

@ Hope2012,

I did contacted my MP, they told me I'm still too early because I am still within Singapore process time 21 months, but they will check for me again in this September.

FYI- Two weeks ago I logged in my wife file and I noticed her address in vietnam was not correct...but few days later and they have corrected to the correct address...I think they are working and check our spouse application...Good luck all of us who are still waiting.. 8)

hope2012

May 15, 2012
Bold9900 said:
@ Hope2012,

I did contacted my MP, they told me I'm still too early because I am still within Singapore process time 21 months, but they will check for me again in this September.

FYI- Two weeks ago I logged in my wife file and I noticed her address in vietnam was not correct...but few days later and they have corrected to the correct address...I think they are working and check our spouse application...Good luck all of us who are still waiting.. 8)
Hi Bold9900,

That's a good sign. Someone was accessing your file.

Though I still doubt that the (lone?) visa officer (not her/his secretary) really looks at our files, let's hope for the best.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Hi Stevent,

Yes, I am a Vietnamese. Are you a Vietnamese too?

You're lucky to have your file opened before your MP started making the request for your wife's application status. I sent several emails to Singapore but received no reply but the acknowledgement of receiving emails. I don't trust the estimated processing time they post on their website. It's there to prevent people asking them question about their application status.
Hi Hope,
I'm Vietnamese. What is your timeline? I know a few people who were put on the interview list since August 2011 have still been waiting. I believe the 21-month processing time is applicable to those who are being interviewed. Those whose interviews are waived will surely have a shorter processing time (approx. 9-12 months altogether).

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Bold9900 said:
@ Stevent,
Congratulations of your reunion!!! Your waiting has finally ended.

Please update us how is your landing process. Thanks in advance.:)
Bold9900,
I will surely update on the landing process for my wife in August.

Good luck to you all!

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
stevent said:
Hi Hope,
I'm Vietnamese. What is your timeline? I know a few people who were put on the interview list since August 2011 have still been waiting. I believe the 21-month processing time is applicable to those who are being interviewed. Those whose interviews are waived will surely have a shorter processing time (approx. 9-12 months altogether).
I'm not sure Steve, but I think it is the opposite.

On my wifes interview letter it states something along the lines of, 'because we were placed in an interview queue, our case falls outside of normal processing stardards'.

I'm pretty sure that the 21 months processing time listed means that 80% of all cases have been processed by this time.

I dont have the stats but just an example would be...

20% of all cases processed within 8 months,
40% of all cases (including the above) processed within 14 months,
60% of all cases (including the above) processed within 18 months,
80% of all cases (including the above) processed within 21 months...

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
Canadianfirst said:
Since it has been over a year that i have not seen my wife because this process takes for ever. I will have to go to Vietnam for a 3rd time. I was hoping to get my wife on a visitors visa to Canada but too complicated because of her son. So Saigon here I come. Since my wife is going to interview I think it will look much better if I make a more recent visit.
Have you heard anything of interview time yet? I havent. :(

I'm going back to see the wife (Cambodia) this November. :)

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
Hi Hope,
Hi Stevent
Here is my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 08-20-2011
File Transfer...: 11-08-2011
I have received only one email ever since regarding to the decision made on my application before the file transfer. How did they communicate with you? Via snail mail, email or both?

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Hi Stevent
Here is my timeline:
App. Filed.......: 08-20-2011
File Transfer...: 11-08-2011
I have received only one email ever since regarding to the decision made on my application before the file transfer. How did they communicate with you? Via snail mail, email or both?
Hi Hope,
Your file was transferred to Singapore 2 months after mine. The first email I received from Singapore VO was on April 12, 2012 to inform me that if my wife could manage to land in Canada on or before May 18, 2012 (the date her original med exam expired) so they could urgently prepare her visa and COPR. I replied that we could not manage because I wanted to travel to VN and pick her up. Singapore VO responded the next day that they would have to send her instructions by postal mail to do a re-med. After my wife received the re-med form in late May and did her re-med, I emailed Singapore again a week later to confirm and asked them if my wife could drop off her passport at IOM in HCM city. Singapore replied with a yes. My wife dropped off her passport on June 11, 2012 and received a phone call to pick up her returned passport with the Visa and COPR on July 13, 2012 (in approx. 5 weeks). During the 5-week wating for the returned passport, I emailed Singapore VO 2 times and they replied once with a message that my wife's visa was being prepared and would arrive at IOM in HCM city shortly and it actually did. So, altogether Singapore VO replied to me 4 times since April 12, 2012.
Talk to you later. Cheers!

