+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other relative

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Friend can only apply to sponsor one sibling, so choose one and reapply.

This question was he asked in the web form, Their answer was yes both can apply. he faced almost two year process and rejection was on prior one year tax return. he confused on this point.
He can only sponsor one sibling if not minors and orphans so not sure why confused. Say you can sponsor ONLY ONE. The application was rightly refused. If he meets criteria, he can reapply for one sister only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Friend Applied for other relative to sponsor his Two Adult sisters, He got refusal letter. He has right to appeal but with helpful advise he is going to apply a new application. This question is regarding refund.

If you have signed and dated the request for a refund, please mail this letter to:
Case Processing Centre
P.O. Box 6100
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4H4

Include a copy of the refusal letter with this request. You should receive the refund within six weeks of notifying the Case Processing Centre. If you require further assistance, please telephone the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 and be prepared to quote your UCI number (indicated at the top of this letter) and your date of birth.
Sincerely,

But Canada Post reverted that letter and stated for address moved / unknown. Please help on this point.

Refusal Refund New Application Family Sponsorship
No point appealing. He was correctly refused.

He can sponsor one adult sister provided all of the following is true:
- he is single
- he has no children
- both parents are deceased
- he has no other family members in Canada (e.g. aunts, uncles).

No refund for refusals except RPRF.

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
Folk, I am not a immigration expert and I am totally agree with information that you shared. I also went through it.

But they did not mentioned this point in refusal letter. what they indicated, I am sharing with you.
He can only sponsor one sibling if not minors and orphans so not sure why confused. Say you can sponsor ONLY ONE. The application was rightly refused. If he meets criteria, he can reapply for one sister only.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html
They provided wrong information in the web form. Which were asked before application sent to them.

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
Folk I am not a immigration expert. I am totally agree with information that you provided. But why they did not mention in refusal letter. what they mentioned shared below for refusal.

Since your sponsor does not meet the requirement of section 133(1)(j)(i) of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am refusing your application pursuant to section 11(2)
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Folk, I am not a immigration expert and I am totally agree with information that you shared. I also went through it.

But they did not mentioned this point in refusal letter. what they indicated, I am sharing with you.

They provided wrong information in the web form. Which were asked before application sent to them.
It doesn't matter what they reply in the web form (I know it's upsetting).

But the rule is very clear and posted in their public website.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Folk I am not a immigration expert. I am totally agree with information that you provided. But why they did not mention in refusal letter. what they mentioned shared below for refusal.

Since your sponsor does not meet the requirement of section 133(1)(j)(i) of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations, I am refusing your application pursuant to section 11(2)
This refusal reason points to insufficient income on the part of the sponsor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Since your sponsor does not meet the requirement of Are they minors and orphans? of the Immigration
Right section 11(2):

If sponsor does not meet requirements

(2) The officer may not issue a visa or other document to a foreign national whose sponsor does not meet the sponsorship requirements of this Act.

IRCC doesn’t need to state why. If you order GCMS notes then you will know exact reasons.

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
It doesn't matter what they reply in the web form (I know it's upsetting).

But the rule is very clear and posted in their public website.
For him it is very hard his emotions are very high. anyways rules are rules. they are considering siblings a family unit like spouse.

He shared with me - Brother can sponsor his brother or Sister if he or she is married his or her whole family will automatically become permanent residence. It does not matter how many children they have under 18 year old.

I believe this information will be help to other.

Thanks

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
Right section 11(2):

If sponsor does not meet requirements

(2) The officer may not issue a visa or other document to a foreign national whose sponsor does not meet the sponsorship requirements of this Act.

IRCC doesn’t need to state why. If you order GCMS notes then you will know exact reasons.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For him it is very hard his emotions are very high. anyways rules are rules. they are considering siblings a family unit like spouse.

He shared with me - Brother can sponsor his brother or Sister if he or she is married his or her whole family will automatically become permanent residence. It does not matter how many children they have under 18 year old.

I believe this information will be help to other.

Thanks
It's true that they can sponsor ONE brother or sister and their families. They must have enough income to cover all of these individuals per LICO.

However the sponsor must also meet other requirements, namely:
- no children of their own
- single, no spouse or common law partner
- both parents deceased
- no other family members in Canada (aunts, uncles, cousins, other siblings, etc.)

Reactions: YVR123

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
It's true that they can sponsor ONE brother or sister and their families. They must have enough income to cover all of these individuals per LICO.

- both parents deceased
- no other family members in Canada (aunts, uncles, cousins, other siblings, etc.)
Great job.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives.html

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022
We shared this so that other can learn.

Linke - In a check list they did not mentioned that birth certificate of siblings and death certificate of parents are required.

CanadianGill

Sep 24, 2022

- both parents deceased
What to should i quote about your knowledge.

but thanks anyway.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Finally done with the process, sharing my timeline:

Application history

Nov 3, 2022 - Picked up Passport from VFS with Visa and COPR

Oct 28, 2022 - Passport Sent to VFS

Oct 26, 2022 - Passport Request in GCKEY

Oct 13, 2022 - Decision Made in ECAS
COPR Details appeared in the new Family PR Tracker

Oct 6, 2022 - Invitation to pre-arrival services
We sent you a message about free pre-arrival services that you can now use. These services are available to you before you arrive and are meant to help prepare for and adjust to life in Canada.

Oct 5, 2022 - Background verification activity status updated
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Oct 5, 2022 - Eligibility activity status updated
Eligibility status has been updated to Completed

Jul 21, 2022 - We received the birth registration/certificate you sent us.

Jul 21, 2022 - We received the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) you sent us.

Jul 19, 2022 - Eligibility activity status updated
Eligibility status has been updated to In progress

Jul 19, 2022 - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary. (Request for Birth Certificates of Sponsor and Principal Applicant, Death Certificates of Parents, Certificate of Marriage Search of Sponsor

Apr 4, 2022 - We received your enquiry. (Probably the Family Information Sheet I submitted)

Mar 9, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Feb 17, 2022 - We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.

Feb 10, 2022 - Medical exam activity status updated

Medical exam
Medical exam status has been updated to In progress

Feb 9, 2022 - Complete your immigration medical exam
We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.

Feb 8, 2022 - We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.

Feb 7, 2022 - Complete your biometrics
We sent you a message with instructions on how to submit your fingerprints and photo. Please complete this by the date shown in your message.

Oct 31, 2021 - Application received
We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.
Thank you and Congratulations!