hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsha said:
Hi Guys,

Just done with my test and interview.

The test is very easy. If u read the whole book once,you will be fine.My test started around 8.30- we were done in less than 5 mins and we both got 20/20. The interview also was less than 5 mins for me and my wife- the lady was very nice and she just confirmed where i was working and same question to my wife and did not even ask about my travels.

I was done by 9am.

She said we will get the invitation within 2-5 months as we do not have a judge here.

Those websites definitely helped but definitely recommend reading the book thoroughly.

All the bests.
Congrats my friend.

hht

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i did my test today. i got 20/20. the test was very easy. the interview was less than five minutes. just asked for my PR and quickly browsed my passport.

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
congrats...
how long u ve to wait for aoth?
Mine is 2-5 mths
12om3 1-3 mths
suze_h 1-2 mths

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Looks like the June 2014 people who got the letter and book in the regular mail (and NOT email AOR) now had a test. The Email AOR people are still waiting for tests.

But also most email AORs started sometime in July 2014 and later. Hopefully, July 2014 and later start hearing in the next month or so...

Guess the Ottawa office is busy a good chunk of time in March with oath ceremonies as well..

cocoottawa

Aug 8, 2014
Hello,

after last minute change on my work , I was able today the 4th of mars to come at the OTTAWA CIC office for the review of the original documents I submitted in support of my application, as well as all passports.No test because I'm 56.

The officer was really nice : he asked permanent resident card, passports, I gave a CBSA report He found very useful, talked a little about my teaching activities... and that's it.
He finally said all the pieces are ok, and I will receive the Oath invitation on 3 months.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passed my test today but i had a very hard time in my interview.the officer was an immigrant as us and she asked may be one hundred question.my interview took almost half an hour and everybody lift but me. i provided my Canada border report and a translation of my passport and she said she will read it at the office. i told her that my work covers four years not only three so, it is a very straight forward case but she did not stop asking. she said at the end every thing looks fine but she will go to the office and compare and recalculate and if everything is fine i will have test in 2-5 month. that means nothing as she did not confirm a case approval. i am sooooo disappointed and i do not deserve that as i have been working hard since i came here.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
passed my test today but i had a very hard time in my interview.the officer was an immigrant as us and she asked may be one hundred question.my interview took almost half an hour and everybody lift but me. i provided my Canada border report and a translation of my passport and she said she will read it at the office. i told her that my work covers four years not only three so, it is a very straight forward case but she did not stop asking. she said at the end every thing looks fine but she will go to the office and compare and recalculate and if everything is fine i will have test in 2-5 month. that means nothing as she did not confirm a case approval. i am sooooo disappointed and i do not deserve that as i have been working hard since i came here.
sorry to hear you had some difficulty today, but I guess its a mismatch of expectation vs reality. It seems that the interview portion and its result is a case by case basis...it should be fine at the end...good luck

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
om saif,

How many officers were there ? And how many people taking the test ?

Also do you mind telling us where you think the Officer who interviewed you might be from originally ?

Thanks..and hang in there..you are one step closer...

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
three officers and almost 20 test takers. i know i will inshaallaah reach the end one day but why to suffer if i am doing everything right.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Om saif,

Hang in there...all will be well.

By the way..you didn't answer this one --> Also do you mind telling us where you think the Officer who interviewed you might be from originally ?

You can be general in terms of what part of the world you think this person was from even though you may know they country. Just wondering that's all since you made the person sound tough (or was it the way you described it but she was otherwise pleasant and helpful ?)

Thanks for the response buddy..

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
Sorry to hear about your interview Om. I am pretty sure it will be alright.. Hang in there buddy

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i prefer not to tell. but she had an advanced attitude and i do not know why. i lift the country only once in the last four years and i am in full time job. she asked me about one stamp that i did not clarified and i said nooo way may be by mistake and then she looked at the calculation and found that i did clarify it. i lost my confidence because of her way of investigating me

us2yow said:
Om saif,

Hang in there...all will be well.

By the way..you didn't answer this one --> Also do you mind telling us where you think the Officer who interviewed you might be from originally ?

You can be general in terms of what part of the world you think this person was from even though you may know they country. Just wondering that's all since you made the person sound tough (or was it the way you described it but she was otherwise pleasant and helpful ?)

Thanks for the response buddy..

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks dear. i am really thinking of sending an email but not sure what to say, or order atip report.

zsha said:
Sorry to hear about your interview Om. I am pretty sure it will be alright.. Hang in there buddy

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Wow...interesting Om Saif

so are you saying she was mean and spoke down to you or intimidated you ? Or you felt like she was trying to treat you badly but in a sneaky way ?

It will be OK. Hang in there !

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may be this is her way of interviewing people but this way leads to more complications in our cases. in Canada's justice system there is a presumption that the person is Innocent until the opposite is proven. so, officers have to treat us the same way. i was treated us i am laying about my residency before saying one word. i argue that nobody can get confused about my application or suspect anything. that is why i am really upset

us2yow said:
Wow...interesting Om Saif

so are you saying she was mean and spoke down to you or intimidated you ? Or you felt like she was trying to treat you badly but in a sneaky way ?

It will be OK. Hang in there !