+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa office asking for more documents

VHMMBC

Aug 24, 2014
My common-law-partner is sponsoring me as a member of the family class from outside Canada (we live in Austria). Couple of weeks ago we recieved an email saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing". Now we recieved another email from the Case Processing Center- Ottawa asking for proof about his intent to move back to canada. We are really confused now....why would they send my application to Ottawa and not to Vienna? We have 60 days now to send the additional documents.

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
VHMMBC said:
My common-law-partner is sponsoring me as a member of the family class from outside Canada (we live in Austria). Couple of weeks ago we recieved an email saying "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing". Now we recieved another email from the Case Processing Center- Ottawa asking for proof about his intent to move back to canada. We are really confused now....why would they send my application to Ottawa and not to Vienna? We have 60 days now to send the additional documents.
Someone else posted the same situation at your was sent to Ottawa instead of London...

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
VHMMBC said:
Hi VHMMBC
I'm having the same issue. I'm sponsoring my common law partner we both reside in Scotland. I got my SA last week and instead of my application being sent to London it is being sent to Ottawa. I know of someone else who is in the same boat as well. I have no really reason as to why this has happened. Some have said maybe to help with an over flow and if you look at the Ottawa processing time spreadsheet that could be it. Their processing time is really fast right now, so hopefully that's it!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey guys!

Yeah we are in the same situation.we applied to london,got our SA but it stated that our application was sent to Ottawa.

Hey crdadams,I was just thinking about it when I was at work today- you said that you are currently on a temporary working visa in Scotland and it expires in February?that is similar to our situation,we are both living in Australia on temporary work permits that expire in January.am just wondering if us living on visas in other country's has anything to do with our applications being sent to Ottawa?
VHMMBC,are you in Austria on a visa that expires soon?

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
KarlR said:
Hey guys!

Yeah we are in the same situation.we applied to london,got our SA but it stated that our application was sent to Ottawa.

Hey crdadams,I was just thinking about it when I was at work today- you said that you are currently on a temporary working visa in Scotland and it expires in February?that is similar to our situation,we are both living in Australia on temporary work permits that expire in January.am just wondering if us living on visas in other country's has anything to do with our applications being sent to Ottawa?
I wondered the same thing. Maybe it is because we are work visas that are due to expire. I know I would be super happy if they are trying to fast track it so we can get it done faster. I am so stressed about the time line and getting it approved before my visa is up. I hope that's it, I am trying to stay positive that it is a good thing that it was sent somewhere else and not a bad thing. I just want to know so I can stop worrying. I emailed Ottawa as well to see if they can tell me anything, but if you hear from them first let me know what they say!

VHMMBC

Aug 24, 2014
KarlR said:
Hey guys!

No I am not. I have the austrian citizenship by birth and my sponsor has the dual citizenship (Canada, Austria).....so we don't live in austria in a visa.

VHMMBC

Aug 24, 2014
crdadams said:
Hi VHMMBC
I'm having the same issue. I'm sponsoring my common law partner we both reside in Scotland. I got my SA last week and instead of my application being sent to London it is being sent to Ottawa. I know of someone else who is in the same boat as well. I have no really reason as to why this has happened. Some have said maybe to help with an over flow and if you look at the Ottawa processing time spreadsheet that could be it. Their processing time is really fast right now, so hopefully that's it!
How do you know that the processing time in Ottawa is really fast right now? On the official side it says the austrian processing time is about 14 month, the London processing time is 11 month and the Ottawa processing time is 15 month....
But the case officer from ottawa also send me an email saying "should you satisfy me of my above concerns, you will also need your sponsor to pay the right of permanent residence fee till 2014/10/13." Well so maybe they are really speeding things up with our applications and it is a good thing that it was send to Ottawa

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
VHMMBC said:
How do you know that the processing time in Ottawa is really fast right now? On the official side it says the austrian processing time is about 14 month, the London processing time is 11 month and the Ottawa processing time is 15 month....
But the case officer from ottawa also send me an email saying "should you satisfy me of my above concerns, you will also need your sponsor to pay the right of permanent residence fee till 2014/10/13." Well so maybe they are really speeding things up with our applications and it is a good thing that it was send to Ottawa
Probably because they are reading this forum and looking at the Ottawa spreadsheet. The times posted online are not up to date and not accurate. Ottawa is listed at 15 months and currently us applicants are getting approved in 3 months. At least 1 may applicant who had their app sent to Ottawa and was approved in 3 months is not a us citizen so this is good news for all Ottawa applicants. Up until march applicants the "average" was 8-10 months. If an interview is required its closer to a year. If there is no interview needed then I twill probably be 3-6 months. If they are transferring apps to Ottawa for the same reason they are keeping some in Mississauga, then its probably a good chance they see your app as straightforward and not complicated which means it won't take long to get approval. Really the best way to know what TODAY'S trend are is to see how applicants on this forum are having their apps processed.

