+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
You applied a few months after me and I’m still waiting on next steps. :) we applied Dec 2019 and nothing since the test in May.
I am just at a total lost as to what the 'system' is. I am pretty sure some people move through the process in a couple of months. You must be so frustrated. The only 'silver lining' is that you have the test behind you. And eventually..... you will have your oath. I am afraid my file has been dropped behind a filing cabinet somewhere.....

• Sad
Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello fellow Ottawans,

I am not sure if you have seen this report but IRCC is messed up. It is projected to have 485k files in backlog :eek:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPJW0MKT3-HkynGtOsnPynhicLjpYTu/view

For Ottawa office this will be 15k files in the backlog. For the month June 2021 it has processed 566 files so to clear that backlog based on the current processing time that will be 26.5 months. That is close the processing time in the report from received to decision made is is 22 months for Ottawa so the difference of 4 month out of the 26 could be the wait for the oath.

Another shocking quote form page 38 from the report , it provides recommendation to focus on paper application to reduce backlog and to stop prioriting online applications

I think their goal is to maintain the 2-3 year processing time for paper applications until they fully switch to online and this 2-3 year processing time is not something abnormal for IRCC, back in 2015 that was the actual processing time until they eliminated the backlogs.

At the begining of covid someone posted in this form that there is possiblity that our applications will get returned similar to what happened in 2015 when Skilled workers PR applications that were sitting for 5-7 years were all returned and their fees get refunded. I laughed so hard and said that is not possible with a citizenship application, but I am starting to realize that this could be a possibility with such half a million backlog, may in best case scenario they may say reapply online.
@Camelboy you have such patience to be able to extrapolate that from the slides! This is probably the most distressing thing I have read in a long time. I am a May 2020 'forgotten' applicant. I thought for sure I would have it all sorted out by now. What is your situation again?

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
I got invitation for my oath. Its on 29th of sep
Congratulations!
We have a very similar timeline, Applied in Jan 2020, Test updated to completed on July 15th 2021, Ottawa location and I have Prohibition, Residence and Language still In Progress. Most certainly, different officers assigned to our cases.

Reactions: carol90

carol90

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Congratulations!
We have a very similar timeline, Applied in Jan 2020, Test updated to completed on July 15th 2021, Ottawa location and I have Prohibition, Residence and Language still In Progress. Most certainly, different officers assigned to our cases.
I think they are trying to clear the backlogs, so yours should be anytime soon, stay positive

Reactions: Wandering Mind

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
March 2020 applicant waiting for test invite.
This is super frustrating, there are so many cases where applicants from 2021 have received their test and oath invites while a lot of the people (some even from 2019) are still waiting.