+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original translation to the MEXICAN Clearance certificate ????

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
I am in process now of the FSW at the Buffalo office. My file has not been transferred. I am from the USA, and my husband is from Mexico. I have received our medical requests and request for the state and federal police certificate from Mexico for my spouse. I sent the state certificate to the buffalo office as requested. Have taken all our medicals. I also sent by instruction on the CIC immigration website 3 sets of fingerprints, three front passport photos and three right side profile passport pictures, a copy of his passport bio page and written on it our file number and applicant name. I just got an email from Buffalo requesting this "Original translation to the MEXICAN Clearance certificate". I think that they are asking for the federal certificate, but i'm not sure. I've tried calling the call centre but the call is not going through. The email also states that I have only 30 days to comply. WHAT? I've sent all the documentation that I needed to send out a month ago. What else can I do?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure whether i am following your question or not, however, what i understand from your post is that you have not sent an original certified translation for the Mexican police clearance to the english language.

Anyway, to be in the safe side and save your time, do the following:

Take a phtocopy of both of your Mexican police clearance, the federal and the state one (since you do not have the originals with you because you sent them to Buffalo), and get those two copies translated to english by a certified translator in the USA or Canada where ever you are as soon as possible.

The certified translator will see the photocopies and translate them to english and write that he has seen only photocopies and not originals. Then, he will put his stamp on the photocopy, and give you the certified translation with his stamp (which includes his lisence number) and signature. That is it, and send those documents to Buffalo.

To find a certifed translator try to use this link if you do not know one, and choose outside canada if you are in the USA to find one in the united states:

http://search.atio.on.ca/search/index/1

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
Well, I do not have the Federal certificate. That is not issued to us. That is supposed to be sent directly from General Consulate of Canada in Mexico to the Buffalo office, since we do not reside in Mexico. My understanding of Original Translation is the Original Certificate and not necesarily translated.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmlopez62 said:
My understanding of Original Translation is the Original Certificate and not necesarily translated.

No, your understanding is wrong regarding this point, it has to be translated as explained above.

For CIC any document that is not originally issued in english or french, must be translated by a certified translator and attached to the original document to be sent to the visa office.

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
:mad: -- Ok, According to the cic website, if you are living outside of mexico and in need of a mexican police certificate, you will need what is called "Informes de Datos Registrales". Which is fine, and this one is for the Federal Police Certificate. It says on the CIC Website to send three sets of fingerprints, three front passport pictures and three right profile pictures, a copy of his passport bio page. Listing our file number and his name on the documents. It also states NOT to send any other documents or payments. So that's what we did. We send just that information to the address in Mexico, we sent it priority and it was received the first week of May if I remember correctly. Well I sent and Equiry to the Mexico office asking if they've received the documents. They replied last night (June 2) saying that they have NEVER received anything regarding our case and that if our application was not complete that it was sent back to us. First of all, THERE IS NO APPLICATION for this, just the requested fingerprints, pics, and copy of passport. Now what do I do? I did what I was told and no one seems to know. I also received yesterday an email from the Buffalo office stating that they are still waiting for the Mexican Police Certificate. Not specifing whether they are asking for the State Certificate or Federal One. Granted I did sent the State Certificate but misunderstood and did not send a translation. So now they are only giving me 30 days to complete this. I'm soo worried, and don't know what to do.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At first, you have to send the original certified translation to Buffalo as soon as possible, with an explanation letter asking whether they received your federal police certificate, to let them understand that you are not ignoring their request which in turn might lead to a refusal of your application for non-compliance with their requests.

Just one reminder: the translation must be conducted by a certified translator, and not any one else, not even any one whose mother language is english, if he is not a certified translator.

Regarding the federal police certificate, i have some questions:

Where does your husband live, and how exactly did you take the fingerprint form for him, and where ?

dmlopez62

Dec 8, 2009
My husband lives here in canada with me. We went to the local police department for the fingerprints. I know of a certified translator close by, that's where we had to get his high school diploma and birth certificates translated. But I can not get the State Certificate Translated because I sent it off to Buffalo. I do not have a copy.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmlopez62 said:
My husband lives here in canada with me. We went to the local police department for the fingerprints. I know of a certified translator close by, that's where we had to get his high school diploma and birth certificates translated. But I can not get the State Certificate Translated because I sent it off to Buffalo. I do not have a copy.

Oh that is a big problem, you should have kept at least a photocopy of the police clearance before you send it to Buffalo.

Here is what you should do:

Send an email to Buffalo visa office right now asking them to send you a photocopy of the Mexican police clearance, explaining that you do not have any copy of it to get it translated, they might send you the copy by mail or attached file via email, i remember, they sent me a document in PDF format by email last year when i asked them for it.

In the same email, ask them whether they have received your federal police clearance or not, send them copies of all documents you have mailed to the canadian embassy in Mexico, fingerprint.....etc, and even send them copy of the successful delivery notification of the documents, and the receipt which has the tracking number, the date and address of sending those documents to the canadian embassy in Mexico.

All of that must be attached to an explanation letter dated and signed by you, explaining all of the above facts (as soon as possible), do not wait because the time issue is very serious in your case.

After you send the above, let me know what was their response.