Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
so i went out the other day and bought tabbed folders to put all of my stuff in and here's how i divided it:

set one, two tabs
tab one: sponsors forms- app to sponsor-photo copy of sponsorship agreement- sponsorship evaluation- sponsor questionnaire- option C

tab two: copy of birth certificate- copy of passport

set two, two tabs
tab one: immigrants forms- 4 photos- app for perminant residence-3 coppies of schedule one- additional fam info- spouse questionare- choice of location-copy of passport and stamps

tab two: marriage certificate- police clearance- proof of medical.

set three, three tabs
tab one: wedding and reception. copy of certificate of marriage, copy of wedding ceremony, photos from wedding and reception, congratulation cards.

tab two:bills and trips, copies of ticket and hotel confirmations, copies of itineraries and maps. copies of power bill with both his and my name. copies of checks and western unions i sent while separated. pics from his only visit to NYC

tab three: letters, emails, and chats

i also have a relationship time line and a letter from him to immigration talking about our relationship but i don't know which folders to put them in

and suggestions on that or just organization changes i should make please please let me know

addendum there are also pics from out first date, all pics are printed on normal paper minimum 3 to a sheet so i was able to attach those to my answer to imm5490 question six as i answered that on a separate piece of paper

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it looks like you organized it very well. :) nothing to add from my side. :)

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hello,

You sound very organized.

FYI this is what I did -

I put all my documents in the order I listed on my cover letter - i guess i divided mine by info for applicant, info for sponsor and then info regarding both of us.

I put the document list (provided by cic) that is required on the front of this cover letter page

I also attached an envelope with our pictures in it and an envelope with my hubbies visa picutures to the front and held it together with one of those big clips from Grand & Toy!

Make sure to make 2 copies, one for yourself and one for applicant!

Good Luck

BY COURIER

March 19, 2009

Case Processing Centre
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, Ontario
L4Z 1H8

Dear Sir/Madam:

RE: Spousal Sponsorship Overseas
Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CIT: Jamaican
Sponsor: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
CIT: British / Canadian Permanent Resident

Enclosures:

Enclosed, please find the following documentation in support of the Application:

1. IMM1344A – Application to Sponsor and Undertaking;
2. IMM1344B – Sponsorship Agreement;
3. IMM5481 – Sponsorship Evaluation;
4. IMM5540 – Sponsorship Questionnaire;
5. Fee receipt totalling $1040.00. $490.00 for Right of Permanent Residence fee, $75.00 for Sponsorship Application, $475.00 for Principal Applicant;
6. IMM0008 – Application for Permanent Residence in Canada for the applicant;
7. IMM0008 – Schedule 1 Background/Declaration for the applicant;
8. IMM5490 –Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire completed by the applicant;
9. IMM5406 – Additional Family Information Form for the applicant;

Documents with respect to the Applicant, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

10. Eight (8) recent photos for the Applicant as per guideline;
11. Original proof of completion of medical examinations – Medical Report IMM1017EFC by the Applicant, completed on February 9th, 2009;
12. To be obtained: Original Police Clearance from Jamaica;
13. Copy of Passport;
14. Copy of Birth Certificate;

Documents with respect to the Sponsor, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

15. Copy of British Birth Certificate;
16. Copy of Canadian Permanent Residence Card;
17. Copy of British Passport;
18. Copy of Wedding Certificate;
19. Copy of Certified Copy of Marriage Register;
20. Original job letter for the sponsor from XXXXXXXXXXXXX. dated March 11th, 2009;
21. Copy of T4 for tax year 2008;
22. Original Option C printout from Revenue Canada for tax year 2007 for the sponsor;

Documents with respect to both the sponsor, XXXXXXXXX and the applicant, XXXXXXXXXXXX:

23. Original photographs together;
24. Original letter of Support from XXXXXXX, the sponsor;
25. Original letter of support from XXXXXX, friend of the sponsor, XXXXXXXX including photocopy of passport;
26. Original letter of support from XXXXXXXX, friend of sponsor, XXXXXXX including photocopy of passport and travel documentation;
27. Original letter of support from XXXXXXXXX, Mother of sponsor, XXXXXXXXX;
28. Original letter of support from XXXXXX and XXXXXXXX, Mother and Father of applicant, XXXXXXXXX;
29. Copy of cards given to sponsor and applicant for special occasion;
30. Copy of cards and letters given to sponsor from applicant for special occasion;
31. Copy of receipt - Proof of Payment for XXXXXXXXX Restaurant (Wedding Reception) totalling $XXXXXX CDN;
32. Copy of receipt – Proof of Payment for Wedding at XXXXXXXXXXX $XXXXXXX USD;
33. Copy of Rogers Communication phone bills since January 2008 showing calls to applicant from sponsor (outgoing only, incoming calls unavailable from Rogers Communication due to privacy reasons);
34. Copy of Original Receipt for mandatory Police Record for applicant;
35. Copy of Receipt for mandatory Medical Record for applicant;
36. Copy of Receipt for phone purchased by applicant for unlimited long distance overseas calling dated February 4, 2008;
37. Copy of the sponsors passport pages showing dates travelled to Jamaica;
38. Copy of the sponsors boarding passes, electronic tickets, confirmations and correspondence with hotels;

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
quick question. How come you only have 4 photos. It should be 8. Remember to only write on the back of one of them as per guideline.

Maybe it is different for America or maybe your doing inland?

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc416 said:
quick question. How come you only have 4 photos. It should be 8. Remember to only write on the back of one of them as per guideline.

Maybe it is different for America or maybe your doing inland?
The photo requirements are different for each country. I think NYCtoNB is going through Buffalo, which only requires 4 photos.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i didn't know we needed to send a cover letter thank you for that
i am in-fact going through buffalo so only 4 photos not including the ones that went with the medical
i guess i will put his letter in with the supporting docs of the sponsorship app and hope it gets sent to buffalo along with the pr app and i'll put the time line on the front of the supporting docs or in with the applicant questionnaire

KC416: what was it you were saying to make sure i have two copies of?

another question, if you don't pay the fees in full but do pay the remainder before it is requested will it still add two months to your processing time?
it's looking like i may be losing my job

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi,

You do not need to send a cover letter. I was just being "fancy" if you will.... it is most definetly not a make or break it thing.

I was saying make 2 copies of your completed application package. One for you and one for your spouse. Just Incase!

If you are able to pay all the fees I highly recommend it, if not then you may add some time on to your application any where from a few days to a few months IF you do not pay it before they ask.

Once you are at the final stage the IO (immigration officer) will call you to pay the fee (if you have not done already).... Once they receive the fee then they will call for your passport. The time it takes for you to pay the fee, for them to receive it in Missisauga and then for Missisauga to send a notice to the US embassy is the added time.

If you are not able to pay the fee now then I would pay it asap - at least do it before they ask for it to avoid that extra added time.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Thanks Didda - I assumed that it was different for each embassy. Just wanted to double check.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
application paid in full
but i did screw up i knew i screwed something up and i never figured out what it was until now
i have legally been a resident of new jersey for the last three or so years and completely forgot, so i needed a criminal record check from jersey, how do you forget you lived somewhere?

thank you to everyone who has offered help and comfort while trying to get this stuff in order

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
@NYCtoNB It might slow the process (however minimally) but it won't hinder the application!