Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
As my application is almost ready just need last advise on how I have organised and order the documents.

I inspired from pelipeli amazing thread : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Thanks for all those tips it helped a lot :)

I have done things a little differently and in different order, I followed the order in main Checklist then for sponsored the country checklist.

So want to know if this is not confusing and too much envelopes.

Here is what I want the confirmation If I am doing it right.

Is it ok to have 3 layers of sub envelopes or I should put stuff in loose ? Here I detail to understand clearly (I followed the checklists order)

Envelope 1 : Sponsor Forms
Envelope 2 : Sponsored Forms
Envelope 3: Supporting documents
Sub envelope 1: Identity documents
Sub envelope 2: Proof of relationship
Sub Sub envelope 1 : Photos
Sub sub sub envelope 1 : wedding photos
Sub sub sub envelope 2 : Special ocasions photos
Sub sub sub envelope 3 : Other photos
Sub Sub envelope 2 : Greeting cards, phone bills, etc.
Sub sub envelope 3 : Police clearance, medical
Sub mini envelope : Immigration photos

Is this OK or there are too much envelopes ? Anyway I don't how else I can do specialy the photos are not printed bu developed and I have to put them lose cant glue them on papers

Also The immigration photos are on the last of checklist so I can not put them with any Form, so they are loose, should i clip them to Medical form ?

Thanks for your advises to make this more clear and better :) all are welcome to comments and help :)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you follow pelipeli's thread then you will be fine.

Your organization looks ok. Put the immigration photos inside a small envelope and write on top of the envelop: Applicant's pictures

You can put all the pictures including the envelope containing immigration pictures inside a see thru envelope and put a tag marked pictures & photos on top of that see through envelop

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will make only 2 individual envelopes as follows and enclose both in a single large envelope:
Envelope 1 : Sponsor Forms
attach all the supporting documents in this envelope as per checklist.

Envelope 2 : Sponsored Forms
attach all the supporting documents in this envelope
as per checklist.
Sub envelope 1 : immigration Photos

Is this OK or there are too much envelopes ? Too many envelopes may perhaps irritate the visa office staff :-X

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Thanks for the replies.

If you check the main checklist the supporting documents are not inside the Form, they come after all forms : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

So I can not put them in Sponsor or Sponsored Form as doing this will break the rules they asked to follow (checklist order)

For envelope 1 : Sponsor Form , I don't have any supporting documents as I am from Quebec there is nothing needed (a part from photocopy of PR card which should be with part 3 supporting documents as by checklist)

For Envelope 2 : Sponsored Form : as explained above i am following checklist order and in any case there are too many supporting document for sponsored so even if I want to I cant pout it in that envelope.

If I make separate envelope for Photos, it will completely break the order of Country specific Checklist.

So that is why I did what I did, I feel like I am forced to make so many envelope in sub, other wise papers can be mixed up and VO officer can get more confused.

I really want to know what others did in my case.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
pardesifr said:
Thanks for the replies.

If you check the main checklist the supporting documents are not inside the Form, they come after all forms : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

So I can not put them in Sponsor or Sponsored Form as doing this will break the rules they asked to follow (checklist order)

For envelope 1 : Sponsor Form , I don't have any supporting documents as I am from Quebec there is nothing needed (a part from photocopy of PR card which should be with part 3 supporting documents as by checklist)

For Envelope 2 : Sponsored Form : as explained above i am following checklist order and in any case there are too many supporting document for sponsored so even if I want to I cant pout it in that envelope.

If I make separate envelope for Photos, it will completely break the order of Country specific Checklist.

So that is why I did what I did, I feel like I am forced to make so many envelope in sub, other wise papers can be mixed up and VO officer can get more confused.

I really want to know what others did in my case.
In lieu of extra envelopes most people used binder clips and paper clips.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Ok I used the paper clips and i eliminated a lot of envelopes.

Now I am almost done I have 4 envelopes

1 Sponsor Forms
2 Sponsored Forms
3 Supporting documents
a- Photos (wedding etc..°

I have one more confusion to clear and need advise for it.

