+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Application Package - Is this enough?

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We're ready to apply soon and want to check if we have enough and also a few questions.
Your thoughts to anything we should add or fix would be appreciated.

Quick review of our Common Law Relationship.
We lived together in The Philippines for 9 months in one home
We've spent the remaining 3 months "backpacking" traveling country to country city to city
And the last week before me heading back to Canada in The Philippines so we can tighten up loose ends.

1. All the Forms filled
2. Medical, Police Clearance, Option C etc and all that
Medical for her non-accompanying daughter. Daughters birth certificate.

Supporting Documents
2 Notarized documents from friends supporting our relationship
6 Non-Notarized documents from friends supporting our relationship.
A letter from my Mother and Father both showing support

Joint Bank Account Statement
Some ATM receipts with both our names on it showing we've made transactions.

All these dated at our 9 month point of our relationship as we left the island and have no plans on going back.

9 Months of iphone dated text messages we've sent to each other, we printed the ones we felt relevant to us living together. Such as "I am coming home soon" or "the key is under the matt"
For 3 months traveling we are together 24 hours per day and do not text.

Facebook postings

A Notarized Billing Statement and a Notarized letter of support from our landlords from where we lived in The Philippines showing what we paid, that they know we lived together, etc.

Receipts from dozens of guesthouses we have stayed in for 3 months with both our names on it, the address, phone number, business card of each place.
Also a letter of explanation of our unusual way of cohabiting together as the VO may not be used to dozens of receipts.

12 different flight tickets we have with our names on it.

50+ Pictures of us together from the beginning to end of our 1 year cohabitation together. With emphisis of proof that we are in a certain country together. Such as Angkor Wat in the background showing we're in Cambodia, etc. Also plenty of pictures of us with my friends, especially the ones who wrote letters for us.
Most pictures are datestamped as they are screen saved from facebook. We believe this will also prove our relationship is public.

A Copy of her marriage certificate. (Do we need to provide this)
She is legally married in The Philippines. Divorce is not possible. We're afraid if we don't include it, they will ask to prove she is married.
Or should we produce an AOM (Advisory on Marriages)

Photocopies of all the stamps in our passports that match, same date in all the countries.

A notarized statement from her saying she no longer considers herself married to him, she has no contact with him and does not wish to contact him or know how to.
Her father forced the marriage upon her (before I knew her) and after 1 day she ran away. It was a civil union, he is of Nepalese decent. We're concerned this will cause problems for us.

A long letter written by me and another written by her about our story, how we met, what we have done together over the year, etc.

She really doesn't want me to meet her parents, although they know and support our relationship, the fact she was forced into marriage by her father and ran away it's a sticky point for them. But I'm trying my best to get me to meet them and have some photos taken together.

If I am already in Canada do I need to show that I am currently employed (I will be)

That would be all!
Anything we're missing?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Get a letter from your new employer stating your hours of work and salary. Or copy the offer letter/job contract you get.

That looks like a fair package. Remember the Phillipines embassy is used to Pinoys who enter other relationships while legally married to someone else because they can't get a divorce there.

Boracay

Apr 5, 2011
Boracay, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
Get a letter from your new employer stating your hours of work and salary. Or copy the offer letter/job contract you get.
ok great

That looks like a fair package. Remember the Phillipines embassy is used to Pinoys who enter other relationships while legally married to someone else because they can't get a divorce there.
We're concerned that they will have a lot of questions regarding her last marriage as we stated it last for 1 day. She did write a notarized letter explaining what happened. But technically that marriage would not be genuine and we're concerned that maybe they will think that regardless of her past unfair circumstances since it was not genuine then maybe she's willing to be with me in a non-genuine or fraudulent common law marriage.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I wouldn't over-think it that much. Depending on her age and where she's from, it might be obvious upfront that she was pushed into a marriage she didn't want at a young age. Besides, marrying someone from Nepal is a heck of a lot different from marrying a Canadian. The pros and cons are very different, and it can hardly be said to be establishing a pattern to go from one to the other.