+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

original passport request but no status update

kassemm2

May 16, 2017
Hi,
i applied to study permit online on march 29. After multiple web form inquiries that have not been answered, i got today a message from cic requesting the original passport, but my
status is still
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics Completed. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I am a bit worried. How long does it take to update the system and is it possible that they rejected application after all this time?

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
You don't care about update. Party time! You made it. Almost no chance of rejection now. Relax and enjoy!