+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

original documents required for Pakistan spouse cases?

AdilAli111

Oct 24, 2015
Hello All,

I am the applicant and my wife will be sponsoring me.

I am in the process of gathering documents for submission. CIC is asking for following "original" documents:

1) Birth certificate
2) Marriage certificate (Nikkah Nama)
3) Educational documents (degree/transcripts)

I am hesitant to send the original documents to them. Is it normal? everyone has to send? I am following country specific guide (Pakistan) of CIC IMM 3907E

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,
Adil

Hashipk

Jun 29, 2015
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Soon
Med's Request
Upfront: 21-10-2015
AdilAli111 said:
Hello All,

I am the applicant and my wife will be sponsoring me.

I am in the process of gathering documents for submission. CIC is asking for following "original" documents:

1) Birth certificate
2) Marriage certificate (Nikkah Nama)
3) Educational documents (degree/transcripts)

I am hesitant to send the original documents to them. Is it normal? everyone has to send? I am following country specific guide (Pakistan) of CIC IMM 3907E

Any help will be really appreciated.

Regards,
Adil
As per my info you should send original to complete your case early.
Otherwise send attested copies but with this may be some delay in your case.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hashipk said:
As per my info you should send original to complete your case early.
Otherwise send attested copies but with this may be some delay in your case.
1. The OP should read the instructions:

Nationals of Pakistan:
The following documents are required for you, the principle applicant, and for each of your
dependent family members, if applicable to your situation:
Original birth certificates for yourself and your family members including your spouse or
common-law partner. A birth certificate is acceptable if the registration of the birth was made
shortly after the birth.
• Certified copies of your national identity card (CNIC).
Original marriage certificate for you and your spouse (Nikkah Nama).
• Original death certificate(s) if your sponsor's or your former spouse(s), common-law or conjugal
partner(s) is/are deceased.
• Original divorce certificate for you or your spouse's previous marriages. If a divorce has been
obtained in Pakistan by a sponsor residing in Canada, you must submit evidence that either party
of the divorce resided in Pakistan for at least one year prior to the divorce. Alternatively, you may
submit evidence that either party to the divorce had a substantial connection to Pakistan such as
frequent visits, property ownership, and/or active businesses in Pakistan.
• Official documentation confirming your relationship to your sponsor and both of your relationships
to the other family members on your application. This may include family lists and
household registries.
• Original educational documents for you and your family members such as transcripts indicating
a list of courses taken, scores achieved as well as certificates obtained.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
• Affidavits to establish marriage, divorce, death and custody are not acceptable.
• Identity and civil status documents submitted must bear the name of the applicant, and be
endorsed by the government authority responsible for issuance in the district in which the event
took place.
• If you were married in Pakistan either by proxy or in person, you should submit a marriage
certificate (Nikkah Nama in Urdu) bearing the Nikkah registry seal as evidence that your marriage
is properly registered by your union council or the relevant government authority in your region.
• If you or your sponsor's previous divorces were obtained in Pakistan, divorce certificates
submitted should be issued by your union council or the relevant government authority. Failure to
submit marriage or divorce certificates in accordance to the Muslim Family Law Ordinance of
1961 may lead to the delay and possible refusal of your application.
• Non-Muslims should provide marriage and divorce certificates from the relevant authority
responsible for registration.

AdilAli111

Oct 24, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. The OP should read the instructions:

