+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Definitely BS. The real answer is probably no one knows, not some random agent, not any immigration officers, not the immigration minister, not even Trudeau. There is no reason to start giving COPRs if they can't travel. Then it will just expire and they will go into a different category of applicants which creates more burden on IRCC. As long as there are travel restrictions for new immigrants, highly unlikely PPR will be issued for outlanders, especially by CPC Ottawa which is already overworked. And since no one knows when travel restrictions will end, no one can predict when PPRs will be issued. The only thing we can do is hope that the vaccination drive is successful and fast.
Make sense but they don't process US applications either.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Are you US based too? Same situation here and I'm worried our applications would just get buried and forgotten even after things go back to normal
Yes, it's frustrated that there is no update whatsoever about FSW applications. If they want to meet the quota, there are around 10,000 applications from the US in 2020 but they chose to invite every CEC. There is some PPRs every now and then for FSW but who knows what they are doing with the rest. Many applications were approved already but no PPR was issued.

Reactions: raindropcreature

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Make sense but they don't process US applications either.
Yeah this doesn't make sense, because of travel exemptions. Maybe it is easier for them to treat all FSW-O as a single cohort than to pick out applications which have travel exemptions? We can only speculate.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Yeah this doesn't make sense, because of travel exemptions. Maybe it is easier for them to treat all FSW-O as a single cohort than to pick out applications which have travel exemptions? We can only speculate.
US residents are the only group that is exempted and not given any attention.
They state on their website that priority is given to people who are exempted from travel restriction. And they currently do give priority to residents in Hong Kong and family reunions for example. I don't see if there is any difficulty in doing more.

HongKong_EE2020

Sep 1, 2020
They state on their website that priority is given to people who are exempted from travel restriction. And they currently do give priority to residents in Hong Kong and family reunions for example. I don't see if there is any difficulty in doing more.
Being one of the applicants from Hong Kong, I can tell currently there is no difference in processing times for EE progress and we, still, cannot travel to Canada as we are not exempted from the current travel restrictions.... I have heard some Hong Kong applications have been idled since January 2020. But I do hope IRCC would speed up our applications

Good luck to all :)

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Being one of the applicants from Hong Kong, I can tell currently there is no difference in processing times for EE progress and we, still, cannot travel to Canada as we are not exempted from the current travel restrictions.... I have heard some Hong Kong applications have been idled since January 2020. But I do hope IRCC would speed up our applications

I was simply referring to what the IRCC states on its website. At least they claim to do so.

Every FSW is frustrated about the process because of the lack of clarity and transparency. I saw some Chinese applications in last August getting approved by the Hong Kong office while I am sure there are many other earlier ones were waiting. Same thing happened to Ottawa office as well. Nobody knows how our applications are processed.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I suppose they're not looking at the US residency of the FSW applicants in a queue. They look at citizenship/passport, and add folks with non-US passports to the "non-exempt" cohort, even if they're in the US. This is the only way I can explain the pace they process (or I'd better say "ignore"?) applications.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So, I've got what looks like medicals extension a week ago.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - February 9, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

My previous medicals expired in September.
Has anyone had the same update? What is the current timeline from medicals extension to PPR? Or does it take forever as well?

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018

Inland CEC Feb 2020 still waiting :)

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
So, I've got what looks like medicals extension a week ago.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - February 9, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

My previous medicals expired in September.
Has anyone had the same update? What is the current timeline from medicals extension to PPR? Or does it take forever as well?
Unfortunately, nobody can answer that for sure now. On the bright side, medical extension is probably the last leg of the application so next step should be PPR whenever that happens!

Reactions: vsfedotov

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Inland CEC Feb 2020 still waiting :)
Have you requested for a GCMS Notes?? Have you had any documents requested from IRCC ?? What's the actual status on your application - I mean "Are you stuck in Security" !!

Last edited:

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I suppose they're not looking at the US residency of the FSW applicants in a queue. They look at citizenship/passport, and add folks with non-US passports to the "non-exempt" cohort, even if they're in the US. This is the only way I can explain the pace they process (or I'd better say "ignore"?) applications.
I'm not aware - have you seen evidence that US passport holders are being added to the "exempt" cohort?