File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello can anyone help me find some inputs..
my daughter filed an sponsorship application for her sister last year, CIO as per online status approved the sponsorship but the application is up to now on "In PRocess" status though sometime in Feb2020 they require us to submit documents plus a letter to certify that her parents are both living. Until now we havent receive any feedback. we hope that is only because of the Covid but we're worry if we missed the qualifications if a sister can really be sponsored if both parents are still living
thanks if you have some idea on this. kindly share thanks
The application is going to be refused. Your daughter doesn't qualify to sponsor her sister.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello ...is sister really qualified as one to be sponsored? a sister with both parents living?
No - not qualified. Application is going to be refused.

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
i sent it on July 15, it reached Sydney, NS on July 21.

check the list of documents that the sponsor needs and that of the relative to be sponsored - here's the link: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5287e.pdf

i have not submitted certificates yet (birth or death) - those should be requested later.

no family tree yet. IRCC would request it later i believe. they would send the form.
You send it inside canada? That’s why it’s reached fast. Which courrier did you use?

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
No - not qualified. Application is going to be refused.
Hi syclla. My aunt is in the process of filling out the form imm 1283 for financial evaluation, however she is not sure if the form is applicable for her to fill out. She's gonna sponsor me(niece) under other relative family class sponsorship. Thanks for your input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi syclla. My aunt is in the process of filling out the form imm 1283 for financial evaluation, however she is not sure if the form is applicable for her to fill out. She's gonna sponsor me(niece) under other relative family class sponsorship. Thanks for your input.
Yes, it applies.

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
I gathered all my financial documents first e.g. ITR, paystubs, investment records then i filled out the form
thanks agape. My aunt having a hard time to fill out the financial evaluation form. As I've understand there are two ways in calculating the income. First, is based on OPTION C PRINT OUT and then the other one is based on the preceeding 12 months.
I think it would be best if my aunt will show her T4 and option c printout to me so i could help her. I dont have an idea when it comes with this and so we are thinking to hire an immigration consultant to help us with the process. Can you guide me through what should be done first in financial evaluation just to make sure that my aunt will meet the LICO. By the way, can she include her part time work on the form? combination of part time and full time?

Also, there is question in financial evaluation form imm 1283 question # 9, total income available to sponsor, does it mean this is the amount that should be available on her account prior submitting the application? Thanks for your help.

Agape2020

Feb 12, 2020
thanks agape. My aunt having a hard time to fill out the financial evaluation form. As I've understand there are two ways in calculating the income. First, is based on OPTION C PRINT OUT and then the other one is based on the preceeding 12 months.
I think it would be best if my aunt will show her T4 and option c printout to me so i could help her. I dont have an idea when it comes with this and so we are thinking to hire an immigration consultant to help us with the process. Can you guide me through what should be done first in financial evaluation just to make sure that my aunt will meet the LICO. By the way, can she include her part time work on the form? combination of part time and full time?

Also, there is question in financial evaluation form imm 1283 question # 9, total income available to sponsor, does it mean this is the amount that should be available on her account prior submitting the application? Thanks for your help.
Yes, just the T4 is okay if the income for the year meets the LICO. If it is just you, no dependents, your aunt should show LICO for two (around 33k). In my case I need LICO for 6 so I need more than T4

She should declare both part time and full time work. She pays taxes for both right?

Total income does not mean the total amount she has in the bank. As long as the amount in the T4 meets LICO your aunt would pass financial eligibility regardless her money in the bank

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Yes, just the T4 is okay if the income for the year meets the LICO. If it is just you, no dependents, your aunt should show LICO for two (around 33k). In my case I need LICO for 6 so I need more than T4

She should declare both part time and full time work. She pays taxes for both right?

Total income does not mean the total amount she has in the bank. As long as the amount in the T4 meets LICO your aunt would pass financial eligibility regardless her money in the bank
Thanks agape. By the way, how about the question 3 in undertaking under the details of your family members and persons included in undertaking in effect or not yet......... question 6 asking for every family dependent on you not listed above and dependent on you financially , whether they are living with you or not. I actually don’t get this. Does it mean if my auntie is supporting our relatives in the Philippines does it mean she needs to declare it? What i meant for support is sending money that is usual for filipinos. Thanks for answering

Agape2020

Feb 12, 2020
Thanks agape. By the way, how about the question 3 in undertaking under the details of your family members and persons included in undertaking in effect or not yet......... question 6 asking for every family dependent on you not listed above and dependent on you financially , whether they are living with you or not. I actually don’t get this. Does it mean if my auntie is supporting our relatives in the Philippines does it mean she needs to declare it? What i meant for support is sending money that is usual for filipinos. Thanks for answering
Check here the definition of undertaking: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1259&top=14

No, the remittance you send to family in the Philippines does not have to be reported. It does not fall in the definition of undertaking, it is not a legal obligation

If your aunt has not sponsored anyone in the past, there is no previous undertaking - leave it blank

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
Thank you so much for always answering my questions. If you don’t mind, what is the status of your application?