+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other names proof

svikashk

May 16, 2017
Hi friends,

In some of my documents, my name have spelling mistakes. As per these documents, I have three other names other than the name on my passport.

My question:
1. Can I get one notary certificate stating that all the three names belong to me and that my final name is as per my passport?
2. When uploading documents, I think I'll be asked to provide proof for all my other names separately. Can I just upload the same notary certificate on all the three upload buttons? Or, for each 'other name', shall I upload the document in which my name is stated wrong along with the notary certificate? EG. If my name is spelt wrong in my PAN card, can I upload the PAN card along with my notary certificate for this other name and do the same thing for the other 'other names'?

Last edited:

svikashk

May 16, 2017
Hi friends,

In some of my documents, my name have spelling mistakes. As per these documents, I have three other names other than the name on my passport.

My question:
1. Can I get one notary certificate stating that all the three names belong to me and that my final name is as per my passport?
2. When uploading documents, I think I'll be asked to provide proof for all my other names separately. Can I just upload the same notary certificate on all the three upload buttons? Or, for each other name, shall I upload the document in which my name is stated wrong along with the notary certificate? EG. If my name is spelt wrong in my PAN card, can I upload the PAN card along with my notary certificate for this other name?
Bumping this thread in the hope of getting a response for my Q.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
My last name transliteration was different, I explained in an LOE (it's one letter difference nothing major but comes from transliterating arabic to english characters) I just showed explained it in LOE, nothing has been asked of me so far (I'm past initial background check so I guess all good)

svikashk

May 16, 2017
My last name transliteration was different, I explained in an LOE (it's one letter difference nothing major but comes from transliterating arabic to english characters) I just showed explained it in LOE, nothing has been asked of me so far (I'm past initial background check so I guess all good)
Thanks for sharing this with us. I guess yours was related to translation, but mine doesn't fall under this case. Others who fall under similar situation such as yours will surely find your response helpful. :)

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
O
Thanks for sharing this with us. I guess yours was related to translation, but mine doesn't fall under this case. Others who fall under similar situation such as yours will surely find your response helpful. :)
Oh sorry I couldn't help :( Can you then elaborate about what you mean with spelling mistake? How flagrant it is? Mine was a missing letter basically.

svikashk

May 16, 2017
O

Oh sorry I couldn't help :( Can you then elaborate about what you mean with spelling mistake? How flagrant it is? Mine was a missing letter basically.
Sure. In one of the official documents, two letters got missed out in my name. In another document instead of "o" they printed it with "a" in my name. And in the last document, my surname is written as initial. This is practiced in south india, but my passport doesn't contain my initial. Instead my initial is expanded to mention my full surname.

I thought this is a bit complicated to be explained in a LoE. So, I thought it would be easier to get an affidavit signed by a notary. Since this is one document for all my other names, I don't know if I can upload the same document for all the three, because then it would be redundant.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Reactions: svikashk and lino82

svikashk

May 16, 2017
I don't know if you will be asked to provide proof and what kind of proof, but see this post by @lino82 on doing a one and the same name affidavit. You can add wording to note which versions are misspelled.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-71st-draw.513760/page-50#post-6317950
This was super helpful, @trumprefugee! Thanks for this. I'll get this affidavit done. Another question. Since I'll be preparing one affidavit for three 'other names', I'm guessing I'll be asked to upload three documents? If that's the case, should I upload the same affidavit thrice?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
This was super helpful, @trumprefugee! Thanks for this. I'll get this affidavit done. Another question. Since I'll be preparing one affidavit for three 'other names', I'm guessing I'll be asked to upload three documents? If that's the case, should I upload the same affidavit thrice?
Not sure without knowing the specifics of what documents you are being asked to upload, but maybe upload that affidavit 3 times if you are being asked in 3 different sections ...

svikashk

May 16, 2017
Not sure without knowing the specifics of what documents you are being asked to upload, but maybe upload that affidavit 3 times if you are being asked in 3 different sections ...
Thanks a lot, @trumprefugee! I haven't gotten to the process of uploading the documents, yet. Once I get there, I hope I won't be asked to upload three documents. I'll update this thread once everything's done!

Reactions: trumprefugee