Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

buzzsaw

Aug 26, 2011
just want to share my timeline.
im sponsoring wife from Hanoi.

"We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2011."

9 months later.....
"We started processing your application on March 7, 2012."

got request for passport and medical exm. on Apr 8, '12.
sent document to Sing.VO on May 17, '12

"Medical results have been received. "

stay tuned... i will post further progress

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
buzzsaw said:
just want to share my timeline.
im sponsoring wife from Hanoi.

"We received your application for permanent residence on June 6, 2011."

9 months later.....
"We started processing your application on March 7, 2012."

got request for passport and medical exm. on Apr 8, '12.
sent document to Sing.VO on May 17, '12

"Medical results have been received. "

stay tuned... i will post further progress
My timeline is one month behind yours. I'm sponsoring my wife from HCM City.

"We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2011."

10 months later:
"We started processing your application on April 12, 2012."

My wife received a request for re-med, no passport request though, on May 19, 2012.
She re-did her med exam and was advised by IOM - HCM City that it was forwarded to CHC Singapore on May 28, 2012. No change in eCAS just yet.

Did anyone receive a re-med request and passport request separately at a later day from CHC Singapore? Why did CHC Singapore sent it separately to waste time and resources? Please comment. I'm a little worried.

Thanks.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
its a bureaucratic disarray of function by CHC Singapore.

Do as they say. Unless a rejection letter, Nothin to worry about.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stevent said:
"We received your application for permanent residence on June 29, 2011."

10 months later:
"We started processing your application on April 12, 2012."
My wife received a request for re-med, no passport request though, on May 19, 2012.
She re-did her med exam and was advised by IOM - HCM City that it was forwarded to CHC Singapore on May 28, 2012. No change in eCAS just yet.
Hi,
It's good that you received at least some communication from singapore. I wish you will get your PPR very soon. Singapore started processing my case from April 10, 2012. I have not received anything from them yet.No remed , no PPR..By the way when did you do your first medical?

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Amy612 said:
Hi,
It's good that you received at least some communication from singapore. I wish you will get your PPR very soon. Singapore started processing my case from April 10, 2012. I have not received anything from them yet.No remed , no PPR..By the way when did you do your first medical?
Amy612,
Yes, my wife did her first medical exam in May 2011 and included it with the application package. If you recall my previous posts in this thread, CHC Singapore actually emailed me urgently in mid-April 2012 informing me that a visa was ready to be issued to my wife but she had to land in Canada before May 18, 2012 which was the expiry date on her original med exam. I couldn't arrange for her to arrive in Canada in such a rush. Therefore, CHC Singapore sent my wife a re-med form request 3 weeks ago (right after the original med exam expired). My wife redid her med exam at IOM Ho Chi Minh City branch right after that and was advised by IOM HCMC that the medical reports were forwarded to CHC Singapore roughly 10 days ago. My eCAS status did not change at all.
My understanding is that most of the people whose interviews were waived and whose medical exams expired usually receive the re-med form and passport request together at the same time. I don't understand why that did not happen in my case. As jnathan explained above it was due to CHC Singapore disorganized bureaucracy :). I hope that is true as I am a little worried. I hope to receive the PPR soon because I know it is now taking longer than before for CHC Singapore to issue visas.
I think you are in almost the same timeline as mine, correct? I hope you will receive good news soon.

Regards.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
so far for some cases its been : disorganized bureaucracy

but think what will happen if this bill gets passed tha would slash the pensions in Canada

==============

this is important for all

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-do-you-think-experts-landing-waiting-applicants-might-be-rejected-t107038.0.html

http://canadians.org/action/2012/Bill-C38.html

New powers allowing the Citizenship and Immigration Minister to reject an applicant to Canada who has already been deemed admissible by immigration officers, set limits on what types of immigrants can have their applications processed each year, and require that ineligible persons applying for residence on humanitarian grounds to already be in Canada when they apply.

hope2012

May 15, 2012
Hi dangerJones, stevent and buzzsaw,

It looks like that your cases were finalized within a year. Besides contacting your MPs, did you write to Singapore VO any time? I wrote a letter to them using the form at CIC website but got no response.

