+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other Relatives> Timeframe

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
I'm sponsoring my sister who is bringing her husband and daughter under other relatives "Lonely Canadian". Sponsorship and PR application, both must be submitted at the same time. I'm my sister representative.
Currently there is not timeframe available for this type of application, sharing mine as follow:

Aug 23, 2019- Applications submitted (152 pages and family album)
Oct 01, 2019 - File#, UCI number assigned
Oct 23, 2019 - Sponsorship Approved - PR on process
Oct 23, 2019 - Extra information requested, Family information Sheet R11791 (1) h (no pdf form)
Oct 23, 2019 - Biometrics requested pdf, needs to be completed within 30 days of the letter date
Nov 02,2019- Medical Exams requested pdf, needs to be completed within 30 days of the letter date
Wish me luck! ;-)

Last edited:

Ophee

Jan 4, 2020
I'm sponsoring my sister who is bringing her husband and daughter under other relatives "Lonely Canadian". Sponsorship and PR application, both must be submitted at the same time. I'm my sister representative.
Currently there is not timeframe available for this type of application, sharing mine as follow:

Oct 23, 2019 - Extra information requested, Family information Sheet R11791 (1) h (no pdf form)
Oct 23, 2019 - Biometrics requested pdf, needs to be completed within 30 days of the letter date
Nov 02,2019- Medical Exams requested pdf, needs to be completed within 30 days of the letter date
Wish me luck! ;-)
Have your sister got the approval yet?
Do you filled the application it by yourself or using a lawyer/consultant?

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
Have your sister got the approval yet?
Do you filled the application it by yourself or using a lawyer/consultant?
App was approved, awaiting next step that should be police records)
I did all all by myself, no lawyer or consultant needed, all the requirements are in the IRCC's page

Ophee

Jan 4, 2020
App was approved, awaiting next step that should be police records)
I did all all by myself, no lawyer or consultant needed, all the requirements are in the IRCC's page
That's so good, congratulations
Your case is very encouraging, approval so quickly, as I see lots of posting or comments saying that this type of case is of low priority, normally required a long wait.
Do you mind if I message you to ask for your advice?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your case is very encouraging, approval so quickly, as I see lots of posting or comments saying that this type of case is of low priority, normally required a long wait.
Not necessarily low priority compared to other forms of non-spousal or dependent child sponsorship. It does take longer soyou should be planning for over a year. It is not a common application which is one of the issues.

Ophee

Jan 4, 2020
It's definitely not common, when I asked about it to an immigration consultant, he actually told me that it's "long been abolished, no longer exist anymore". So, I am wondering why it's still on the IRCC website. And he replied "Few things are still available on the website, that does not practically take place". That made me wonder. When I saw your post, I am happy to see that it might still be such option.
Your application seems quick, at least your sponsorship was approved in just 2 months time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's definitely not common, when I asked about it to an immigration consultant, he actually told me that it's "long been abolished, no longer exist anymore". So, I am wondering why it's still on the IRCC website. And he replied "Few things are still available on the website, that does not practically take place". That made me wonder. When I saw your post, I am happy to see that it might still be such option.
Your application seems quick, at least your sponsorship was approved in just 2 months time
If it wasn't available, it wouldn't be on the website.

Sponsor approval is a basic check of a few things, i.e. not on welfare, not bankrupt, not in default of previous undertaking etc. It generally only takes a few months and is NOT indicative of the actual processing time. The bulk of the processing has yet to happen.

Ophee

Jan 4, 2020
If it wasn't available, it wouldn't be on the website.

Sponsor approval is a basic check of a few things, i.e. not on welfare, not bankrupt, not in default of previous undertaking etc. It generally only takes a few months and is NOT indicative of the actual processing time. The bulk of the processing has yet to happen.
Ya, I thought so too, but why is he saying that. Well, seeing your approval confirmed that it exists

WantsPR@2020

Mar 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-10-2019
Doc's Request.
07-07-2021
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
File Transfer...
12-03-2020
Med's Request
27-02-2020
Med's Done....
14-03-2020

Wish me luck! ;-)
Hi, any updates on your application? I am being sponsored by my aunt, also falls on other relatives. It is not that common and I am having a hard time tracking my application. Hoping yours got approved already. :)

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
H
@Ophee Information is It's in IRCC and they keep the latest and updated information there, sponsoring other relatives it NOT "abolished". Do not always believe what an inexperienced Consultor says. My application indeed was processed/approved very fast, now it's taking a little longer due to Covid19, looks like IRCC is giving priority to the applicants inside Canada...patience is a gift :). Thanks for your good wishes, I can't wait for having my niece, sister and brother is law in Canada

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
Hi, any updates on your application? I am being sponsored by my aunt, also falls on other relatives. It is not that common and I am having a hard time tracking my application. Hoping yours got approved already. :)
Hi, nothing yet. You can check the status with the UCI Number provided or Application Number. Good luck! @WantsPR@2020

Last edited:

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
Sorry for the late reply, busy at work more thannever. Feel free to ask me any question ;-) @Ophee

Avlse

Oct 28, 2019
Not necessarily low priority compared to other forms of non-spousal or dependent child sponsorship. It does take longer soyou should be planning for over a year. It is not a common application which is one of the issues.
Last time I checked waiting time inside Canada was 18-22 months, @canuck78