+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
The real stumper is why are waiting for an oath ceremony at all, it is a huge waste of time when it could be done by signature at any point in the process.
Whilst I agree that getting confirmation you are a citizen and then the ability to obtain a passport should be separated out from the actual oath ceremony, to classify the ceremony as a "huge waste of time" clearly you have missed it's importance from a tradition, historic and respect point of view to the country you are now becoming a citizen of.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
I was hoping that after completing the test this month (Dec 2020) applicant it was a sign of happy days ahead. Seems to me that I could be stuck waiting for oath invite for another 6 months+

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Whilst I agree that getting confirmation you are a citizen and then the ability to obtain a passport should be separated out from the actual oath ceremony, to classify the ceremony as a "huge waste of time" clearly you have missed it's importance from a tradition, historic and respect point of view to the country you are now becoming a citizen of.
I agree that the ceremony is by no way a waste of time, but waiting almost 6 months for the oath invite is too much, I understand why many people (including myself) are desperated.

gordinho

Mar 20, 2021
I got invitation for online test in April but I am traveling in august and need a passport. Seems unlikely they'd schedule oath before august right?

Awais_ch

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
I got invitation for online test in April but I am traveling in august and need a passport. Seems unlikely they'd schedule oath before august right?
You never know, but most of us are waiting. I passed test in October and everything is completed in January but waiting for oath since January 20th.

Reactions: gordinho

waltsdog

Jun 23, 2017
Well thanks for the lovely passive aggressive reply implying my thoughts make me unworthy of being a citizen. I haven't missed a thing, or do you mean the 'tradition', 'history' and 'respect' of unceded land, residential schools etc. etc.

If you like pointless pageantry then knock yourself out, some of us have better things to do and don't buy into that nonsense.

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
I am waiting for the Oath invite but I plan to stay a few weeks outside of Canada, would that be possible or will it put an additional delay on the application?

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
I am waiting for the Oath invite but I plan to stay a few weeks outside of Canada, would that be possible or will it put an additional delay on the application?
When did you pass the test and when did every thing change to completed except for oarth.

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
February 15th
If everything continues the way it's been, I would say you have a good 3 to 6 months to get oath scheduled. Some people have had all completed since November and no oath invite yet.

Ottawa usually takes around 5-6 months to send out invites (even more for others) after all completed. Things may change though and may have an invite earlier, in that case I would suggest flying back to do the oath. Pushing your oath means more delays.

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
Well thanks for the lovely passive aggressive reply implying my thoughts make me unworthy of being a citizen. I haven't missed a thing, or do you mean the 'tradition', 'history' and 'respect' of unceded land, residential schools etc. etc.

If you like pointless pageantry then knock yourself out, some of us have better things to do and don't buy into that nonsense.
Not at all passive aggressive - if I wanted to be aggressive in my response I would have been but there is no need.

You called it a waste of time, I am pointing out that in my opinion I disagree.

If you feel that strongly about what's happened in the past, then why choose Canada?