June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Ottawa vs. Calgary v. Toronto which is better for a family? ;D :D

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
after landing in Toronto as my destination after few days can I move to Quebec/Montreal? Cant FSWP never switch to Quebec/Montreal after landing any other destination?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wan2no said:
after landing in Toronto as my destination after few days can I move to Quebec/Montreal? Cant FSWP never switch to Quebec/Montreal after landing any other destination?
Surely they can move after becoming PR

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wan2no said:
Yes, you can.

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I live in Ottawa, so I may be able to answer more specific questions if you need. I know Toronto very well but not Calgary, to give you some perspective.

I'd say it depends on your family, i.e. how old the kids are. Ottawa is quieter, very safe and great for young kids. Teens may find it boring. You may want to consider daycare options/schools as well. They have a better chance to get a bilingual education in Ottawa, if that matters at all to you.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
I will just express my opinion. Due to the lower oil price, Calgary is not doing good these days. So very few opportunities compared to the past. However rent has come down significantly too. On top of that with the new developments in the federal level, I am not very optimistic about the Calgary Economy short/medium term. If you have a job waiting for you or if you have a very strong chance of landing a job due to some specific reason, you will be fine. Otherwise I think there are more negative factors than positive in Calgary for a new comer.

DesiMan19

Oct 31, 2015
Zhu said:
I live in Ottawa, so I may be able to answer more specific questions if you need. I know Toronto very well but not Calgary, to give you some perspective.

I'd say it depends on your family, i.e. how old the kids are. Ottawa is quieter, very safe and great for young kids. Teens may find it boring. You may want to consider daycare options/schools as well. They have a better chance to get a bilingual education in Ottawa, if that matters at all to you.
And how is job market in Ottawa?