+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Whats the timelines for Ottawa now a days?

All these 10 months, 11 months, 1 year - start from AOR or date application sent?

How does it look for Ottawa, in general?

App sent to AOR: ~45 to 50 days
AOR to e-Case Active: ???
eCase Active to In Process: ???
In Process to Local Office Transfer: ???
Local Office Xfer to Test: ???
Test to Oath: ???

Am I missing any step?

Messi

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Whats the timelines for Ottawa now a days?

All these 10 months, 11 months, 1 year - start from AOR or date application sent?

How does it look for Ottawa, in general?

AOR to e-Case Active: ???
eCase Active to In Process: ???
In Process to Local Office Transfer: ???
Local Office Xfer to Test: ???
Test to Oath: ???

Am I missing any step?
You almost know how the process goes, but I wanna add that Ottawa is very slow as well as unexpected.
I guess it takes a year from the day you sent the application.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Messi said:
You almost know how the process goes, but I wanna add that Ottawa is very slow as well as unexpected.
I totally agree. Ottawa is the slowest. Sometimes it takes more than one year.

Good luck

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
Messi said:
How do you want to split that 1 year into buckets? for eg., it use to consistently take 3 months or more from test to oath - that's last year. this year, it has dropped down averaging from 6 weeks to 10 days. So, lets say average of 1 month.

AOR to e-Case Active:
eCase Active to In Process:
In Process to Local Office Transfer:
Local Office Xfer to Test:
Test to Oath: 1 month

What about the rest?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Sorry, but I dont agree with this statement. They had 12 ceremonies last week, and many others this week. At the same time they are reviewing many other applications and scheduling test dates.

I know that we can easily get frustrated for the waiting, but we have also to understand that the merit of the Canadian citizenship lays in granting it to the people who has been properly cleared and have followed all the rules. You know your case, and I know my case, but they have to properly assess each one from scratch.

regards

Merosara said:
Like everything in Ottawa, the local office is run by lazy incompetent bureaucrats.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venecolano said:
Sorry, but I dont agree with this statement. They had 12 ceremonies last week, and many others this week. At the same time they are reviewing many other applications and scheduling test dates.

I know that we can easily get frustrated for the waiting, but we have also to understand that the merit of the Canadian citizenship lays in granting it to the people who has been properly cleared and have followed all the rules. You know your case, and I know my case, but they have to properly assess each one from scratch.

regards
How do you know there are many ceremonies this week? I see only one and then there is nothing till the end of July.

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
I had my ceremony on Tuesday, there were at least two at my place. There I talked to one of the CIC offices. For July the 1st there will be one at the Museum of History, one in St Catherine street and two more in Kingston.

lawabiden said:
How do you know there are many ceremonies this week? I see only one and then there is nothing till the end of July.

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venecolano said:
I had my ceremony on Tuesday, there were at least two at my place. There I talked to one of the CIC offices. For July the 1st there will be one at the Museum of History, one in St Catherine street and two more in Kingston.
Did you see that this is Ottawa applicants?

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Of course. I am talking about Ottawa. Ottawa office also reviews applicants from Kingston. When I talk about St Catherine street I am referring to CIC offices in Ottawa and when I am talking about the Canadian History Museum, I am referring to the ancient Museum of Civilization in Hull.

lawabiden said:
Did you see that this is Ottawa applicants?

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
venecolano said:
Of course. I am talking about Ottawa. Ottawa office also reviews applicants from Kingston. When I talk about St Catherine street I am referring to CIC offices in Ottawa and when I am talking about the Canadian History Museum, I am referring to the ancient Museum of Civilization in Hull.
Good to know that you are that intelligent and have knowledge about "St Catherine street " in Ottawa! Thanks for the information.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
How do you want to split that 1 year into buckets? for eg., it use to consistently take 3 months or more from test to oath - that's last year. this year, it has dropped down averaging from 6 weeks to 10 days. So, lets say average of 1 month.

AOR to e-Case Active:
eCase Active to In Process:
In Process to Local Office Transfer:
Local Office Xfer to Test:
Test to Oath: 1 month

What about the rest?
I can only speak for myself...
App sent to AOR: 91 days
AOR to e-Case Active: 4 days
eCase Active to In Process: 85 days
In Process to Local Office Transfer: 36 days
Local Office Xfer to Test: still waiting...
Test to Oath: still waiting...

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Well folks, it's been a great ride so far, and the journey has only begun. Finally a Canadian citizen and can't thank this forum enough.

I'll pop by every now and then, but not as often. Good luck to everyone :)

Ottawa2015

Apr 2, 2015
Hi I am Ottawa Jan 2015 applicant.
Application received Jan 26
AOR March 20
In process June 23
Now waiting for transfer to Ottawa office.
Thank you and good luck to all.