+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
NOBODYLIKEME said:
Thanks Zoya. You look like being worried about application processing and file transfer, the same as me...... :(
Yes its true.

Not eeven one single April/march applicant from Ottawa has received any good news as yet. Other offices are working relatively fast.

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
Hi all Ottawa friends,

Here is my new update:
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 28, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5.We sent you a notice on August 6, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

So nervous, can't wait ......

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi, I applied with my family - 2 adults and 2 kids on Jan 12, ecase says processing, luckily I check mail, got letter to appear in test in Ottawa on 26 August . I'd appreciate if people recently appeared in test in Ottawa share following info.

- my wife and I will be interviewed together or separately ? Asking because should I make one supporting documents file or separate ?
- should I carry more supporting documents in anticipation of questions? We have done some travelling back home and to US by land.
I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
- is test Multiple choice question?
- where can I find sample test?
- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant? Thanks

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
FAS said:
Hi, I applied with my family - 2 adults and 2 kids on Jan 12, ecase says processing, luckily I check mail, got letter to appear in test in Ottawa on 26 August . I'd appreciate if people recently appeared in test in Ottawa share following info.

- my wife and I will be interviewed together or separately ? Asking because should I make one supporting documents file or separate ?
- should I carry more supporting documents in anticipation of questions? We have done some travelling back home and to US by land.
I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
CONGRATS !!! Did "line of transfer to local office' appear in your e-cas?

Watu

Jul 9, 2015
sirine1 said:
Decision made for me
:p :p :p
Did my test last Friday August 14 and today decision made . I am so so happy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congratulation sirine1 ... I am happy for you and I hope that you receive the oath letter very soon. My friend took the test on the same day as yours, and there is no change in the application status yet.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Watu said:
Congratulation sirine1 ... I am happy for you and I hope that you receive the oath letter very soon. My friend took the test on the same day as yours, and there is no change in the application status yet.
Thank you Watu ;D what the timeline in Ottawa to get the oath letter after decision is made ?

ThanK you

Sirine

Watu

Jul 9, 2015
sirine1 said:
Thank you Watu ;D what the timeline in Ottawa to get the oath letter after decision is made ?

ThanK you

Sirine
These days; I belief it is 4-6 weeks for Ottawa

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sirine1 said:
That would be great . Thank you ;D
Anyone from July ottawa test writers received their oath invite?
Thank you in advance guys, just trying to get the timeline :)

OrangeCup

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
OrangeCup said:
Anyone from July ottawa test writers received their oath invite?
Thank you in advance guys, just trying to get the timeline :)

OrangeCup
I did my test August 14 and decision made on E Cas August 17 . Nothing yet . Anyone from August testers get anything ? When do we expect to receive the letter ? I need to travel for 12 days in September .

Thanks

Sirine

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We sent you a notice on August 20, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAS said:

FAS, my answers in italic

From what I've seen the family were interviewed together

I brought everything with me (passport, TM4s, NOA, proof of employment, transcript) but was only asked for passport. I consider it's better be safe than sorry

- I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
From what I've read on this forum it is no necessary to bring kinds with you, just bring their docs.

Multiple choice and True/False

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz also, i downloaded few free apps on my iPhone. Just search for Canadian Citizenship test in the app store. Don't pay for any though, they are all the same free and not free.

- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant?
The stuff at 200 Catherine is very helpful, I arrived maybe 30 mins prior and just watched them welcoming everyone. They do a great job at putting people at ease. Test is easy if you read the book. Do not stress out and read the questions carefully. You have 30 mins, and maybe need 5-10 realistically. You need to pass at least 15 out of 20 and you will do it easily if you read the book few times. The interview is rather relaxed as well. Try to not answer just Yes and No as the interviewer is also watching for your knowledge of English/French, but try not to bubble either :) Overall, relax and enjoy. Good luck tomorrow!

OrangeCup