+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Any guesses fellow Ottawans of the time frame expected between passing the test and the oath........ ?

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
That sounds very irregular - I would be contacting them regularly and probably sending a message to my MP.
There are some ppl from October 2019 and earlier who haven’t even taken the test. Nothing is regular. I’ve contacted my MP and IRCC but they have other “priorities” right now and on the website they claim to be processing Aug 2019 applications so there’s no point to argue yet

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
There are some ppl from October 2019 and earlier who haven’t even taken the test. Nothing is regular. I’ve contacted my MP and IRCC but they have other “priorities” right now and on the website they claim to be processing Aug 2019 applications so there’s no point to argue yet
That's exactly why they put these dates on the website. To deter people from arguing with them, while they do whatever they want. I am Nov 2019 applicant, still waiting the oath, while Feb 2021 applicants are getting oath invites. So, yes, they put they are finalizing Aug 2019, but in reality 2019 applicants are ignored, and other much later applicants are being prioritized. Honestly, I was eager and excited to get my Canadian citizenship when I applied, but IRCC has managed to make the experience full of disappointments, frustrations, and anxiety.

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

nosmas

Sep 25, 2015
Hi,

I just finished the citizenship test last week and tracker has been updated.

How do they schedule the interview if any? Will I get a phone call or another email to notify me of the interview date?

Thanks

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
That's exactly why they put these dates on the website. To deter people from arguing with them, while they do whatever they want. I am Nov 2019 applicant, still waiting the oath, while Feb 2021 applicants are getting oath invites. So, yes, they put they are finalizing Aug 2019, but in reality 2019 applicants are ignored, and other much later applicants are being prioritized. Honestly, I was eager and excited to get my Canadian citizenship when I applied, but IRCC has managed to make the experience full of disappointments, frustrations, and anxiety.
Oh I fully agree. It’s frustrating to see others who applied more than a year later breeze through the remaining steps while my last update was 5 months ago.

Reactions: CaBeaver