+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ottawa applicants

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that they are still doing my background check. I had occasions where I had to the court last year. do you think this will affect the pace of the whole process?

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamara_ said:
I think that they are still doing my background check. I had occasions where I had to the court last year. do you think this will affect the pace of the whole process?
did appearing in court, merit you answering 'yes' to some of the questions in the application form with regards to the portion about convictions etc?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, i hate to say that while you are experiencing the most happiest moment ever. however, i want to tell you what i think. if i have been scheduled for my oath, i would have been told in my call with the cic. i think that the lady put my file in the drawer as she knew that everything is fine. so, i may wait six months, the maximum, to hear something. i am thinking of contacting my MP but after your advise.

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
guys, i hate to say that while you are experiencing the most happiest moment ever. however, i want to tell you what i think. if i have been scheduled for my oath, i would have been told in my call with the cic. i think that the lady put my file in the drawer as she knew that everything is fine. so, i may wait six months, the maximum, to hear something. i am thinking of contacting my MP but after your advise.
i called cic this morning and they said it is still in process and i wasn't scheduled for the oath yet, two hours later i found the invitation letter in the mailbox. i would say call them tomorrow, i bet they sent you your invitation.

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
hht said:
i called cic this morning and they said it is still in process and i wasn't scheduled for the oath yet, two hours later i found the invitation letter in the mailbox. i would say call them tomorrow, i bet they sent you your invitation.
I agree with hht- they did not want to tell me about my file this morning- just said that my file will be approved when i take the oath- dah ???... then i insisted that they checked the last notes on my file- tht's when they told me.

i am pretty sure that if i had called again, i would ve got the "in process" answer.

Try calling them on Friday again if you do not hear anything. they are having many ceremonies in March and they have not yet posted for April sessions.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i appreciate it guys, you always give me hope. may Allaah give you happiness, health, and wealth.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nothing in my mail or e-case. so, i am out of march ceremonies. i wish they post April so, if no letters ten day from the first ceremony, i will contact my MP.

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
nothing in my mail or e-case. so, i am out of march ceremonies. i wish they post April so, if no letters ten day from the first ceremony, i will contact my MP.
contact the MP for what ? you're not being reasonable. the officer told you 3 to 5 months and its been 3 weeks only.
Om saif relax. don't complicate your case. there are Ottawa applicants who applied in March and April of 2014 and they didn't get their test invitation yet.

eagle54

Feb 17, 2015
om saif said:
you are just being impatient, paranoid and downright unreasonable.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i agree with you but some of June test takers were told 2-5 and got it in two weeks. it means that they have spots in their ceremonies. i am thinking that nothing wrong and my file is perfect, why to be late?

hht said:
contact the MP for what ? you're not being reasonable. the officer told you 3 to 5 months and its been 3 weeks only.
Om saif relax. don't complicate your case. there are Ottawa applicants who applied in March and April of 2014 and they didn't get their test invitation yet.

eagle54

Feb 17, 2015
om saif said:
i agree with you but some of June test takers were told 2-5 and got it in two weeks. it means that they have spots in their ceremonies. i am thinking that nothing wrong and my file is perfect, why to be late?
if you think your application if perfect, then why are you panicking?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it seems from your reply that you are really oppressed from the answers you got here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/best-month-to-apply-for-citizenship-t271096.0.html;msg4046105#msg4046105
so, you are trying to oppress others. go relax first before talking to others and insult them.

eagle54 said:
you are just being impatient, paranoid and downright unreasonable.

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
How much time do they give you to appear for a test?