+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original CAQ document

amanitaki

Aug 24, 2014
Hello, is my original CAQ document needed upon my arrival to Montreal. Will the officers ask me to present it to them?
I applied online and i received a letter saying:

"If you receive this letter by e-mail, the two copies of your certificate will be sent to you by mail. However, you may already submit your application for a Study Permit along with this letter"

Is this letter sufficient? I used this letter in order to apply for a study permit and now i have in my possession a letter of introduction. The problem is that i haven't yet received by mail the original CAQ document and i dont know how long it will take.

Reactions: Jay5999

nareshk326

Aug 22, 2014
This document is sufficient to apply for a Study Permit and you will soon get your CAQ. If even not, I am quite sure it will be enough to show at airport and at university.

amanitaki

Aug 24, 2014
Thank you for the answer. I also found the following:

Confirmation letter from the MIDI

To facilitate the study permit application process, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) accepts confirmation letters issued by the MIDI in lieu of a CAQ (including a downloaded, unsigned version of the confirmation letter). These approval letters are issued prior to the issuance of the CAQ and include all of the CAQ information. As such, MIDI approval letters 705 (PDF, 232 KB), 733 (PDF, 198 KB), 300 (PDF, 928 KB) and 310 (PDF, 841 KB) are to be treated as equivalent to the CAQ.

The two versions of the letter, though similar, are used in different review processes. The MIDI issues a letter 705 (bilingual version) to English speaking students only after a financial assessment was done on the applicant. French speaking students only are issued letter 300 after they have been the subject of a financial assessment.

The MIDI issues a letter 733 (bilingual version) to English speaking students only and a letter 300 to French speaking students in cases where a financial assessment was not done on the applicant. The CAQ is therefore presumed to be conditional on the financial assessment by CIC.

The MIDI transmits CAQ confirmation lists to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada headquarters for redistribution to different points of service, including the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville (CPC-V), and visa offices. The CAQ list can be used for the purposes of verification, when necessary. Quebec authorities will forward copies of relevant CAQs or MIDI approval letters to posts abroad or otherwise confirm issuance of these documents by fax or other means.

Visa officers or inland officers must enter the number and expiry date of the CAQ in the appropriate field in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).

For Border Services officers, the Canada Border Services Agency will have a separate list for those students who are approved for a CAQ and intend to submit an application for a study permit upon entry to Canada.

tap7

Oct 10, 2017
Hello, is my original CAQ document needed upon my arrival to Montreal. Will the officers ask me to present it to them?

"If you receive this letter by e-mail, the two copies of your certificate will be sent to you by mail. However, you may already submit your application for a Study Permit along with this letter"

Is this letter sufficient? I used this letter in order to apply for a study permit and now i have in my possession a letter of introduction. The problem is that i haven't yet received by mail the original CAQ document and i dont know how long it will take.
HOw much time it take to get CAQ MIDI letter by email ??

Jay5999

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad

Jay5999

Mar 8, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad

Ya same goes for me. It's more than a month and still i didn't receive my CAQ hardcopy