Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
zsha said:
No, the last time i called- may be last week or 2 weeks back- it was in sydney. Based on what i have seen on the forum- it takes usually 7 mths after in process to get the test letter. so most probably after Jan.

That's right ....the test invitation usually takes 6 to 8 months from the processing date, depends on your local office.

Good luck guys

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from the processing :eek: :eek: :eek:

OTTAWA2013 said:
That's right ....the test invitation usually takes 6 to 8 months from the processing date, depends on your local office.

Good luck guys

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
om saif said:
from the processing :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unfortunately YES, i had the In process on Feb,7 and the test on Sep,8 so it was 7 months

some other applicant's also from Ottawa office was 6 months

I hope yours will be sooner

Good luck!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks dear.best of luck to you as well

OTTAWA2013 said:
Unfortunately YES, i had the In process on Feb,7 and the test on Sep,8 so it was 7 months

some other applicant's also from Ottawa office was 6 months

I hope yours will be sooner

Good luck!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok, one of may applicant was told by an agent that his file is in the local office and that they are doing background checks now. i thought only Sydney does that. so, i will order another atip report in order to understand what stage my file in.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine applied in May. He is yet to get a test invite. As for me, I am moving to Toronto so it seems I will be changing my address.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good for you. ottawa is.... :mad:
dav3000 said:
A friend of mine applied in May. He is yet to get a test invite. As for me, I am moving to Toronto so it seems I will be changing my address.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friends applied in December 2013 and got the test in may 2014 and the oath in July. so, there is hope to have our tests very soon.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, any news?
i think if all our files are in the local office, we will have something soon inshaallah.

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
om saif said:
hi guys, any news?
i think if all our files are in the local office, we will have something soon inshaallah.
Have you received you test invitation ? or your file been transferred.
What about the ATIP file ?

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello Ottawa member's

Hope everyone still waiting to hear about his/her test & Oath will have a good news coming his way very soon

I just wanted to share something weird i realized on the CIC website As the Ottawa office location is No longer available on the Ceremonies List
as we were able before to search by location or by the city for upcoming ceremony now Ottawa is not even there!!!
Now you can't even search by Ottawa , Only Ontario and Ottawa is not listed under Ontario's Locations :eek:

What do you guys think about that ?

Good luck everyone!!!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for sharing. i noticed that three days ago and thought that no upcoming ceremonies are available ??? ?????!! i think you have followed the website for a while, did it happen before? what do you think ???

OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello Ottawa member's

Hope everyone still waiting to hear about his/her test & Oath will have a good news coming his way very soon

I just wanted to share something weird i realized on the CIC website As the Ottawa office location is No longer available on the Ceremonies List
as we were able before to search by location or by the city for upcoming ceremony now Ottawa is not even there!!!
Now you can't even search by Ottawa , Only Ontario and Ottawa is not listed under Ontario's Locations :eek:

What do you guys think about that ?

Good luck everyone!!!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
om saif said:
thank you for sharing. i noticed that three days ago and thought that no upcoming ceremonies are available ??? ?????!! i think you have followed the website for a while, did it happen before? what do you think ???

Honestly i'm Not sure what to think , but i know it never happened before, this is the first time
I used to be able to search by the city so Ottawa for example, and even if there was no upcoming ceremonies you'd still be able to see Ottawa listed with the rest of Ontario location's, but this is really weird

I hope it's just because a new Update or something of the sort

Good luck guys

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wish that too. thanks dear for your help. it is your first Christmas as a Canadian, so enjoy it :)

OTTAWA2013 said:
Honestly i'm Not sure what to think , but i know it never happened before, this is the first time
I used to be able to search by the city so Ottawa for example, and even if there was no upcoming ceremonies you'd still be able to see Ottawa listed with the rest of Ontario location's, but this is really weird

I hope it's just because a new Update or something of the sort

Good luck guys

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess they will just treat Ottawa, as other cities that doesn't have ceremonies...
You're simply appointed to the nearest office (to your home address).

This could be a good or bad news...
Good news, as may be other offices might be faster, or has more manpower.
Could be a bad news, since its an overload over whatever the nearest office is,
and we don't know how much resources they have there (unless if they transferred Ottawa force to that office!)

Its strange that the Capital & 4th biggest city in Canada, has no ceremony office!

My next guesses are:
A- Website glitch and will be corrected.
B- They don't have ceremonies till February/2015, hence removed from the list till they have something.
C- They are doing renovations & painting, and can't take ceremonies anymore :D

Out of curiosity... why Saskatchewan has no ceremonies at all?
no immigrants there? :)
also Territories like Yukon & Nunavut...

well, lets wait and see :)