+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
At a high level what did you write in the email?
this is what I wrote exactly.

Hi,

I would like to check when we can expect an Oath Ceremony invitation.
Everything other than Oath has been completed and Oath is at "Not started".

UCI:
Name:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the email.

What I have seen is they only responds on Friday.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just checked the tracker and see below update for all 3 family members. No email or anything so far so dont know if it's virtual/in person.

Update is dated March 29th but showed up today.

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on
April 25, 2023.

@admin : Please update the tracker.

I did send an email to Ottawa office(on March 8th) asking for Oath updates and got standard reply to wait for 12 weeks.
Congrats :) Looks like in a single shot they have given oath to a lot of Ottawa ppl for April 25th.

Reactions: anksyahoo

88civic

Dec 5, 2022
Just checked the tracker and see below update for all 3 family members. No email or anything so far so dont know if it's virtual/in person.

Update is dated March 29th but showed up today.

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony
Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on
April 25, 2023.

@admin : Please update the tracker.

I did send an email to Ottawa office(on March 8th) asking for Oath updates and got standard reply to wait for 12 weeks.
Congratulations !! Btw I got a reply to my email that I should expect Notice to appear in about 8 weeks, down from earlier email's 12 weeks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
you should send email to above email address. Looks like all those who sent got invited so no harm in sending email.
I feel I got a standard response. "high volume of ceremonies to administer", "Notice to appear within 12 weeks", "you are in queue"
Already completed 8 weeks at LPP completed, so 4 more to go.

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I feel I got a standard response. "high volume of ceremonies to administer", "Notice to appear within 12 weeks", "you are in queue"
I'm curious to see what will happen to the self administering oath regulation. More details should be out by next wednesday (04/12).

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
You are almost there @forw.jane.

This is the standard reply we all got sadly. I think @88civic got latest reply with 8 weeks info since he had received earlier message of 12 weeks.

Not sure but I think giving them a nudge is the only thing that is going to help here. My update was ~3 weeks after I got the reply(email sent on March 7th and updated Oath on March 31st).

Reactions: forw.jane

Amilcar.Bar

Apr 3, 2023
Hi Gus, May 2022 application, decision made and LPP in November last year, sent email end of February, got an answer start of March asking to wait for 12 weeks. When I take a look at next ceremonies they're all in Mississauga, I really wanted to get to a ceremony in person but unfortunately it looks like it will be mostly a link to click. Hopefully i'm wrong !!

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hi Gus, May 2022 application, decision made and LPP in November last year, sent email end of February, got an answer start of March asking to wait for 12 weeks. When I take a look at next ceremonies they're all in Mississauga, I really wanted to get to a ceremony in person but unfortunately it looks like it will be mostly a link to click. Hopefully i'm wrong !!
where do you see the ceremonies? I click on this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList
and it throws error:
Sorry your search criteria returned no results.