Thanks.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
Hi Hope2012,
Indeed, I wrote to CHC Singapore about 8 times. I received 3 replies out of those 8 times. The last time I sent them an email was 2 days ago to ask them when to expect a PPR. I have not received a response on that one yet 8).
CHC Singapore has recently sent an auto-reply message saying that their standard time of sending a response on case-specific questions is 28 working days.
All we can do now is wait which is not a pleasant thing to do. ::)

I hope more people who are sponsoring spouses from Vietnam join this forum to share more information and updates.

Best of luck to every one.

buzzsaw

Aug 26, 2011
my file was received in SVO June '11

at 6 months, Dec '11, i emailed SVO by the email form on their website asking the status.
got the generic 28 days..... blah, blah, blah Auto-Reply message.

heard nothing, see no progress for another 2 months, i email them them again in Feb '12(at 8 months)

got every quick reply next day....

"File is still in process.
We trust this information will be of assistance. "

then at month 9th......WAAMBAM!!! :eek:
everything got moving.
just waiting for her passport back from Sing.
hopefully with visa stamped in it.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
stevent said:
Amy612,
Yes, my wife did her first medical exam in May 2011 and included it with the application package. If you recall my previous posts in this thread, CHC Singapore actually emailed me urgently in mid-April 2012 informing me that a visa was ready to be issued to my wife but she had to land in Canada before May 18, 2012 which was the expiry date on her original med exam. I couldn't arrange for her to arrive in Canada in such a rush. Therefore, CHC Singapore sent my wife a re-med form request 3 weeks ago (right after the original med exam expired). My wife redid her med exam at IOM Ho Chi Minh City branch right after that and
Thanks Stevent. So you are at the end of the process. You will get PPR very soon. I think full immigration process is kind of a mysterious thing. No one knows why they don't ask remed and ppr in the same mail. I don't know why they don't communicate with email also. My file is in process from April 10. Till now nothing from singapore. I sent an email to singapore but no reply. I was expecting PPR in reply :D. I am sick of calling mail man every day whether there is any mail for me or not. Yesterday he told if any mail comes he will call my mother and let her know 8)

hope2012

May 15, 2012
Thanks stevent and buzzsaw.

I see that you have tried to knock their door consistently and the door was finally opened.

Now at least I know that there is somebody at the Singapore VO actually reads our emails. I sent them a snail mail letter and an email for over a month now but haven't got a word from them yet.

I'm going to talk to my MP today to see if he can get them to respond to my inquiry.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
I just received an email today from CHC Singapore responding to an email that I sent 3 days ago. I guess I got lucky this time... ::)
The email replied to my query on PPR after my wife redid her med exam 2 weeks ago. In the email, CHC Singapore told me that my wife could submit her passport to IOM office in HCM City. I have to call Ms. Uyen later today to confirm that if the email from CHC Singapore is sufficient for my wife to drop off her passport because I know a PPR usually includes Appendix A and Appendix B which are just a template listing passport holders' names, addresses, and prefilled File Number which I believe CHC Singapore already had in their file. I hope everything will be fine.

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
I just received an email today from CHC Singapore responding to an email that I sent 3 days ago. I guess I got lucky this time... ::)
The email replied to my query on PPR after my wife redid her med exam 2 weeks ago. In the email, CHC Singapore told me that my wife could submit her passport to IOM office in HCM City. I have to call Ms. Uyen later today to confirm that if the email from CHC Singapore is sufficient for my wife to drop off her passport because I know a PPR usually includes Appendix A and Appendix B which are just a template listing passport holders' names, addresses, and prefilled File Number which I believe CHC Singapore already had in their file. I hope everything will be fine.
Lucky you and hope things go well for you too!

Did you email them directly or did you send your inquiry via their web form? Thanks.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Lucky you and hope things go well for you too!

Did you email them directly or did you send your inquiry via their web form? Thanks.
I used the web form only the first time. After CHC Singapore replied, I used that and keep communicating to them on the same email thread. I thought doing that would keep them in the loop of previous commnications and responses. I don't know if this helps get their attention or not but every time I email them I always put the specific question in short in the subject line and include my wife's file number and my UCI number.
I just want to share it with you. You can give it a try.
Regards.