+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organizing documents for inland spousal sponsorship

LT2019

Jun 9, 2019
If you paid the $155 fee as part of your spousal sponsorship so it's all on one receipt did you just print a duplicate copy of this receipt and add it to the open work permit application? Also not sure how to pay the $100 separately.

zxya024

Sep 16, 2019
Just wonder anyone has the same situation like me?
I only attached OWP application and 255$ payment receipt to my PR application package, without it's checklist and documents like passport pages or marriage certificate...
After reading this thread, I concerned a lot. Any method that I can send these documents again, or wait until it get returned ( the fee will be refund? or I can resubmit with the same receipt) I haven't gotten AOR yet, and we're moving to another city soon. Worry about where they gonna return to....

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
I am still confuse here, can some one answer me the following questions:

3. The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
  • any barcode pages;
  • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.
When it says "any barcode pages" after work permit application. Does it mean all barcode pages from form IMM 1344 (SPONSOR FORM), IMM 1008 (PA FORM) and IMM 5710 (OWP)?

Wouldn't that confuse immigration officer that after OWP and supporting docs, I am putting bar code page of OWP and other forms?

Also, what did you guys do with 20 photos, did you guys put between forms according to checklist or at the beginning for other forms and docs? did you use envelope?

Reactions: Usa2canada<3

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
I am still confuse here, can some one answer me the following questions:

3. The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • any barcode pages;
When it says "any barcode pages" after work permit application. Does it mean all barcode pages from form IMM 1344 (SPONSOR FORM), IMM 1008 (PA FORM) and IMM 5710 (OWP)?

Wouldn't that confuse immigration officer that after OWP and supporting docs, I am putting bar code page of OWP and other forms?

Also, what did you guys do with 20 photos, did you guys put between forms according to checklist or at the beginning for other forms and docs? did you use envelope?
Generally, when you complete filling out every form, such as form IMM 1344 (SPONSOR FORM), you will get a barcode page once you click on the validate button.

Then, doesn't it mean that every form requiring validation suppose to generate a barcode page?

thank you

Reactions: Usa2canada<3

Casg

Sep 15, 2017
Hi, I paid all the PR application and OWP together and have only one receipt, should I duplicate it too? Or just need one after all the barcodes? Thanks

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Hi, I paid all the PR application and OWP together and have only one receipt, should I duplicate it too? Or just need one after all the barcodes? Thanks
There should have been two receipts...

jessg1

Dec 7, 2020
Hi there!
Did you confirm it?
I'm putting all the paperwork together now and got confused with this, too...

This is what the spouse/common-law sponsor guide says https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html :
"If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit."

And the "Submit your application" section says:
1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package.
2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
- the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
- a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
The order of documents should be as follows:
  • checklist;
  • any barcode pages;
Thanks a lot!
i am a bit worried about mine. I unfortunately put my work permit application at the back of the package. I didnt read all this until after I sent it.

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Generally, when you complete filling out every form, such as form IMM 1344 (SPONSOR FORM), you will get a barcode page once you click on the validate button.

Then, doesn't it mean that every form requiring validation suppose to generate a barcode page?

thank you
Yes every validation form when you go to print them off will have barcodes make sure to include those.