+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa as Case Processing Center for Pakistani Applicant

Howard3301

Mar 15, 2023
My Application Timeline:

1st June - Application submitted visa SDS stream
2nd June - BIL issued
8th June - Medical Updated
8th June - Correspondence Letter received from Ottawa CPC, in which BIL letter was reshared and was asked to provide Biometrics.
9th June - Biometric given and updated on same date
14th June - Eligibility Started

Current Status - Awaiting Decision

I submitted my application from Pakistan and the majority of times, our visa office is Abu Dhabi. I am unsure why I received correspondence letter from Ottawa CPC and why I was asked to provide biometric this early when the deadline to submit biometric is 30 days after which application is closed if not submitted.

Is it normal to have Ottawa as CPC for Pakistani applicants?

Moreover, I selected "No" when asked about "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" Should I have selected "Yes" since the majority of applicants opted for yes, when submitting their applications. I am confused and thinking about raising a webform. Should I raise the webform or wait for some time? For context, I have never lived outside Pakistan. Your guidance in this matter would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
My Application Timeline:

1st June - Application submitted visa SDS stream
2nd June - BIL issued
8th June - Medical Updated
8th June - Correspondence Letter received from Ottawa CPC, in which BIL letter was reshared and was asked to provide Biometrics.
9th June - Biometric given and updated on same date
14th June - Eligibility Started

Current Status - Awaiting Decision

I submitted my application from Pakistan and the majority of times, our visa office is Abu Dhabi. I am unsure why I received correspondence letter from Ottawa CPC and why I was asked to provide biometric this early when the deadline to submit biometric is 30 days after which application is closed if not submitted.

Is it normal to have Ottawa as CPC for Pakistani applicants?

Moreover, I selected "No" when asked about "Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" Should I have selected "Yes" since the majority of applicants opted for yes, when submitting their applications. I am confused and thinking about raising a webform. Should I raise the webform or wait for some time? For context, I have never lived outside Pakistan. Your guidance in this matter would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
All SDS applications are processed in Canada, non-sds cases are processed by Abu Dhabi.