Nationals of Pakistan:
The following documents are required for you, the principle applicant, and for each of your
dependent family members, if applicable to your situation:
Original birth certificates for yourself and your family members including your spouse or
common-law partner. A birth certificate is acceptable if the registration of the birth was made
shortly after the birth.
• Certified copies of your national identity card (CNIC).
Original marriage certificate for you and your spouse (Nikkah Nama).
• Original death certificate(s) if your sponsor's or your former spouse(s), common-law or conjugal
partner(s) is/are deceased.
• Original divorce certificate for you or your spouse's previous marriages. If a divorce has been
obtained in Pakistan by a sponsor residing in Canada, you must submit evidence that either party
of the divorce resided in Pakistan for at least one year prior to the divorce. Alternatively, you may
submit evidence that either party to the divorce had a substantial connection to Pakistan such as
frequent visits, property ownership, and/or active businesses in Pakistan.
• Official documentation confirming your relationship to your sponsor and both of your relationships
to the other family members on your application. This may include family lists and
household registries.
• Original educational documents for you and your family members such as transcripts indicating
a list of courses taken, scores achieved as well as certificates obtained.
IMPORTANT NOTE:
• Affidavits to establish marriage, divorce, death and custody are not acceptable.
• Identity and civil status documents submitted must bear the name of the applicant, and be
endorsed by the government authority responsible for issuance in the district in which the event
took place.
• If you were married in Pakistan either by proxy or in person, you should submit a marriage
certificate (Nikkah Nama in Urdu) bearing the Nikkah registry seal as evidence that your marriage
is properly registered by your union council or the relevant government authority in your region.
• If you or your sponsor's previous divorces were obtained in Pakistan, divorce certificates
submitted should be issued by your union council or the relevant government authority. Failure to
submit marriage or divorce certificates in accordance to the Muslim Family Law Ordinance of
1961 may lead to the delay and possible refusal of your application.
• Non-Muslims should provide marriage and divorce certificates from the relevant authority
responsible for registration.
Thanks PPM. I have already read these guidelines. so i guess i will hve to send the originals... still hesitant.
when should i expect to get my "originals" back? Can we contact relevant visa office or CIC for these basic queries? any ideas?

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016
Don't worry, they are very careful with the original documents.
Just to be safe, I had all the original documents photocopied and attested (for my records) and sent in the originals.
The originals and the pictures were returned to me after 10 months.

Do follow their instructions to the letter, it's not worth changing or omitting something and risking delays.

amalik786

Nov 22, 2016
AsWeWait said:
Don't worry, they are very careful with the original documents.
Just to be safe, I had all the original documents photocopied and attested (for my records) and sent in the originals.
The originals and the pictures were returned to me after 10 months.

Do follow their instructions to the letter, it's not worth changing or omitting something and risking delays.
Hey sorry needed some help. Do I need to get my spouses original marriage registration certificate, birth certificate, police certificate, educational documents,etc all required documents basically, do they need to be attested?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The country guide for Pakistan requires that most of the documents you send in be originals. The visa officer will probably send them all back to you once the PR visa is granted. However, during the processing time you might need some of them, or they might lose some of them, so for your own safety, you should photocopy all the originals that you send in with the application, and get the important ones attested. This is not a requirement for CIC; it is just for yourself, should you later need to use these documents and don't have the originals.

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi.

Please check new Pakistan spousal visa guide. Now you have send them only original Police C.C.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Thanks.

amalik786

Nov 22, 2016
canadianwoman said:
The country guide for Pakistan requires that most of the documents you send in be originals. The visa officer will probably send them all back to you once the PR visa is granted. However, during the processing time you might need some of them, or they might lose some of them, so for your own safety, you should photocopy all the originals that you send in with the application, and get the important ones attested. This is not a requirement for CIC; it is just for yourself, should you later need to use these documents and don't have the originals.
Do I need to submit the original nikah nama in urdu translated into english or can I submit just the original Marriage Registration Certificate issued by NADRA which has info in both english and urdu?

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
amalik786 said:
Do I need to submit the original nikah nama in urdu translated into english or can I submit just the original Marriage Registration Certificate issued by NADRA which has info in both english and urdu?
You have to submit both. NADRA Certificate and Urdu Nikah Nama (copy), English Translation of Nikah Nama.

amalik786

Nov 22, 2016
ra03ra said:
You have to submit both. NADRA Certificate and Urdu Nikah Nama (copy), English Translation of Nikah Nama.
I have the NADRA certificate. Do I need to get that attested as well or no? Also, I think I have misplaced the original nikah nama in urdu or nadra may have it since it was needed to get the nadra certificate. Do you know where I can get the urdu nikah nama again? Should I ask the Molvi that did it? And where can I get it translated to english from?

Thanks!

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA karachi pakistan????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..

ArshiArshi

May 14, 2017
I wan to know about attestation service????i m about to submit my documents via spousal immigration ,is this necessary to attest documents(MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE) via NOTARY PUBLIC OR MOFA karachi pakistan????And do i need to submit my education documents too???? because i m sponsored by my spouse . someone told me to submit education documents too but i m not applying for work permit so i am confused..