+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
I was told 2 people received certificates yesterday, they both did their oath in November. They received them by mail so I am assuming another office is helping out in printing the certificates
Do you know if their status is changed to completed or still in progress?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Do you know if their status is changed to completed or still in progress?
I asked but i still didnt get an answer

@Dhaka2014 Any update on your situation yet? with the passport issue

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
good luck and congratulations all !!
i know it will be exciting busy day but if you can get chance can you ask for 2019 backlog who waiting for oath ? When should we expect invite ?

skk90

Feb 16, 2022
Glad to find the forum here. I thought I was the only one waiting 2 months to receive my certificate. Ceremony was on December 15th, file hasn’t been updated online to complete and of course no certificate. I have called IRCC almost every week and I keep getting the same answer from the agents, many ppl in line from ottawa there is delays. Truckers didn’t help either. Add holiday season in between makes things even worse. Not much can be done but to wait. Last I spoke the agent sent an email to cic ottawa but I guess they are closed. I have also sent an email every week , since January 20th I haven’t even received the auto response. Complete shambles.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I asked but i still didnt get an answer

@Dhaka2014 Any update on your situation yet? with the passport issue
Nothing yet. Status is still showing “Citizenship Ceremony: In-Progress”. Passports Canada called me 4 times until now. I requested them to put my application aside for few weeks (and please don’t send it back).

The other problem is my guarantor is traveling out of the country (never expected that passport will take more than a month). So if Passports Canada calls him, they won’t get answer. I’ll give them the international number and hopefully they will call him if they want. At least Passports Canada is responsive. They responds to calls and calls you back the next business day if you leave a voice mail.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
@omarnabsws please ask them your questions tomorrow during the QA session including when the office reopens and why there are so many delays. As @Dhaka2014 said, it is the only chance you can reach the Ottawa office :D
Yes please. After your formal oath ceremony, there will be an open time for questions. please ask them all of your questions. Including when do you expect to receive certificate, and what is the way to contact them if certificate is not received in the standard timeline (nobody in Ottawa responds to emails). Mention that there are tens or hundreds of people waiting for certificate since October/November 2021 and they are unable to reach you guys. And some people (like me) received certificates that are not entered in the system and their passport application is rejected.

Trust me, once you close the zoom call. There is literally ZERO ways to talk to someone in Ottawa office.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Just received the oath invitation for each family member - unfortunately we also have JT o_O
Congrats and wish you all the best.
Make sure you ask them about the timeline for certificate.

It’s completely unacceptable that they leave people without any travel document (cut PR card and no certificate) for 3 months.

Mississauga is sending certificates within one week.

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Congrats and wish you all the best.
Make sure you ask them about the timeline for certificate.

It’s completely unacceptable that they leave people without any travel document (cut PR card and no certificate) for 3 months.

Mississauga is sending certificates within one week.
Will do for sure! I’m hoping we can request to pick it up. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Dhaka2014

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
So I did the ceremony today

There were 51 people taking the oath.

It was pretty straight forward. A coordinator told us about how it will go, then we were moved for identity verification, then the judge joined.

My judge was from Montreal, she's a lebanese immigrant too so it was interesting experience being pronounced canadian citizen by someone from my background

After the oath, the coordinator then told us to cut the PR card and to sign the oath form.

Then he said that if we had questions we can ask. He was asked about how much time it will need for certificate to be received, he said 2 to 3 weeks.

When it was my turn to ask, I asked him whether it's guaranteed to be 2 weeks because there is a backlog of certificates from November, he said yes the backlog is gone (i dont think it is) and that moving forward certificate will need 2 weeks. from what i understood from him is that the certificate backlog is being dealt with

I also asked him if the office has opened in downtown, he said not to the public no, I asked if it's open for employees, he said yes employees are working from office.

I told him about my travels and he said to include the reasoning and tickets in the email i am sending the forms in

Sorry I could not ask him about 2019 processing backlog as questions were quick and it was really out of context, we were told to ask questions relating to the oath process