+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport Request asked but what if I send passport after 30 days ?

riyamehta16

Apr 20, 2015
Hello,

I got email asking to submit my original passport for Visitor Visa in 30 days ( Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application.)

but unfortunately I have to travel other country and I can not submit my passport within 30 days.
My question is as follows

1. can I send my passport in about 60 days ? will they still accept my application ?
2. If I submit my passport after 60 days do I resend my itinerary since current itinerary tickets/hotel reservations etc will be obsolete by than ?
3. at what stage do they charge CAN Dollar $100 for Visa charges ?

Please help if any one had to face similar situation ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
riyamehta16 said:
I got email asking to submit my original passport for Visitor Visa in 30 days ( Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application.)
As the email states, you must send your passport within the time frame specified by CIC ie 30 days

You should have notified the visa office at the time of applying/before your visa application was processed that you are likely to travel abroad to another country.

If you apply online then payment of visa fees is done (credit card) when you submit your application through MyCIC..... if you submit a paper visa application, payment must be done along with the application (as bank draft, etc)

Cheers :)