+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
There's no way to predict the timeline. I hate to break it to you but looking at the current trend, CPC Ottawa is super slow. My AOR is on September 22nd. Stuck in the same stage as yours. Eligibility - Met, Criminality, and Security - Not Started yet. Hope they pick up speed. It is really painful to see everyone getting their PPRs and knowing that my file isn't even being worked on.
I know that feeling :(

Cursing CPC-Ottawa :(

Kavi11

Jan 31, 2019
Trivandrum
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
There's no way to predict the timeline. I hate to break it to you but looking at the current trend, CPC Ottawa is super slow. My AOR is on September 22nd. Stuck in the same stage as yours. Eligibility - Met, Criminality, and Security - Not Started yet. Hope they pick up speed. It is really painful to see everyone getting their PPRs and knowing that my file isn't even being worked on.
Really hope they find some way to process all the applications fast..Waiting is definitely the most difficult part of this whole process..:oops:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Really hope they find some way to process all the applications fast..Waiting is definitely the most difficult part of this whole process..:oops:
I got in touch with an agent today. Approaching 120 days and the agent says it's normal and it's still early to start any background checks :confused:

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Please stop calling CIC every so often. 120 days in with no particular issue with your application, there is no point in calling CIC. This will not speed up your application. You need to be patient.

You are participating in creating unneeded workload for CIC which decreases their service level for people who really need to talk to them.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Please stop calling CIC every so often. 120 days in with no particular issue with your application, there is no point in calling CIC. This will not speed up your application. You need to be patient.

You are participating in creating unneeded workload for CIC which decreases their service level for people who really need to talk to them.
I don't think that is the reason why they are being so slow. I never called, emailed, or ordered any note within my 6 months period. But what do I get? I never received any update from them, not even a ghost update. And it's already over 7 months now, still no update. It doesn't matter if we call or not, they are slow, as always.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

I am not trying to speed up process. Only trying to know details that's it.

For example, if I know eligibility is met I wouldn't really both about when I even get my PPR since I know crossed hurdle.

Don't think calling them really makes any delay.

Kavi11

Jan 31, 2019
Trivandrum
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
I got in touch with an agent today. Approaching 120 days and the agent says it's normal and it's still early to start any background checks :confused:
136 days and still nothing. :( I think they need to employ more analysts and officers to get the job done faster.:D

Kavi11

Jan 31, 2019
Trivandrum
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
We are like the model applications. Everything is just perfect. So they use that as reference for training new VOs :D:D
I guess training would require more complicated applications! :p
Anyway, hope the coming weeks bring us some good news.:)