Physical presence follow up letter August 12 - replied via mail August 17

• Wow
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also do you get it in the regular community mailbox? or they give you a key for the larger mail compartment?
Regular community mailbox. Brown letter size envelope with the words "DO NOT BEND" written on it

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great. Thank you so much. I am in Kanata so I might expect some delay then :D
Good luck.. Soon Don't worry. If you want, you can call passports Canada to make an appointment to do your passports. they will give you at least 2 weeks for the next available appointment. Much better to do it in person so you don't have to send the original documents by mail and wait for them to get back mail. In person, they will scan the documents while you're there so they will give you the documents back.

Oct 4, 2021
Good luck.. Soon Don't worry. If you want, you can call passports Canada to make an appointment to do your passports. they will give you at least 2 weeks for the next available appointment. Much better to do it in person so you don't have to send the original documents by mail and wait for them to get back mail. In person, they will scan the documents while you're there so they will give you the documents back.
This sounds great. Thank you so much. I planned to go walk in but better if I can have appointment in advance.

Reactions: Doda

Nadine_Ottawa

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Anyone here from 2019 applicants?

Wife:
Application Received on July 10, 2019
AOR received September 27, 2019
Started processing on November 18, 2019
FP requested on December 2, 2019
Citizenship Test done on February 6, 2020

Husband:
Application Received on July 26, 2019
AOR received October 16, 2019
Started processing on November 19, 2019
FP requested on February 4, 2020
Citizenship Test done on February 13, 2020
Physical presence follow up letter August 12 - replied via mail August 17
Yes we’re also 2019 applicants - December 2019 and no update since test in May.

Reactions: Ottawa-applicant

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Funny, you speak of personal body choice in context of public health, when the regulators themselves say vaccine doesn't prevent the spread. Then the vaccinated don't really have to worry about the unvaccinated. Being unvacccinated hasn't prevented a child from attending school, why doesn't the same apply to the federal government employees? Infact, the other part of your grievance about slow processing will be further exacerbated if new hires replace the existing unvaccinated federal employees as they take time to get trained and get integrated into the process.
Ontario schools require students to be vaccinated to attend school [search google]. It's a body choice, but you are still not getting the picture right. You also have some misinformation: vaccinated people are 5-6x less likely to spread the virus. Anyway, regarding the delay, you are right, but this temporary delay would be compensated later on when employees are trained and work in full capacity. With the current situation, processing times are expected to reach 3 years if not more. The backlog is huge to be cleared quickly while working on limited capacity.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Ontario schools require students to be vaccinated to attend school [search google]. It's a body choice, but you are still not getting the picture right. You also have some misinformation: vaccinated people are 5-6x less likely to spread the virus. Anyway, regarding the delay, you are right, but this temporary delay would be compensated later on when employees are trained and work in full capacity. With the current situation, processing times are expected to reach 3 years if not more. The backlog is huge to be cleared quickly while working on limited capacity.

That's the problem . 'Google' is a tech company and has tailor made algorithms to show the search results. Look up vaccine exemptions in Ontario: 'https://www.ontario.ca/page/vaccines-children-school#exemptions'. It's not misinformation, the interpretations can be skewed by being selective. Let's talk about your figure that vaccinated people are '5-6x' less likely to spread the virus. How do you know how broad or narrow is their participant base? How do you know if the subjects include the people who already caught covid and recovered and then got a jab ? It's a confounding variable. What about the unvaccinated control group. Do the subjects have same inclusion / exclusion criteria barring the vaccine part? How about other confounding variables? Without considering any of these throwing a number doesn't make much sense. I deal with clinical data day in day out as a part of my job. Big companies and governments are always tight. If there is money to be made by the companies, government makes laws to suit them. That's true for all federal governments. That's why you find bureaucrats working on pharmaceutical companies advisory boards. That being said, I wish IRCC mends their ways with regards to processing time.

Last edited:

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa people.. I just came back from apply for my passport. Word of advice, don't go to the passport office without an appointment. All the walk-ins were stranded for hours before and after I left. I think most of them were turned away by the end. If you go there with an appointment, don't wait in the outside line and tell the security guard that you have an appointment, they should let you in right away. Also, be prepared for an hour of waiting after you meet the first officer.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Ottawa people.. I just came back from apply for my passport. Word of advice, don't go to the passport office without an appointment. All the walk-ins were stranded for hours before and after I left. I think most of them were turned away by the end. If you go there with an appointment, don't wait in the outside line and tell the security guard that you have an appointment, they should let you in right away. Also, be prepared for an hour of waiting after you meet the first officer.
That's well written. I had a very similar experience at the Meadowland location when I went in last week of August for my minor's passport. Quite a few people lined up with no appointment. The ones with appointment were let in almost immediately. The only difference is, with my pre booked appointment I was done in 20 minutes.

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
That's well written. I had a very similar experience at the Meadowland location when I went in last week of August for my minor's passport. Quite a few people lined up with no appointment. The ones with appointment were let in almost immediately. The only difference is, with my pre booked appointment I was done in 20 minutes.
Good to know, I am still waiting for my certificate

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa