+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

bmthanki

Feb 3, 2021
AOR - 12 Nov 2018
Security screening started- 27 Feb 2019, ended- 20 Feb 2020.
Remedical request- 26th Feb 2020, remedical passed- 9th March 2020.... and damm covid started....as per gcms notes, files is ready for approval..
FSWO-India
Did any FSW O candidates from India got Approval during this time ?

Ola2j

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I saw on an express entry forum that someone spoke with an agent and she was made to understand that copr for outland FSW will start rolling out by the end of the month. Can anyone confirm that?? Sounds like BS to me though.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
I saw on an express entry forum that someone spoke with an agent and she was made to understand that copr for outland FSW will start rolling out by the end of the month. Can anyone confirm that?? Sounds like BS to me though.
By calling the IRCC 888 number? Those agents have no credible information so I won't take it seriously. They are just like customer service and can look at the system. Doubt they know anything more than the notes that we order.

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Even I think so...Coming 22 Feb 2021, Canada is going to open borders for non-essential travelers.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/travel/people-flying-to-canada-will-have-to-quarantine-at-hotels-from-february-22-101613182366539.html

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Dagongdi

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
No, it will not be open in February. They just make it more expensive for nonessential travelers who are not subject to the travel restrictions.
Agree. As per the news and other press statements, they would be charging $2000 per person for 3 days of quarantine and it is mandatory for all nonessential travelers. This cost includes hotel stay for 3 days, food, and RT PCR covid test.
One more thing, they want RT PCR Covid test to be conducted prior to boarding a flight from the home country(again mandatory, else you will not be allowed to board the flight). Soon after landing, I do not understand why they want to conduct tests and put in forcefully quarantine at their locations. There is no point.
I think they are trying to boost their economy.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
Agree. As per the news and other press statements, they would be charging $2000 per person for 3 days of quarantine and it is mandatory for all nonessential travelers. This cost includes hotel stay for 3 days, food, and RT PCR covid test.
One more thing, they want RT PCR Covid test to be conducted prior to boarding a flight from the home country(again mandatory, else you will not be allowed to board the flight). Soon after landing, I do not understand why they want to conduct tests and put in forcefully quarantine at their locations. There is no point.
I think they are trying to boost their economy.
Don't think they can get much money from it. It's just a way to discourage travel but it is way too late (probably a year too late).

Remember reading about one Ontario official who went to Central America for vacation and posted videos pretending to be Canada but got caught lol. Now if you are rich you can still go on a vacation and some poor patients who need cancer treatment is the US need to pay $2000 every time. The government handling of this situation is just so poor.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Definitely BS. The real answer is probably no one knows, not some random agent, not any immigration officers, not the immigration minister, not even Trudeau. There is no reason to start giving COPRs if they can't travel. Then it will just expire and they will go into a different category of applicants which creates more burden on IRCC. As long as there are travel restrictions for new immigrants, highly unlikely PPR will be issued for outlanders, especially by CPC Ottawa which is already overworked. And since no one knows when travel restrictions will end, no one can predict when PPRs will be issued. The only thing we can do is hope that the vaccination drive is successful and fast.

Reactions: Shahnavazkhan

Ojay1

Feb 21, 2020
T
Definitely BS. The real answer is probably no one knows, not some random agent, not any immigration officers, not the immigration minister, not even Trudeau. There is no reason to start giving COPRs if they can't travel. Then it will just expire and they will go into a different category of applicants which creates more burden on IRCC. As long as there are travel restrictions for new immigrants, highly unlikely PPR will be issued for outlanders, especially by CPC Ottawa which is already overworked. And since no one knows when travel restrictions will end, no one can predict when PPRs will be issued. The only thing we can do is hope that the vaccination drive is successful and fast.
This degree of pessimism will not help either. What if what he says really happens, I hop you come back here to revoke your statement about the BS

Reactions: ita_drgen

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
T

This degree of pessimism will not help either. What if what he says really happens, I hop you come back here to revoke your statement about the BS
Oh believe me, I will be more than delighted to eat my own words. But as things stand, I just don't see it happening anytime soon sorry. Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.

Ola2j

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Oh believe me, I will be more than delighted to eat my own words. But as things stand, I just don't see it happening anytime soon sorry. Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.
Uhm actually I know some relatives that just got their copr from Ottawa last week