+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
So I did the ceremony today

There were 51 people taking the oath.

It was pretty straight forward. A coordinator told us about how it will go, then we were moved for identity verification, then the judge joined.

My judge was from Montreal, she's a lebanese immigrant too so it was interesting experience being pronounced canadian citizen by someone from my background

After the oath, the coordinator then told us to cut the PR card and to sign the oath form.

Then he said that if we had questions we can ask. He was asked about how much time it will need for certificate to be received, he said 2 to 3 weeks.

When it was my turn to ask, I asked him whether it's guaranteed to be 2 weeks because there is a backlog of certificates from November, he said yes the backlog is gone (i dont think it is) and that moving forward certificate will need 2 weeks. from what i understood from him is that the certificate backlog is being dealt with

I also asked him if the office has opened in downtown, he said not to the public no, I asked if it's open for employees, he said yes employees are working from office.

I told him about my travels and he said to include the reasoning and tickets in the email i am sending the forms in

Sorry I could not ask him about 2019 processing backlog as questions were quick and it was really out of context, we were told to ask questions relating to the oath process
Congratulations !!! and good luck for the next steps, hopefully the certificates will be processed within 2 weeks.

rtamimi

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012

It was pretty straight forward. A coordinator told us about how it will go, then we were moved for identity verification, then the judge joined.

My judge was from Montreal, she's a lebanese immigrant too so it was interesting experience being pronounced canadian citizen by someone from my background

After the oath, the coordinator then told us to cut the PR card and to sign the oath form.

Then he said that if we had questions we can ask. He was asked about how much time it will need for certificate to be received, he said 2 to 3 weeks.

When it was my turn to ask, I asked him whether it's guaranteed to be 2 weeks because there is a backlog of certificates from November, he said yes the backlog is gone (i dont think it is) and that moving forward certificate will need 2 weeks. from what i understood from him is that the certificate backlog is being dealt with

I also asked him if the office has opened in downtown, he said not to the public no, I asked if it's open for employees, he said yes employees are working from office.

I told him about my travels and he said to include the reasoning and tickets in the email i am sending the forms in

Sorry I could not ask him about 2019 processing backlog as questions were quick and it was really out of context, we were told to ask questions relating to the oath process
Great news Omar!!! At least Ottawa office is operating. According to the timelines they provided, we should expect our certificate soon.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau

Congrats! Even I don't trust them when they say 2 weeks bcz they told us 2-4 weeks as well, but I hope they process everything soon. Good luck and thank you for the follow-up!

Reactions: Dhaka2014

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada

Congrats for being a Canadian, eh :)
Was the judge Rania by any chance?

Thanks for asking those questions. Good to know that Ottawa employees are working from office (if he was truthful about that), because for sure he was not truthful about the "backlog is gone or dealt with". That was a complete LIE. I have 3 of my close friends who had oath in Nov and Dec haven't received certificates yet, they escalated to the minister and MPs a few weeks ago and still waiting.

I am hoping you will get your certificate within 2 weeks. Please let us know when your status changes to "Complete".

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Congrats for being a Canadian, eh :)
Was the judge Rania by any chance?

Thanks for asking those questions. Good to know that Ottawa employees are working from office (if he was truthful about that), because for sure he was not truthful about the "backlog is gone or dealt with". That was a complete LIE. I have 3 of my close friends who had oath in Nov and Dec haven't received certificates yet, they escalated to the minister and MPs a few weeks ago and still waiting.

I am hoping you will get your certificate within 2 weeks. Please let us know when your status changes to "Complete".
Yea it's Rania Sfier (the judge's name is public).
The coordinator is from montreal too. Lafontaine or something they were calling him. I dont think he was JT.
Most of the people in the ceremony were speaking french tbh

Yea I have a feeling this wont be short. only update on my tracker happened right after the ceremony was done, which is the "Waiting on you to take oath" Section going away. about an hour after the ceremony ended

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Yea it's Rania Sfier (the judge's name is public).
The coordinator is from montreal too. Lafontaine or something they were calling him. I dont think he was JT.
Most of the people in the ceremony were speaking french tbh

Yea I have a feeling this wont be short. only update on my tracker happened right after the ceremony was done, which is the "Waiting on you to take oath" Section going away. about an hour after the ceremony ended
She was our citizenship judge as well. Nice lady.
We had an English speaking young coordinator. For sure the coordinator is not JT. (I know how JT looks like lol)

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
She was our citizenship judge as well. Nice lady.
We had an English speaking young coordinator. For sure the coordinator is not JT. (I know how JT looks like lol)
Im curious, how does JT look? Or do you have more info about him/her? U can share in private if you want

• Haha
Reactions: Dhaka2014

Ahmedlubana

Jul 21, 2020
Nothing yet. Status is still showing “Citizenship Ceremony: In-Progress”. Passports Canada called me 4 times until now. I requested them to put my application aside for few weeks (and please don’t send it back).

The other problem is my guarantor is traveling out of the country (never expected that passport will take more than a month). So if Passports Canada calls him, they won’t get answer. I’ll give them the international number and hopefully they will call him if they want. At least Passports Canada is responsive. They responds to calls and calls you back the next business day if you leave a voice mail.
Which passport office you went?

Ahmedlubana

Jul 21, 2020
I called the IRCC call center yesterday and the agent said that my certificate has been printed but not mailed, any idea how long it takes in the mailing process? They have delays steps by step, unbelievable...My oath was taken on 10 Dec in Ottawa by an agent with initials MG.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I called the IRCC call center yesterday and the agent said that my certificate has been printed but not mailed, any idea how long it takes in the mailing process? They have delays steps by step, unbelievable...My oath was taken on 10 Dec in Ottawa by an agent with initials MG.
Unfortunately, nobody knows. The November certificates has been printed as well but not mailed yet. Is your status in the trackers still "in progress"

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
honestly, it is absolutely outrageous. hundreds of people have been waiting for their files to be closed since November.
You know, we become officially citizens at the date of oath. if we miss something that is a right as canadian citizens, like an election, just because you got employees who are too lazy to take 5 mins and close your application, I am pretty sure you can sue IRCC for it.

Hearing so many stories from here and facebook, its really crazy. I think your best bet is to gather 10-15 people and go to the ottawa office and demand to speak to someone about this. do a small demonstration, not leave until someone comes out with certificates.

I only took my oath 2 days ago but if this happens im willing to go down and support you

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
honestly, it is absolutely outrageous. hundreds of people have been waiting for their files to be closed since November.
You know, we become officially citizens at the date of oath. if we miss something that is a right as canadian citizens, like an election, just because you got employees who are too lazy to take 5 mins and close your application, I am pretty sure you can sue IRCC for it.

Hearing so many stories from here and facebook, its really crazy. I think your best bet is to gather 10-15 people and go to the ottawa office and demand to speak to someone about this. do a small demonstration, not leave until someone comes out with certificates.

I only took my oath 2 days ago but if this happens im willing to go down and support you
I totally agree. It would be better if somebody go there one day, a person who lives close to the office to check if the office is open. Then, we can all go there the next day. I am sure that is the only way. Even if they don't finish them right away, we should get a promise from them. These are our rights to get the service for what we have paid.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello Ottawans, anyone know what is happening with the oath invitations for Ottawa applicants - I have been waiting for four months now since I passed my test...... May 2020 applicant. Thanks.

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hello Ottawans, anyone know what is happening with the oath invitations for Ottawa applicants - I have been waiting for four months now since I passed my test...... May 2020 applicant. Thanks.
They told me I'll do oath the next 2 weeks from my interview, and that was in December 2021, still waiting no updates.