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
stevent said:
Hi Hope,
Your file was transferred to Singapore 2 months after mine. The first email I received from Singapore VO was on April 12, 2012 to inform me that if my wife could manage to land in Canada on or before May 18, 2012 (the date her original med exam expired) so they could urgently prepare her visa and COPR. I replied that we could not manage because I wanted to travel to VN and pick her up. Singapore VO responded the next day that they would have to send her instructions by postal mail to do a re-med. After my wife received the re-med form in late May and did her re-med, I emailed Singapore again a week later to confirm and asked them if my wife could drop off her passport at IOM in HCM city. Singapore replied with a yes. My wife dropped off her passport on June 11, 2012 and received a phone call to pick up her returned passport with the Visa and COPR on July 13, 2012 (in approx. 5 weeks). During the 5-week wating for the returned passport, I emailed Singapore VO 2 times and they replied once with a message that my wife's visa was being prepared and would arrive at IOM in HCM city shortly and it actually did. So, altogether Singapore VO replied to me 4 times since April 12, 2012.
Talk to you later. Cheers!
Well its sounding like at least many applications are being done before the med expires. That gives me hope. I am assuming that since my file was just transfered to Singapore it will take another 6-9 months to see the process done.

My wife is ready to fly on her own (not that hard as we have been to a few other countries togeather) to Canada. Only tricky part will be making sure she finds her connecting flight alright but given that most airports have wifi and I can be available on skype/talkatone/viber to guide or translate for her if needed.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
RCVmini said:
Well its sounding like at least many applications are being done before the med expires. That gives me hope. I am assuming that since my file was just transfered to Singapore it will take another 6-9 months to see the process done.

My wife is ready to fly on her own (not that hard as we have been to a few other countries togeather) to Canada. Only tricky part will be making sure she finds her connecting flight alright but given that most airports have wifi and I can be available on skype/talkatone/viber to guide or translate for her if needed.
RCVmini, that's correct. My file was in process only 7 months after it was transferred to Singapore (Sep 2011 to Mar 2012). In my opinion, straightforward files that do not require an interview move very fast. I have a feeling that processing time increases in the summer.

My wife had traveled with me to Singapore, Thailand, Hongkong, and South Korea and she's very familiar with Hongkong airport and Cathay Pacific :) but I wanted to go back in August to keep her company for the long haul trip :). I also wanted to visit my family and friends who are still living in Vietnam as I do not have plan to visit Vietnam any time soon after this trip.
Cheers!

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
stevent said:
RCVmini, that's correct. My file was in process only 7 months after it was transferred to Singapore (Sep 2011 to Mar 2012). In my opinion, straightforward files that do not require an interview move very fast. I have a feeling that processing time increases in the summer.

My wife had traveled with me to Singapore, Thailand, Hongkong, and South Korea and she's very familiar with Hongkong airport and Cathay Pacific :) but I wanted to go back in August to travel with her to keep her company for a long haul trip :). I also wanted to visit my family and friends who are still living in Vietnam.
Cheers!
stevent - good to hear, we have been to Singapore and Thailand as well. We agreed that I will pick her up if it falls within the vacation time slots I can book at work otherwise she is happy to come right away and not have to wait.

I get back prety often anyways (about once every 4-6 months) so there is a chance the approvals will come within that time. I also have family back there, in fact that is how I met her. Her mom and my mom were friends back in school and I only happened to meet her because I was droping off a gift from my mom to her mom.

My wife and I were even born in the same hospital in Hanoi. Our parents didn't plan or push us to go out but my mom is sometimes a little too giddy that we happend to get along and get married.