+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I need your help in getting the information on travel exemption.
I am FSW Outland applicant.
As per GCMS notes, all the stages have been passed and the status is "File is ready for approval"(as of Dec 2020).
My sister/sibling(blood relative) is working in Canada and got her PR(COPR) in the 1st week of Feb 2021 and currently residing in Canada.
As per the travel exemptions mentioned here,(extended family reunification), I feel that I am eligible to apply.
My query:-->
1) Can I fill application for authorization and statutory declaration [IMM 0006] form and send it to IRCC to consider my case for travel exemption? Am I eligible?
2) Will my file be approved and will they issue COPR?
3) I am the primary applicant and the secondary applicants are my wife and 1 child. Will this be applicable for them too?
4) What are the chances of getting this approved?

Thanks in advance.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Lots of cases in Ottawa VO under that group don’t have any movement for couple of months. You can find your group name on GCMS notes page 3 or 4
How do you know you are in Covid group or not. In my page 3 or 4 it does not say yes or not. Secondly which office will they put case into this group?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I need your help in getting the information on travel exemption.
I am FSW Outland applicant.
As per GCMS notes, all the stages have been passed and the status is "File is ready for approval"(as of Dec 2020).
My sister/sibling(blood relative) is working in Canada and got her PR(COPR) in the 1st week of Feb 2021 and currently residing in Canada.
As per the travel exemptions mentioned here,(extended family reunification), I feel that I am eligible to apply.
My query:-->
1) Can I fill application for authorization and statutory declaration [IMM 0006] form and send it to IRCC to consider my case for travel exemption? Am I eligible?
2) Will my file be approved and will they issue COPR?
3) I am the primary applicant and the secondary applicants are my wife and 1 child. Will this be applicable for them too?
4) What are the chances of getting this approved?

Thanks in advance.

I cannot say if your are eligible or not, since you will have to see if you meet the criteria for extended family reunification. IF you do, then you can send a request for authorization to travel.

Al has nothing to do with your COPR. IF you have a COPR, and you are granted AL, then you can travel and land. However, if you do not have a COPR, an AL will not by itself meant you a COPR.

AL, is only applicable to the individual who requested AL. Each individual has to obtain an AL. AL is only granted to the person related. However, once you have an AL, then you can request AL for your family by stating that they have COPR and will travel with you, which is discretionary.

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I cannot say if your are eligible or not, since you will have to see if you meet the criteria for extended family reunification. IF you do, then you can send a request for authorization to travel.

Al has nothing to do with your COPR. IF you have a COPR, and you are granted AL, then you can travel and land. However, if you do not have a COPR, an AL will not by itself meant you a COPR.

AL, is only applicable to the individual who requested AL. Each individual has to obtain an AL. AL is only granted to the person related. However, once you have an AL, then you can request AL for your family by stating that they have COPR and will travel with you, which is discretionary.
Thank you so much for this information. Well, I meet the criteria for extended family reunification.

Reactions: legalfalcon

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
OMG, this is so sick. I have reached the IRCC agent to confirm the medicals extension/validity after my profile indicated that the medicals have been extended.
They said that while my and my wife's medical exam results have been extended till October 30th, 2021 - which is good news. However. my kids' medicals haven't been reassessed yet, and they're still in the queue to be reassessed, and that we still MAY NEED a re-medical for kids.

Again, this is SO sick and stupid. Why can't they just issue us a PPR?

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
OMG, this is so sick. I have reached the IRCC agent to confirm the medicals extension/validity after my profile indicated that the medicals have been extended.
They said that while my and my wife's medical exam results have been extended till October 30th, 2021 - which is good news. However. my kids' medicals haven't been reassessed yet, and they're still in the queue to be reassessed, and that we still MAY NEED a re-medical for kids.

Again, this is SO sick and stupid. Why can't they just issue us a PPR?
It's probably because if they issue a PPR without knowing when the travel restrictions are likely to be lifted, you might end up with an expired COPR which is a whole new battle saga altogether. There are so many people with expired COPR and have been asked to take medical tests again and getting the PPR again.
You're probably better off having to do it only once instead of going through the torture over and over again. So just hang on.. When the govt has a clear plan regarding the travel restrictions, IRCC are likely to start giving PPRs.

Reactions: Ojay1

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's probably because if they issue a PPR without knowing when the travel restrictions are likely to be lifted, you might end up with an expired COPR which is a whole new battle saga altogether. There are so many people with expired COPR and have been asked to take medical tests again and getting the PPR again.
You're probably better off having to do it only once instead of going through the torture over and over again. So just hang on.. When the govt has a clear plan regarding the travel restrictions, IRCC are likely to start giving PPRs.
That's a valid point, although I am in the US with my family, and we have been here non-stop since 2018, so I am exempt from travel restrictions and can travel tomorrow if needed.

This unpredictability makes things complicated, like should we be searching for a new apartment in the US (our current building is sold and we have to move out, and it's horribly expensive here - to the extent that Toronto is CHEAP compared to Boston), should we continue enrolling my daughter in local school system, etc.
We can't travel and get H1B/H4 stamped and we haven't seen our families for years and missed a very important funeral.

Moving to Canada could have fixed many of our pains. There's one problem: no Canada in sight...

P.S. I'm still confused why the kids' medicals were not extended.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
That's a valid point, although I am in the US with my family, and we have been here non-stop since 2018, so I am exempt from travel restrictions and can travel tomorrow if needed.

This unpredictability makes things complicated, like should we be searching for a new apartment in the US (our current building is sold and we have to move out, and it's horribly expensive here - to the extent that Toronto is CHEAP compared to Boston), should we continue enrolling my daughter in local school system, etc.
We can't travel and get H1B/H4 stamped and we haven't seen our families for years and missed a very important funeral.

Moving to Canada could have fixed many of our pains. There's one problem: no Canada in sight...

Most of us are in similar situation but IRCC cant make exceptions based on our personal situations. I would advice you to continue your life in US like nothing changed, it may take an year from today to issue PPR.

sibhi8

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020

I can understand your despair. COVID used to feel like a valid reason for delay but right now it is mildly annoying when COVID is cited as a reason for everything. As such there's hardly any transparency in the processes of IRCC and now it's even more difficult to plan for the future, especially when you have a family. Don't lose hope just go with what you feel is the best decision with the information in hand.
The only possible good thing ahead of us is vaccination in Canada and I'm looking forward to that. I hope it all works out for you.!

Reactions: vsfedotov

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

This is frustrating I know.
IRCC requested re-medical for myself and kids, but not for my spouse. That is very strange, I am the principal applicant. Don't even understand how is it possible. When you open an application don't you see there are other dependents included.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021

How come are you exempt from travel restrictions? Just curious.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This is frustrating I know.
IRCC requested re-medical for myself and kids, but not for my spouse. That is very strange, I am the principal applicant. Don't even understand how is it possible. When you open an application don't you see there are other dependents included.
That's so dumb of them! Good luck with getting your remedicals done ASAP, if you haven't yet!
Did they send you a re-medical request via email or via message in your account? I am just wondering where and when to expect a remed request for kids, if IRCC chooses not to extend theirs.