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
VHMMBC said:
Hi VHMMBC,
Like rhcohen2014 said, I have been paying close attention to the Ottawa spreadsheet and reading the forum they have. I still have no idea why mine has been sent there, but I am really hoping it is a good thing and it gets processed faster! When did you get your sponsor approval? I am just curious as to the time line it is taking for your application to get processed with the Ottawa office.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
crdadams said:
Hi VHMMBC,
Like rhcohen2014 said, I have been paying close attention to the Ottawa spreadsheet and reading the forum they have. I still have no idea why mine has been sent there, but I am really hoping it is a good thing and it gets processed faster! When did you get your sponsor approval? I am just curious as to the time line it is taking for your application to get processed with the Ottawa office.
Go to the may thread and talk to cortic. They were processed in Ottawa and not from the us so they may be able to shed some light for you. :)

VHMMBC

Aug 24, 2014
Like rhcohen2014 said I always thought that our application is straightforward and not complicated at all, but than they ask for more prove about our intention to move to Canada. I am really worried about that, I am now trying to send them every evidence we got, but we don’t own any property in Canada, I can’t quite my job now because like everybody else here I don`t know when or even if I will be approved. Any recommendation about how we can proof that we really want to move to Canada?
Anyways we got SA on 2014/08/01 and the email about more documents 2014/08/17.
Well thank you for telling me that Ottawa is a lot faster than I thought. I guess it’s a got thing after all that our applications are in Ottawa!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
VHMMBC said:
Like rhcohen2014 said I always thought that our application is straightforward and not complicated at all, but than they ask for more prove about our intention to move to Canada. I am really worried about that, I am now trying to send them every evidence we got, but we don't own any property in Canada, I can't quite my job now because like everybody else here I don`t know when or even if I will be approved. Any recommendation about how we can proof that we really want to move to Canada?
Well thank you for telling me that Ottawa is a lot faster than I thought. I guess it's a got thing after all that our applications are in Ottawa!
even though your relationship is straight forward, the request you got is pretty normal. most sponsors who aren't living in canada get this request. if you write a clear plan of how you intend to move to canada, with some proof of research done (neighborhoods, realtors, indutries for jobs, etc), then it will probably be enough to convince them. basically cic wants to know you don't plan to immediately apply for welfare upon landing.

crdadams

Aug 20, 2014
Edinbugh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
28-10-2014
VHMMBC said:
Like rhcohen2014 said I always thought that our application is straightforward and not complicated at all, but than they ask for more prove about our intention to move to Canada. I am really worried about that, I am now trying to send them every evidence we got, but we don't own any property in Canada, I can't quite my job now because like everybody else here I don`t know when or even if I will be approved. Any recommendation about how we can proof that we really want to move to Canada?
Well thank you for telling me that Ottawa is a lot faster than I thought. I guess it's a got thing after all that our applications are in Ottawa!
In my application when the question came up evidence about moving back to Canada, I submitted a copy of my work visa for the UK showing the end date, as well a letter from my family saying they knew I would be returning back to Canada at that time and would be able to stay with them when we first arrive back and until we can get our own apartment. It does seem like a hard thing to prove, as I don't want to book any plane tickets until we know when know this has been approved, and it is hard to find a job with a start date so far away. Hopefully this will be enough proof for us.

VHMMBC

Aug 24, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
even though your relationship is straight forward, the request you got is pretty normal. most sponsors who aren't living in canada get this request. if you write a clear plan of how you intend to move to canada, with some proof of research done (neighborhoods, realtors, indutries for jobs, etc), then it will probably be enough to convince them. basically cic wants to know you don't plan to immediately apply for welfare upon landing.
Do you know if it is necessary that my sponsor moves back to canada before me. Our plan was that we will be moving toegether, but in the Ottawa mail it says "You must satisfy a visa officer that your sponsor will reside in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada". I wrote a letter with our plans and a timetable about our movement, but its pretty vague, more like "we want to move next autumn, he already told his boss about quiting next summer, i am planing on selling my car at the end of the summer, my working contract expires April 2015, we can live with his parents etc etc" Could that be a problem, that we dont want to be seperated and he has no intention to move before me?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
VHMMBC said:
Do you know if it is necessary that my sponsor moves back to canada before me. Our plan was that we will be moving toegether, but in the Ottawa mail it says "You must satisfy a visa officer that your sponsor will reside in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada". I wrote a letter with our plans and a timetable about our movement, but its pretty vague, more like "we want to move next autumn, he already told his boss about quiting next summer, i am planing on selling my car at the end of the summer, my working contract expires April 2015, we can live with his parents etc etc" Could that be a problem, that we dont want to be seperated and he has no intention to move before me?
No I don't think there is a rule about the sponsor moving before the applicant. They want to know that the sponsor will be accompanying you back at the time of your landing. Many couples do this and it doesn't seem to be an issue. Also they don't want the applicant moving without the sponsor because they are financially responsible for the applicant and if you are not married for 2 years or have kids, CIC requires you to cohabitate together for 2 years after landing.