+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Exactly on the same boat. I cant take this anymore especially when you see people who applied last year (March 2021) getting their oaths done. They should hire us to do all these applications we know the pain and suffering and I know we will do a better job.
Another aspect that drives me crazy is that people who applied a year after me, have already completed the process

Reactions: Dreamlad

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone recently received any Oath Ceremony email from Ottawa office? I see last one was in Feb.?
Applied May 2020, Test in Oct. DM in January and nothing after that. It is quite frustrated.
MP office contacted twice in last two months but still no update. I have also received a reply from ottawa office that my file is with officer and we need to wait.
Anyone has any other update please?

cana_cana

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
no update, same boat. DM in January and nothing since then. I applied in March 2020, 25months and still counting, hope this comes to an end soon. Ottawa office is the slowest.

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
I'm an Ottawa Sept 2020 applicant. Ottawa office did all the checks physical, background, etc and citizenship test. Then I received an oath invite on Apr 20 for May 4, the oath invite was from Niagara Falls office. I guess the Niagara Falls Office is handling some Ottawa files.

Boy_1234

Nov 28, 2017
I'm an Ottawa Sept 2020 applicant. Ottawa office did all the checks physical, background, etc and citizenship test. Then I received an oath invite on Apr 20 for May 4, the oath invite was from Niagara Falls office. I guess the Niagara Falls Office is handling some Ottawa files.
Congratulations! I think Niagara office handles some Ottawa applicant. When did you get DM?

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Has anyone recently received any Oath Ceremony email from Ottawa office? I see last one was in Feb.?
Applied May 2020, Test in Oct. DM in January and nothing after that. It is quite frustrated.
MP office contacted twice in last two months but still no update. I have also received a reply from ottawa office that my file is with officer and we need to wait.
Anyone has any other update please?
Our oath was March 9 and I remember someone else here had oath the following week. I believe last oath for Ottawa was last Wednesday in March.

Reactions: Orlaith
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
Wow! Congrats on getting your oath! May I ask if you citizenship test was from Niagara Falls Office as well, or was that invite from Ottawa? Just curious if you were withthe Niagara Falls office this whole time, or just the scheduling oath right at the end.

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
Wow! Congrats on getting your oath! May I ask if you citizenship test was from Niagara Falls Office as well, or was that invite from Ottawa? Just curious if you were withthe Niagara Falls office this whole time, or just the scheduling oath right at the end.
Citizenship test was from Ottawa office and DM was ~2 weeks after test completed. My guess is my file was with Ottawa office up until DM then got transferred to Niagara Falls for oath scheduling...

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
Finally, today we got our oath date for next week,but there’s no update in the new tracker and the ceremony is with niagara falls office, my question is we are travelling on May 17th, can i ask for an urgent pick up of the certificate so we can apply for the passport?( Me and My husband)?
Dossier:Mars 2020
AR: Sept 2020
BG: Janv 2021
Test: Janv 2022
DM: fevrier 2022
Urgent process: 30 Mars 2022
Oath email: April 25

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Finally, today we got our oath date for next week,but there’s no update in the new tracker and the ceremony is with niagara falls office, my question is we are travelling on May 17th, can i ask for an urgent pick up of the certificate so we can apply for the passport?( Me and My husband)?
Dossier:Mars 2020
AR: Sept 2020
BG: Janv 2021
Test: Janv 2022
DM: fevrier 2022
Urgent process: 30 Mars 2022
Oath email: April 25
Congrats! You can check in previous posts but I believe Ottawa applicants being processed by Niagara office can’t pick up certificates like those in Ottawa. There was recently someone here who did their oath in March or April with Niagara.

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
Today my citizenship test changed to completed! so far I have background check and citizenship competed only.

what's the next step??