+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Woohoo me too! I got an invite to write the test on May 14. Maybe I'll see you there!
Congratulations

Keep posting your updates.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Ottawans,

I have complied the data below. It includes the names, test taking dates and oath dates. Hope this helps us track our applications .
Name Test Date Oath Date
suze_h 26 February 2015 25 March 2015
hht March, 2015
zsha March, 2015 30 March 2015
om saif 5 March 2015
dav3000 21 March 2015
venecolano 28 April 2015
Tamara_ 30 April 2015
ottawaResident 14 May 2015

Correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck

T

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
i am happy to say that i am a Canadian citizen now :) :) :) :) thank God and good luck to you all.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
hi,
i am happy to say that i am a Canadian citizen now :) :) :) :) thank God and good luck to you all.

Congratulations. Could you share your timeline regarding the test and the oath?

T

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
om saif said:
hi,
Glad to hear that... Congratulations...
It's a great feeling after all that you went thru at the interview... Well deserved... And less than 2 months after test I suppose...

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes :) :) :) :) thank you so much. it was almost 48 days after the test. thank God, i could believe it when i received the letter.

boltz said:
Glad to hear that... Congratulations...
It's a great feeling after all that you went thru at the interview... Well deserved... And less than 2 months after test I suppose...

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friends applied august 13 and got her test 5 of may. they told her that the oath will be 4-6 weeks.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
one of my friends applied august 13 and got her test 5 of may. they told her that the oath will be 4-6 weeks.

They told me to wait 2-3 months. :'(

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
For those who have been thro test /interview already:

Do they take the test invite letter with the check list they send or is that envelope with the mentioned contents ours to keep ?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hi Guys,

For those in Ottawa who have had test and interview, can you share your experience with some details..also advice on oath etc ?

Thanx guys...

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do not take my experience as it was not that good. i wish others help you. the oath is really fast these days, some people received the letter 2-4 weeks after the test.
when did you apply? have you received the test invitation?

us2yow said:
Hi Guys,

For those in Ottawa who have had test and interview, can you share your experience with some details..also advice on oath etc ?

Thanx guys...

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
us2yow said:
Hi Guys,

Thanx guys...
Sure!

7.45 - Drive over to the center. Friend lives very close it was easy, since I stayed at her place.
8.10 - Arrive after heavy traffic and go into building
8.12 - Waiting in line in the CIC office. Lady checked my PR card, invite letter, and told me to go sit in the test room
8.15 - This was the test time indicated on the paper, and I was inside the room by this time
8.20 - Lady comes in and starts reading rules and regulations for 10 minutes, in both English and French. She also answered some questions people had.
8.28 - Test is handed out, and we have to keep them upside down
8.30 - Test starts
8.34 - I walk out of the room, having finished the test and go sit in the waiting room.
8.40 - I get called to the interview booth

Interview details:
1. CIC officer greets me. Congratulates me that I got 20/20 on my test. Asks me for my two pieces of ID, PR card, and COPR form.
2. She gives them back to me and asked for my passport.
3. One by one, she goes through the passport to check the times spent outside of Canada.
4. She skipped the ones that didn't have stamps - which were all the US exit and Canada entry/exit ones.
5. Hands me back my passport and asks some questions.
6. Questions asked: Do I have a criminal record, or had any trouble with the law? Do I have any family in Canada? Where is my family right now?
7. She then writes "no concerns" on the comment box in her form.
8. Tells me that she will be granting me citizenship, and that I should hear from them within 1-3 months about the ceremony.
9. I say Thank you and goodbye!
10. I have the biggest grin on my face.

8.55 - The grin continues as I exit the room, get into my car.
9.00 - Exit the parking lot

Soooooo close, I can taste it :)

Hope this helped.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Sure!

7.45 - Drive over to the center. Friend lives very close it was easy, since I stayed at her place.
8.10 - Arrive after heavy traffic and go into building
8.12 - Waiting in line in the CIC office. Lady checked my PR card, invite letter, and told me to go sit in the test room
8.15 - This was the test time indicated on the paper, and I was inside the room by this time
8.20 - Lady comes in and starts reading rules and regulations for 10 minutes, in both English and French. She also answered some questions people had.
8.28 - Test is handed out, and we have to keep them upside down
8.30 - Test starts
8.34 - I walk out of the room, having finished the test and go sit in the waiting room.
8.40 - I get called to the interview booth

Interview details:
1. CIC officer greets me. Congratulates me that I got 20/20 on my test. Asks me for my two pieces of ID, PR card, and COPR form.
2. She gives them back to me and asked for my passport.
3. One by one, she goes through the passport to check the times spent outside of Canada.
4. She skipped the ones that didn't have stamps - which were all the US exit and Canada entry/exit ones.
5. Hands me back my passport and asks some questions.
6. Questions asked: Do I have a criminal record, or had any trouble with the law? Do I have any family in Canada? Where is my family right now?
7. She then writes "no concerns" on the comment box in her form.
8. Tells me that she will be granting me citizenship, and that I should hear from them within 1-3 months about the ceremony.
9. I say Thank you and goodbye!
10. I have the biggest grin on my face.

8.55 - The grin continues as I exit the room, get into my car.
9.00 - Exit the parking lot

Soooooo close, I can taste it :)

Hope this helped.
Congratulations. Keep posting your updates.