+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Birth Certificate but no name on it

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
I have Original birth certificate in my native language but it does not have my name on it. Instead it has my parents name, DOB and location.

I am not sure if this is a issue or not?

Experts please help.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
With your name no figuring on the Certificate, it cannot evidence your Birth for sure.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Go with an Affidavit instead. Submitting such a Certificate (with no name) will serve no purpose.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Name is blank as this was issued by authorities at my birth (Name was not decided maybe)

But it has all other details like both parents name , date of birth, location, and even hospital name.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
A hospital will issue Certificate after the Birth stating name of the mother and the father with details of the child (weight, male / female etc.) without the name.

But a Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority with no name of the child will hold no legal validity. You will not be able to justify and convince CIC that it is your Birth Certificate.

The requirement is not to evidence your parents' name but to prove your Date of Birth. AN AFFIDAVIT IS THE SAFEST BET.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
Andy2109 said:
A hospital will issue Certificate after the Birth stating name of the mother and the father with details of the child (weight, male / female etc.) without the name.

But a Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority with no name of the child will hold no legal validity. You will not be able to justify and convince CIC that it is your Birth Certificate.

The requirement is not to evidence your parents' name but to prove your Date of Birth. AN AFFIDAVIT IS THE SAFEST BET.
An affidavit is required since the birth certificate is in the native language NOT because it does not have the name of the person born. Birth Certificates issued by the municipal Authority will never have the name of the person born since the municipal authority issues a birth certificate based on the details provided by the hospital that does not include the name of the person born.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Canadavisa07,

I am just trying to understand how will he/she convince CIC that it is his/her Birth Certificate without the name figuring on it ? Just with the parents name ?

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
Andy2109 said:
Canadavisa07,

I am just trying to understand how will he/she convince CIC that it is his/her Birth Certificate without the name figuring on it ? Just with the parents name ?
CIC also asks for a passport copy that has the name of the parents which is enough to support the applicant's birth as mentioned in the birth certificate.

If they still have doubts, they may ask more documents to validate the birth of the person.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for your suggestions.

Yes my Birth certificate was issued by the Muncipal authority with no name.
I believe this will be the case with many people, ie, with no name.

And that's right passport indicates parents name which matches with BC.

I hope this usually works.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
All the very best sara007.

Do take note that many on this forum have got their application either rejected or stuck in the process with CIC not convinced with DOB evidence (either with problems in Name in the Birth Certificate, Certificates issued by their respective Consulates not accepted, School records submitted without father's name etc.)

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks Andy2109.

I will still check, if I can provide any other relevant document to support the BC.

I am not sure if affidavit along with BC make sense or not? I mean Affidavit saying that this BC belongs to me !!

dpkg

Mar 19, 2020
@sara007: what was your solution to the problem? :)

I know it's been really long, but i have the same problem now and was searching for some ansers.

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
@sara007: what was your solution to the problem? :)

I know it's been really long, but i have the same problem now and was searching for some answers.
Hi Am in the same situation. Please let me know if you have found a solution. Is there any other document that we should provide along with the Birth Certificate with No Name.

Thiaga

Aug 14, 2019
Hi @dpkg ,

I am from India and I am also in the same situation. On my Birth Certificate my name is written as "No Name".
Did you get any solution of this, @dpkg ?
@jaimaldullat - Hi, Can you please let me know how you managed the situation. Did u submit any affidavit? Checking with couple of my friends who got ITA under CEC category I was told that Birth Certificate was not requested for Primary applicant. Can you please confirm?
I do not have my name mentioned in my Birth Certificate and am desperately looking to find an answer.