+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Yesss ! That’s exactly what I meant ! Sorry about the confusion ! I am wishing you all the best of luck ! One piece of advice ( if everything is completed and you are just waiting for oath ) please don’t be shy to email them !
I think few folks here sent them email and got standard reply that they are backlogged and we should hear something in 12 weeks.

I hope they move files quickly.

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Yesss ! That’s exactly what I meant ! Sorry about the confusion ! I am wishing you all the best of luck ! One piece of advice ( if everything is completed and you are just waiting for oath ) please don’t be shy to email them !
So your ceremony is special meet? Or many many people oath together? I remember it has three ceremony today

yougar

May 22, 2019
I think few folks here sent them email and got standard reply that they are backlogged and we should hear something in 12 weeks.

I hope they move files quickly.
That’s exciting ! I sent an email back in early February ! They replied on feb 28th telling me about the 12 weeks ! Two weeks after the email ( the 9th ) I saw the oath on my tracker for the 17th . I called since I didn’t receive my invitation and stressed the fact that it was one week prior to my citizenship ( the agent over the phone sent an urgent email to Ottawa explaining my scenario ) the 10th I received an email with my oath instructions .

Last edited:

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Thank you for following up on your application. We confirm that you are in queue for your Canadian citizenship ceremony.
However, due to the high volume of ceremonies to administer, please note that there is a delay between your test and ceremony.
Hence, you should be receiving a Notice to appear within 12 weeks for your ceremony.Please continue to monitor your email (including your “junk” or “spam” folder) for your notice to appear.

I got the same answer from Ottawa office
No choice just wait for 12 weeks

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Thank you for following up on your application. We confirm that you are in queue for your Canadian citizenship ceremony.
However, due to the high volume of ceremonies to administer, please note that there is a delay between your test and ceremony.
Hence, you should be receiving a Notice to appear within 12 weeks for your ceremony.Please continue to monitor your email (including your “junk” or “spam” folder) for your notice to appear.

I got the same answer from Ottawa office
No choice just wait for 12 weeks
dont know when does this 12 weeks window start. everyone gets same the same reply on different dates :)