I have followed the Order of checklist for all document (except photos of wedding etc I have to make separate envelope).

But at the end of checklist there are Police clearance, Medical proof and Immigration photos. At first I was going to put this with supporting documents, but then I thought these are very important documents and they will get mixed up inside all other proofs and relation documents.

Can I put these 3 documents with Sponsored Forms and put a sticker on the envelope indicating them ? Can I not follow order for these 3 ?

Thanks

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Guys what do you says ? about Police clearance , Medical proof and immigration photos, Can I put them with Sponsored Form instead of Supported document (as indicated in checklist) ?

Thanks

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
Guys what do you says ? about Police clearance , Medical proof and immigration photos, Can I put them with Sponsored Form instead of Supported document (as indicated in checklist) ?

Thanks
You can put these in an envelope marked supporting documents. As long as you put an typed index page and paste it on top of the envelope then you should be fine.

Basically the way I see it, you really don't need envelopes except for photos & pictures

You can put everything top to bottom in order of Document Checklist (you can put an INDEX listing Forms & documents that are there at the top with. In INDEX, first item written as 1. Document Checklist 2. Form IMM .... etc. )

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I am joining the index But I thought I should separate the Forms and Supporting documents.

So What you are saying is take out the Sponsor Forms and Sponsored Forms from envelope and Put it on the top of Supporting documents ? and put the Index and Checklist on the top of it ?

It can be got I can always paper clip them to make bundles. I thought envelope thing was good as it look more clean, but your idea is not bad either and like they will see the barcode quickly instead of opening the envelopes.

For the time being I am in this order now.

Envelope 1 : Sponsor forms : Checklist clipped outside and Barcode page on top inside the envelope.
Envelope 2: Sponsored Forms : Checklist clipped outside and Barcode page on top inside the envelope.
Envelope 3 : Supporting documents : Index on top, and each document type separated by an index transparent sheet
Envelope 4 : Photos

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
I am joining the index But I thought I should separate the Forms and Supporting documents.

So What you are saying is take out the Sponsor Forms and Sponsored Forms from envelope and Put it on the top of Supporting documents ? and put the Index and Checklist on the top of it ?

It can be got I can always paper clip them to make bundles. I thought envelope thing was good as it look more clean, but your idea is not bad either and like they will see the barcode quickly instead of opening the envelopes.

For the time being I am in this order now.

Envelope 1 : Sponsor forms : Checklist clipped outside and Barcode page on top inside the envelope.
Envelope 2: Sponsored Forms : Checklist clipped outside and Barcode page on top inside the envelope.
Envelope 3 : Supporting documents : Index on top, and each document type separated by an index transparent sheet
Envelope 4 : Photos
I think you are good to go!

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
& RE-PCC Nov 24, 2013. Docs & PCC sent Nov 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 27,2011 & Dec 4, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received stamped passport back Nov 12, 2014
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah on Dec 9, 2014
Seems like you are all prepped to submit your application.

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Wow you did so much i only had one envelope with my forms on top and then my husbands .. i followed the main checklist and the last 3 items i had were police and medical and immigration photos (dnt bt remember the order check the checklist) i kept it simple abd straight forward.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Just go ahead and submit it :D This thing drove me nuts the night before submitting it, I literally had to rip open all my envelopes thrice cause every time I packed it and thought "ok, I am done" a weird thought will come into my mind and I will check the whole application again. I did this THRICE, then finally packed everything and went to Canada post at 8am.

fizz1234

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Islamabad
waiting110 said:
Wow you did so much i only had one envelope with my forms on top and then my husbands .. i followed the main checklist and the last 3 items i had were police and medical and immigration photos (dnt bt remember the order check the checklist) i kept it simple abd straight forward.
Different strokes for different folks :)
I did the same what he did apart from the different envelope for photos, as mine were way too many to fit in an envelope. Had to get a plastic bag from Canada post [6 years of photos].