AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
someone needs to intervene with them for real, wish i knew a contact there or something

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
someone needs to intervene with them for real, wish i knew a contact there or something
Your best bet is to politely continue to reach out your MP and explain how this has impacted a lot of factors such as travelling etc.

Good luck

Last edited:

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa office is really doing us dirty. Man, as if our applications don't matter.

Interstellaraliens

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hey Folks
Any activity at the ottawa office?
Is there any way we can find out how often does ottawa office schedule citizenship events like tests , oaths?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I am an Ottawa applicant from May 2020. No test, no comms since AOR in September 2020. I wrote to my MP and he wrote to Immigration and today I got a response. It was fairly generic but it did include this info:
The file was transferred to the local IRCC office in Ottawa, Ontario on May 18, 2021, for further processing.
Does anyone have any idea what this means in terms of time frame?
Has anyone else got this type of info back -I guess it means its just sitting there for the last 3 months?

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
I am an Ottawa applicant from May 2020. No test, no comms since AOR in September 2020. I wrote to my MP and he wrote to Immigration and today I got a response. It was fairly generic but it did include this info:
The file was transferred to the local IRCC office in Ottawa, Ontario on May 18, 2021, for further processing.
Does anyone have any idea what this means in terms of time frame?
Has anyone else got this type of info back -I guess it means its just sitting there for the last 3 months?
It means that they just received your application in Ottawa. The office most likely didn't do any work on your file. Once they office starts your background check, you will know they are looking into your file.

You can register here: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
It means that they just received your application in Ottawa. The office most likely didn't do any work on your file. Once they office starts your background check, you will know they are looking into your file.

You can register here: https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Thanks for this - my background check is complete. I am just mesmerised by the fact that it took from Sept 2020 to May 2021 for a file to find its way from Nova Scotia to Ottawa.
I understand that it might appear that Ottawa 'just' received the file but it iis August and that was in May.
I am still curious to understand if anyone knows anything about timelines between your file being received by your local processing office and seeing changes on the status website - or even an average timeline between the file moving to receiving a test invite.
I am just a little frustrated with all the reports on the forum of May 2021 applicants completing their oaths and having applied a full year before them - its very disheartening.
Grateful for any views.

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Thanks for this - my background check is complete. I am just mesmerised by the fact that it took from Sept 2020 to May 2021 for a file to find its way from Nova Scotia to Ottawa.
I understand that it might appear that Ottawa 'just' received the file but it iis August and that was in May.
I am still curious to understand if anyone knows anything about timelines between your file being received by your local processing office and seeing changes on the status website - or even an average timeline between the file moving to receiving a test invite.
I am just a little frustrated with all the reports on the forum of May 2021 applicants completing their oaths and having applied a full year before them - its very disheartening.
Grateful for any views.
There’s a lot of posts staying waiting for oath etc but when you dig deeper that’s not the case. Trust me. You’re frustrated and you only applied May 2020. I’m Dec 2019 and test completed 3 months ago and nothing. There’s no pattern what so ever. I’ve tried

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
There’s a lot of posts staying waiting for oath etc but when you dig deeper that’s not the case. Trust me. You’re frustrated and you only applied May 2020. I’m Dec 2019 and test completed 3 months ago and nothing. There’s no pattern what so ever. I’ve tried
The only pattern I noticed is the gap between stages. It seems to be a good 2-3 months window between them, if you are lucky

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only pattern I noticed is the gap between stages. It seems to be a good 2-3 months window between them, if you are lucky
I'm 4 months from the completing the test and other than DM 3 weeks later, nothing!

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
When you say stages what do you mean? I am a May 2020 applicant and have not seen a test invite yet. 8 months have passed since my AOR. It took 5 months to get the AOR int he first place.
I'm trying to find out what the gap is between file being transferred from Sydney to local office and it being actioned for test.
If anyone knows - or can guess!!!