+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you say stages what do you mean? I am a May 2020 applicant and have not seen a test invite yet. 8 months have passed since my AOR. It took 5 months to get the AOR int he first place.
I'm trying to find out what the gap is between file being transferred from Sydney to local office and it being actioned for test.
If anyone knows - or can guess!!!
Seriously, there is no prediction with Ottawa office. There's a member that reported finishing his oath and he was a April 2020 applicant, so that's that. While people from October 2019 are still waiting.

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
When you say stages what do you mean? I am a May 2020 applicant and have not seen a test invite yet. 8 months have passed since my AOR. It took 5 months to get the AOR int he first place.
I'm trying to find out what the gap is between file being transferred from Sydney to local office and it being actioned for test.
Sept 2019 - App submitted
Dec 2019 - AOR
March 2020 - test cancelled

March 2021 - test invite
May 2021 - Oath

By stages I mean each step in the process. My application was on hold for a year between test invites. Other than that, it seemed to be moving every 2-3 months.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Dec 2019 - AOR

March 2021 - test invite
May 2021 - Oath

By stages I mean each step in the process. My application was on hold for a year between test invites. Other than that, it seemed to be moving every 2-3 months.
OK. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps I can surmise that if my file hit the Ottawa office in May 2021 - I might get a test invite in August? (3 months) - probably not though.....!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Seriously, there is no prediction with Ottawa office. There's a member that reported finishing his oath and he was a April 2020 applicant, so that's that. While people from October 2019 are still waiting.
Its enough to make you bang your head off a brick wall. Over. And. Over....

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I still don't understand how a file that was deemed complete in Nova Scotia in September 2020, only arrived at the Ottawa office at the end of May 2021. Even if they put it on a donkey it would have gotten there fast than that- surely. Hopefully it won't take another nine months for someone in Ottawa to pick it up and review it.....
At my wits end.

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
Dec 2019 - AOR

March 2021 - test invite
May 2021 - Oath

Hello , Can you please let me know the test invite , test completed , oath request and oath taken date ? I My test is marked as complete on Jul 12 , no updates after . I know it may be little early . But just curious .. My current passport expires on Aug 21 . So thinking if there is a chance to get oath invite by then . Thanks in advance

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still don't understand how a file that was deemed complete in Nova Scotia in September 2020, only arrived at the Ottawa office at the end of May 2021. Even if they put it on a donkey it would have gotten there fast than that- surely. Hopefully it won't take another nine months for someone in Ottawa to pick it up and review it.....
At my wits end.
Nope, they park it in Nova Scotia until an officer is free to deal with it, the backlog is unreal in Ottawa and it's not helping that they are deliberately putting citizenships on hold.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Nope, they park it in Nova Scotia until an officer is free to deal with it, the backlog is unreal in Ottawa and it's not helping that they are deliberately putting citizenships on hold.
I wonder what happened to the officer who was free when they transferred it in May......;)

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Ottawa office is an outlier. They are busy with 2018-2019 applicants. Other offices are doing a mix of of all years 2018-2021. and may be this is because of the prioritization they are giving to the other types immigration files.

Based on current ottawa timeline from 2019 and 2020 spreadhseets you can expect mid next year to see some movement on your file. Until then your file will be either in-transit or in registry.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Ottawa office is an outlier. They are busy with 2018-2019 applicants. Other offices are doing a mix of of all years 2018-2021. and may be this is because of the prioritization they are giving to the other types immigration files.

Based on current ottawa timeline from 2019 and 2020 spreadhseets you can expect mid next year to see some movement on your file. Until then your file will be either in-transit or in registry.
I am really hoping that you are joking. Mid NEXT year? You can't actually be serious........

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I am just at the end of my wick at this point.
My status got updated to "Completed" after waiting two months post oath ceremony.

I'm September 19 applicant and I know someone who applied in December 20 and got AOR in April. Who knows how long they will wait to get something for them.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I am really hoping that you are joking. Mid NEXT year? You can't actually be serious........
I don't want to disappoint you but that is the reality, if you check the spreadsheet records for Ottawa and Gatinue office, you can see it for yourself, there is limited movement.

From the recent ATIP documents it showed that applicants are categorized into three, streamlined low risk , routine and non-routine. So If you are from the first category, this could be earlier than the rest.